• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unwanted Writing By A Member Of The Forun.

Sylvi

Please do not call me with that slang word uncle you are not a relative of mine.

Uncle means someone who is your mother's or father's brother.

If not you call uncle is who had to do something with your mother. Which I did not do.

Please understand Speedometer is incorporated with Odometer at the center. You moron dot try to teach any thing to me.

Wijesinghe.

Why do you call me a moron? Morons are people that are related to sylvi. I am not related to him so please dont call me that slang.

The speedometer gives a varying value. The odometer is derived from it. But they arent the same. What we're talking about is the fact that people bring down one the numbers on the ODOmeters. That shows that the car has run a lesser distance byt he previous owner. If you change the speedometer it will only show you (the new owner) doing a lower SPEED when driving.

I believe that you (sylvi) have a slight grasp of the concept when you say that they are 'incorporated'. But your arrogance and refusal to admit your lack of knowledge (of English and mechanics) and not being open to someone's advice prevents you from actually understanding things.

Don't worry we'll teach you mechanics (for free) and english (at a nominal introductory price).

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah my bad for not reading the whole thing before hitting the reply button :action-smiley-060: ..Sylvi disease is spreading fast i guess:lol:

seems that self-righteous folks are popping up pointing fingers...

earlier it was DKG to the rescue of the troll.... then he accused senior AL members being crooks etc without any evidence whatsoever...

Now it's this new theory that we're ganging up on people we don't like... Like we don't have anything else better to do with our time!

In any forum BS'ers are frowned upon and taken to task by the more senior and more frequent contributors...

nothing new there.

What if we stopped engaging people who write rubbish claiming decades of experience and what not???

that content would be up on AL and some un suspecting soul might think it's accurate!

will AL not be a joke then?

It's easy to sit back and not do anything but point fingers later! some of us had to fight this plague though we're wasting our own time doing it and now...having to take crap for it also...

similar to what our military had to do though the scale of it can never be compared

all wanted ltte to be finished or peace to come but nobody wanted to sacrifice anything but waited till the other guys did something about it!

Why do you call me a moron? Morons are people that are related to sylvi. I am not related to him so please dont call me that slang.

The speedometer gives a varying value. The odometer is derived from it. But they arent the same. What we're talking about is the fact that people bring down one the numbers on the ODOmeters. That shows that the car has run a lesser distance byt he previous owner. If you change the speedometer it will only show you (the new owner) doing a lower SPEED when driving.

I believe that you (sylvi) have a slight grasp of the concept when you say that they are 'incorporated'. But your arrogance and refusal to admit your lack of knowledge (of English and mechanics) and not being open to someone's advice prevents you from actually understanding things.

Don't worry we'll teach you mechanics (for free) and english (at a nominal introductory price).

earlier it was DKG to the rescue of the troll.... then he accused senior AL members being crooks etc without any evidence whatsoever...

Now it's this new theory that we're ganging up on people we don't like... Like we don't have anything else better to do with our time!

In any forum BS'ers are frowned upon and taken to task by the more senior and more frequent contributors...

nothing new there.

What if we stopped engaging people who write rubbish claiming decades of experience and what not???

that content would be up on AL and some un suspecting soul might think it's accurate!

It's easy to sit back and not do anything but point fingers later! some of us had to fight this plague though we're wasting our own time doing it and now...having to take crap for it also...

similar to what our military had to do though the scale of it can never be compared

all wanted ltte to be finished or peace to come but nobody wanted to sacrifice anything but waited till the other guys did something about it!

Spot on. I was actually gonna post asking the mods to put a stop to this thread as this was going a bit too far. Seeing comments about parents, etc is not very decent in what is called a family forum. However, having said that, I have to totally agree with what Dilesh and you on this. For reasons I don’t like to comment on, sylvi has some sort of a mental disorder that makes him want to post some BS in each and every thread that might actually add some value to the forum. When he is getting bashed from every possible direction, then comes the weed smoking donkey lion for the rescue. Where the hell did he come from after all this time?

Looks to me like some constructive attempt to bring the value of AL down by making the members to focus their time and attention on these BS threads which they would otherwise use on something which really adds value. It's a pity that mods can't ban anyone on the grounds of stupidity and providing misleading information. No one is perfect and people make mistakes, but I have never seen anyone as stupid and as stubborn as sylvi in my entire life..(Was going to use some other words, but...) :rolleyes:

Please understand you have to remove dash board panel to get into electronic Mileage meter unit then it is adjusted to low down the correct Kilometers done to lesser amount by using a laptop computer.

This is first done in Srilanka by our electronic technicians for used cars and Commercial Vehicles.

Then Japanese our Srilankan exporters in Japan used to adjust meters. I think they cannot do that at present due to certificate which is necessary for export.

I know what is speed meter and mileage meter.

During good old days we had round figures turning on the mileage meter. Now Electronics had taken over same

Wijesinghe

Mr. Dilesh,

You are insulting me as uncle you are not a relative of mine.

