• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unwanted Writing By A Member Of The Forun.

Sylvi

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Machang, this post of your oozes selfish intentions... you are upset that none of us responded to your query about flooded roads??

You make it sound as if we are all duty bound to give traffic updates for someone headed to Colombo.

Damn, AL is now starting to be full of whiners and cry babies.

Come now, that was uncalled for... MkX had a point, the flooding thread WAS completely overwhelmed by Uncle's antics, so anybody who posted a query had no hope of getting an answer.

The whole point of the AL forum is that we help fellow members out, what he pointed out here was that his question was totally drowned out by all the vitriol thrown at our nut polisher. I'll warrant his was not the only query that got missed thanks to that idiot.

Just my 2c :)

yes true, the whole point is we help out... but a churu churu just because we missed a post is a bit like a nagging, dontcha think? Sometimes some questions by some members gets dropped, even without the Sylvie Drama.

My apologies if I was out of line.

Come now, that was uncalled for... MkX had a point, the flooding thread WAS completely overwhelmed by Uncle's antics, so anybody who posted a query had no hope of getting an answer.

The whole point of the AL forum is that we help fellow members out, what he pointed out here was that his question was totally drowned out by all the vitriol thrown at our nut polisher. I'll warrant his was not the only query that got missed thanks to that idiot.

Just my 2c :)

Well you boys are both correct i'd say.

S_N is correct cos MKx's question really wasnt the highlighted enough. But it doesnt mean no-one read it. in fact i remember reading it and MKx had to ask again for help (which i also remember reading). My lack of response doesnt mean i didnt see it, just that I didnt know an answer to his question. Its the norm for anyone to not say anything if they dont know the answer. And when MKx asked the 2nd time and he still didnt get a response he too should have kinda realized this.

But at the same time there were threads where members' questions were answered amidst all the BS that was smeered all over those threads. Hence my thoughts on starting a new thread for the 'distractions' and give the other threads/topics the due focus.

At the same time, as VVTi says you cant complain or whine simply because you didnt get an answer. We're all here to help within our means and are under no legal obligation to do so. We help when we can, and when we cant, well, we dont. And thats normal on any online forum....

yes true, the whole point is we help out... but a churu churu just because we missed a post is a bit like a nagging, dontcha think? Sometimes some questions by some members gets dropped, even without the Sylvie Drama.

Well I suppose it does head in the direction of nagging a tad bit. But I meant more the fact that the BS on that thread completely derailed something that was genuinely useful. And yes, I was guilty of fueling the fire too.

In this instance I feel Mkx may have been justified pointing this out.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Yep, since I did not got the answer for the 2nd time too. I asked few friends in colombo, different people gave different opinions. Till I came to Kegalle that day I though of getting Awissawella route which I reluctant to take due to stupid bus drivers who always race in that road. But last moment I took the balummahara - Malabe road as i heard base line road also flooded in some areas. But then I realized it's worst compared to other two options, however luckily no raining in the morning and only few places with mud, etc.

Since evening is rainy again I took Awissawella road, just as I expected my right side front end almost got smashed in 2 occasions in to tight bends by two drivers who racing in the Kegalle - Awissawella route. I was lucky enough to escape without problem since I knew the route and prepared for it.

So small note to those who take that route. It's very easy road to Kandy, no traffic, etc. But always be cautious in oncoming traffic.

Well I suppose it does head in the direction of nagging a tad bit. But I meant more the fact that the BS on that thread completely derailed something that was genuinely useful. And yes, I was guilty of fueling the fire too.

In this instance I feel Mkx may have been justified pointing this out.

BTW neither did churu churu in flood related thread nor here. Just wanted to high light the fact that we may miss important quires here in AL. After all out of the time we spend reading AL forum why waste time on things that does not bring any good to any one. Just IMHO.

