• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Another Accident !!

http://youtu.be/ZCZoCH1F4uQ

Thanks for sharing. But the language used by the camera guy , last few seconds were bleak and improper.

Technology is awfully high nowadays where we can instantaneously share our captured images globally. But why cant many use in any case a straightforward editing to chop off sounds and images uncalled for before uploading on youtube.

MINIACE

Another Accident !!

http://youtu.be/ZCZoCH1F4uQ

Thanks for sharing. But the language used by the camera guy , last few seconds were bleak and improper.

Technology is awfully high nowadays where we can instantaneously share our captured images globally. But why cant many use in any case a straightforward editing to chop off sounds and images uncalled for before uploading on youtube.

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Justice is done!

In simple terms Pasindu is given a 6 months ban but he is given a bail out and SLAS is watching him for the next 1 year and if he does a wrong doing again his penalty will come into action including the punishment applicable of his next offence. Guess Im correct.

MINIACE

Justice is done!

In simple terms Pasindu is given a 6 months ban but he is given a bail out and SLAS is watching him for the next 1 year and if he does a wrong doing again his penalty will come into action including the punishment applicable of his next offence. Guess Im correct.

MINIACE

Did anyone notice him nudging/hitting Aravinda Premadasa-- just before the left hand bend @ Sigiriya --whilst overtaking premadasa to take 02nd place?

[After that aravinda P. was not seen participating. Showed him & the end near his stalled car.]

My question is :- If there is a protest & he is found at fault, then Pasindu will be suspended for 6 months+ a penalty for the latest incident?

If so -- only he is to be blamed, for 'his style' of driving.

Although - its not relevant to this topic --IMO - I thought that Pasindu actually drove well that day - in the 1st SL GT & other races as well. However [again IMO] there is a fine line between a brilliant driver & a driver who doesn't care about the rules & other competitors. DD won because he kept a cool head & perfect race lines.

Edited by mirage7777

Did anyone notice him nudging/hitting Aravinda Premadasa-- just before the left hand bend @ Sigiriya --whilst overtaking premadasa to take 02nd place?

[After that aravinda P. was not seen participating. Showed him & the end near his stalled car.]

My question is :- If there is a protest & he is found at fault, then Pasindu will be suspended for 6 months+ a penalty for the latest incident?

If so -- only he is to be blamed, for 'his style' of driving.

Although - its not relevant to this topic --IMO - I thought that Pasindu actually drove well that day - in the 1st SL GT & other races as well. However [again IMO] there is a fine line between a brilliant driver & a driver who doesn't care about the rules & other competitors. DD won because he kept a cool head & a perfect race lines.

Yes..Aravinda protested. Inquiry is pending. Hear SLAS is seriously looking into this and collecting videos especially the first corner footages.Guess Pasindu was bit more aggressive at Sigiriya. My bet is that he is going to get a serious penalty.

MINIACE

But if I recall, Sigiriya and Colombo (night) races were done by 2 different organizers right? In that case I wouldn't imagine one organization's penalty to be carried over to the other.

All the clubs in Sri Lanka are governed by SLAS. The ruling was given by SLAS so it affects all the meets held in Sri Lanka

Yup - the Night race was organised by SLAS so their ban (if/when it it's imposed) is applicable to all races.

Generally if a Club organises an event, and there is a protest, after an internal enquiry the club will (if found guilty) impose a Club suspension. This is limited to the Club only, but the Club will then forward the details to SLAS. SLAS will then inquire and if they agree with the findings of the inquiry, sometimes after their own enquiry, will issue a General Suspension, which they pass out all Clubs ....

SLAS will usually have their own inquiry to check that the Club inquiry was done correctly, talk to the protestor / protestee etc before confirming the General suspension.

all of this works perfectly fine, until the suspended driver then appeals directly to the Minister and often gets a waiver .......