So I had to use that word to you.

Wijesinghe.

Actually, calling the elder generation Uncle is very much a Sri Lankan cultural trait. Its like calling your slight older friends Aiya. If he had called you seeya, then that would be an insult. A subtle one.

Also, you don't HAVE to do anything. You made a conscious decision to use "that word", so don't try to make excuses with "had to".

Dilesh, stop calling the man Uncle. It a headache to read these posts and he seems to want to respond to everything, including his own posts, which aggregates my headaches. So please stop.

Mr. Dilesh,

You are insulting me as uncle you are not a relative of mine.

So I had to use that word to you.

Wijesinghe.

Ur probably the only person in all of sri lanka who find it offensive that someone way younger to you call you 'uncle'. We're not claiming to be your relatives . (no-one here ever would ever want to).

See Sylvi, the thing is this, you want to be recognized for your seniority (in age), yet when we address you with seniority you take it as an insult. Untill you came along no-one boasted about their age and demanded respect. Hell, members like MasterDon, Dev, S_N and myself are probably some of the youngest members here. And we do give respect to other members based on thier actions and behaviors. You sadly though very well older than my uncle, and even qualified to be in the grandpa category dont seem senior in your knowledge or mentality. Anyway its upto you on how you think you fit into a group of people of diverse ages, races and financial backgrounds. Though you seem to think you're supirior in this sense, to us these things really dont matter.

Anyway, i'll tell you what, i'm sure I speak on behalf of the other members who you claim are "insulting you" when I say this; We'll not pick on you if you could change your online presence in a way such that

- you get off your high horse and act like any other member (not boasting your business, inherited wealth and what not)

- you not post off-topic things (such as blasts from your past) in other useful threads and hence rendering those thread useless.

- stop bashing others when they point out a mistake in a post you make with your expertise in automotive technology. It just COULD be that the others happen to know more than you.

I think this is a fair resolution to this thread; and so we'll all be able to live happily ever after..

edit: replaced uncle with sylvi as per peri's request.

Edited by Dilesh

Look what I found about Mr. Sylvester Wijesinghe :)

http://www.windshield-repair-forum.com/sea...58&sr=posts

This sounds very familiar http://www.windshield-repair-forum.com/vie...15&start=20

Now, now... this is FYI only, not to continue with the flame war. It is clear that this person advertises his services on many forums.

Edited by Az

Look what I found about Mr. Sylvester Wijesinghe :)

http://www.windshield-repair-forum.com/sea...58&sr=posts

This sounds very familiar http://www.windshield-repair-forum.com/vie...15&start=20

Now, now... this is FYI only, not to continue with the flame war. It is clear that this person advertises his services on many forums.

OMG!!!...he's on international forums aswell!!!!!!!!!

and still goin OT...I mean what does window polishing have to do with the civil war?...unbelievable!

LOL...great find Az

Hah hah, explains the 6 hours on inetz.

I hope i have not taken lot of your valuable time and written out of the topic but fact remain is I am not in USA and doing a USA invented method in this Third world country.

Our time wasn't valuable ever, as we aren't from USA lol.

i'm addicted to feeding this troll. I cant help it... i need counselling.

Counseling is what what you need To become

counsellor of state

You'll are sadly mistaken. I know what I write I have stood on International forum concurrence when most of the members were toddlers.

Wijesinghe.

Ya... we've seen those international forums too. How come you're not on the forum for The mentally handicapped..? :lol:

nothing new there.

Ripper

I honestly don't think you needed to say that. But then thats my own opinion. Has it come to a stage where everyone is either for Sylvie or against him?

This is not a war. You are not fighting a guy who was spreading anti-social propaganda or fighting for a separate state. Comparing this to the war is melodramatic and unwarranted.

This thread with its inglorious innuendo does not add to the forum's glory or credibility either. Even the newest to the forum are not dumb to believe what is obviously not good advice. You guys(the experienced) have always commented constructively when he misinforms so newbies know what to believe.

I hardly think an AL-nobody like me commenting on this is giving you crap.. Contrary to popular belief, my commenting is not self righteous and its strange you think so.

If you are looking for a new target after DKG disappeared then I suggest you do not look at me....

Dilesh - yes I can decide not to read or comment to this thread. But you can decide not to take Sylvie's comments seriously as well. So I guess 'choice' swings both ways mate.

Either ways, this was my token resistance to highlight the fact that we should just get over this thing. That ends here. You guys go right on trolling... I'll just look for the daily dose of humor

Edited by Rebel

Boys, now this is shameful. This is just way too person an attack. I mean, chasing the guy around the internet?

leave it, just leave it. Just post the simple rebuttals to the wrong stuff, and don't get into personal stuff. Just leave it all. This is just going waay too out of hand and over the line.

Ok I'm out of this thread, if Mr. Sylvia Saint doesn't know when to call it quits after all this, I don't think there's much more we can do. Best to just ignore him. Is there an "ignore" function on this board?