Well as far as my quiry is concerned, things have to move on whether AL is running or not. "Can't keep the Caravan till Gogs wake up and start barking, Caravan should move on". (To good dogs in all good means) :alc:

Well as far as my quiry is concerned, things have to move on whether AL is running or not. "Can't keep the Caravan till Gogs wake up and start barking, Caravan should move on". (To good dogs in all good means) :alc:

Well, the prob here on AL right now is, the "caravan" is stuck and is creating a huge traffic jam, causing chaos. Hope it'd move on, so that others can go on with their journeys :D

errrr....care to elaborate???

Folks who acts like jokers here get what they asked for since it is a very close knit community.

most people know each other through g2g's and the likes so it's normal that those folks are more tighter knit than an anonymous members who loves to talk crap like DKG.

If you have followed the threads it's easy to see how this old man has become a cancer to almost all the threads polluting everything and anything with all his big talk.

I would love to know when and who we have ganged up against when we don't like them.

Thats just it. The old guys is nuts but to each his own right? We dont have to contribute to a thread that just brings down the standards of the forum.

I've followed all the threads and yes he does wade in with his self righteous and pompous 'English' and that just funny doesn't have to turn in to a brawl with slang, family and schools dragged in to it.

By your own admission you guys are a close knit group. This thread may very well be construed as a 'ganging up' on the old man and DKG. IMO. That doesn't meant they're right...

Thats just it. The old guys is nuts but to each his own right? We dont have to contribute to a thread that just brings down the standards of the forum.

I've followed all the threads and yes he does wade in with his self righteous and pompous 'English' and that just funny doesn't have to turn in to a brawl with slang, family and schools dragged in to it.

By your own admission you guys are a close knit group. This thread may very well be construed as a 'ganging up' on the old man and DKG. IMO. That doesn't meant they're right...

Ture. Even I've stop commenting on Silvy. You guys were spot on the statements he did, like on ATF fluids "that any ATF will suit for any auto/cvt/mulitmatic/etc". That was sufficient enough and no need to drag our standards down by bringing personal stuff.

com on guys, you all think Sylvie is an old man and believe all of his rubbish ? hes a retard who wants to play with you guys and make a big fuzz, maybe attention seeker, so let him post whatever and play with him with the limits, this kinds of people are normal in big forums

let him post whatever and play with him with the limits, this kinds of people are normal in big forums

x2. Have fun, till he wants to. Big forums get big trolls :D

LOL btw i think, someone tried to do some advertising of his profession/business at times around here (noticed phone num being posted many times), but now it seems like it is backfiring and has already made a bad image of him, which makes said person's efforts, a big fail.

Sir,

I never do what I am not experienced.

here are few others do this in Srilanka.

I think they are the first to adjust speed meter figures to Automobile industry.

Wijesinghe.

THE FOLLOWING POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH "BEING CHEATED", AND IS OT. SO UNLESS YOU'RE SYLVI, PLEASE DONT READ IT.

I dont think you quite understood my post. I was using something that we normally call "sarcasm". In english we sometimes ask rhetorical questions (thats a type of question we ask that we know the answer to but merely use it to state a fact) to put forward out point.

In this case i dont want my speedo-meter reversed, but merely wanted to know how you do it? I know you're referring to the odo-meter but as a pioneer (who probably worked hand in hand with Henry Ford) in the sri lankan automobile industry we expect YOU to use proper terms/words.

Uncle, can i take this oppotunity to teach you something:

Speedometer : this shows how fast the vehicle is going at a fiven instance

Odometer : this shows how much distance the car has covered over its lifetime.

ok? The lesson on automobiles i give for free. The english lesson i charge for, so pelase send me your address for me to send you my bill. :P

PS: ooops, sorry realized i went OT with this. shall add topic header to fix it.

Edited by Dilesh

i'm addicted to feeding this troll. I cant help it... i need counselling.

But on a sidenote: the reason we shouldnt just ignore his bullshit is cos a person who doesnt know about the topic might take him seriously and do what he says. And what credibility would we have when our forum is judged (or undervalued) due to advice/posts like sylvi's.

But on a sidenote: the reason we shouldnt just ignore his bullshit is cos a person who doesnt know about the topic might take him seriously and do what he says. And what credibility would we have when our forum is judged (or undervalued) due to advice/posts like sylvi's.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Hi Dilesh , I am VVTI... and I am a Troll Feeding addict too... I just can't help the lure of the KB when I see a hungry troll! :action-smiley-060:

Ha ha ha ha ha

Hi Dilesh , I am VVTI... and I am a Troll Feeding addict too... I just can't help the lure of the KB when I see a hungry troll! :action-smiley-060:

All members who write against my posts please understand I am not a Troll.

You all are moron border on.

Wijesinghe.

Ha ha ha ha ha

I am VVTI... and I am a Troll Feeding addict too

You admit what you have written.

Wijesinghe.

Counseling is what what you need To become

counsellor of state

You'll are sadly mistaken. I know what I write I have stood on International forum concurrence when most of the members were toddlers.

Wijesinghe.

THE FOLLOWING POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH "BEING CHEATED", AND IS OT. SO UNLESS YOU'RE SYLVI, PLEASE DONT READ IT.

I dont think you quite understood my post. I was using something that we normally call "sarcasm". In english we sometimes ask rhetorical questions (thats a type of question we ask that we know the answer to but merely use it to state a fact) to put forward out point.

In this case i dont want my speedo-meter reversed, but merely wanted to know how you do it? I know you're referring to the odo-meter but as a pioneer (who probably worked hand in hand with Henry Ford) in the sri lankan automobile industry we expect YOU to use proper terms/words.

Uncle, can i take this oppotunity to teach you something:

Speedometer : this shows how fast the vehicle is going at a fiven instance

Odometer : this shows how much distance the car has covered over its lifetime.

ok? The lesson on automobiles i give for free. The english lesson i charge for, so pelase send me your address for me to send you my bill. :P

PS: ooops, sorry realized i went OT with this. shall add topic header to fix it.

Please do not call me with that slang word uncle you are not a relative of mine.

Uncle means someone who is your mother's or father's brother.

If not you call uncle is who had to do something with your mother. Which I did not do.

Please understand Speedometer is incorporated with Odometer at the center. You moron dot try to teach any thing to me.

Wijesinghe.

Rebel

This is why some of us have no choice but to fight the troll.

The forum has standards as you said and leaving his retarded posts can send somebody who doesn't know much about stuff in the wrong direction.

You knowing the subject matter might not be affected...but that's not the case for everybody!

And for the record.... your "ganging" up happens when retards make stupid claims in this forum bringing the standard of the content down.

As people who posts regularly on AL, have shared tips with so many over the years...we're almost duty bound to keep this place minus the BS to the best of our knowledge and ability. Maybe you don't share the same feeling towards AL

Rebel

This is why some of us have no choice but to fight the troll.

The forum has standards as you said and leaving his retarded posts can send somebody who doesn't know much about stuff in the wrong direction.

You knowing the subject matter might not be affected...but that's not the case for everybody!

And for the record.... your "ganging" up happens when retards make stupid claims in this forum bringing the standard of the content down.

As people who posts regularly on AL, have shared tips with so many over the years...we're almost duty bound to keep this place minus the BS to the best of our knowledge and ability. Maybe you don't share the same feeling towards AL

you've quoted the wrong person ripper :D

you've quoted the wrong person ripper :D

not really machang :)

I was replying to rebel but used a part of dilesh's post since what Dilesh says there is part of my point too :)

not really machang :)

I was replying to rebel but used a part of dilesh's post since what Dilesh says there is part of my point too :)

ah my bad for not reading the whole thing before hitting the reply button :action-smiley-060: ..Sylvi disease is spreading fast i guess:lol: