• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Well here is my unbiased two cents..... Its quite clear that PP had well and truly overtaken Ashan at the bend, as Ashan's path was blocked by the blue subaru.

However PPs car is clearly not maintaining a straight line and its quite clear he tried to close the gap by moving to the left, but this was not a nudge, although it appears that way in the csn video,

Verdict : PP not guilty.

Well here is my unbiased two cents..... Its quite clear that PP had well and truly overtaken Ashan at the bend, as Ashan's path was blocked by the blue subaru.

However PPs car is clearly not maintaining a straight line and its quite clear he tried to close the gap by moving to the left, but this was not a nudge, although it appears that way in the csn video,

Verdict : PP not guilty.

are u blind????

that was not a move to close the racing line it was a clear nudge & it is visible in the videos....u dont need to look at the slow motion video to see that.....so i doubt u r being unbiased here

• Like 2

I'm not so sure about a physical nudge. I have good pics of PPs door during the last lap and his victory lap, no damage to be seen. Should have been a dent there if there was a nudge. I think he twitched and Ashan reacted, which is dirty play anyway.

Anyone know the flag status? I saw someone mention that there was a yellow flag out, if so there is no overtaking allowed under Yellow, right? So PP shouldn't have pulled in front in the first place to make that twitch?

are u blind????

that was not a move to close the racing line it was a clear nudge & it is visible in the videos....u dont need to look at the slow motion video to see that.....so i doubt u r being unbiased here

gotta agree with CP here. there was no reason for PP to move to his left like that. the 2nd vid posted by PP camp doesn't show the race line as well as the CSN vid.

That track bit can easily accommodate 3 cars and when that's the case, why would PP make that lefty move?

Kudos to Ashan for running a clean race.

There were many instances during the race he had to backdown to PP so both can run a clean race.

It's a shame that this had to end the way it finally did.

AS and PP had a good relationship from what i could see in their behaviour at the tracks all these years. It was nice to see talented two young chaps racing well and still being good friends.

Completely unnecessary imho. you win some and you loose some. pointless tainting a victory with these sorta moves.

PP is a great driver, it's always boat loads of fun to see him in action. This is very disappointing.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about a physical nudge. I have good pics of PPs door during the last lap and his victory lap, no damage to be seen. Should have been a dent there if there was a nudge. I think he twitched and Ashan reacted, which is dirty play anyway.

Anyone know the flag status? I saw someone mention that there was a yellow flag out, if so there is no overtaking allowed under Yellow, right? So PP shouldn't have pulled in front in the first place to make that twitch?

were the marshals properly coordinated?

from what i have seen...they rarely are. If the race was under yellow flag and PP made this move.... there is nothing much to argue about :)

Edited by Ripper

from what i have seen...they rarely are. If the race was under yellow flag and PP made this move.... there is nothing much to argue about :)

I dont think marshals were that active in this race. If they were they should have raised a yellow if not red flad just before the turn when that VW Polo pile up happened. Let's say the 2nd car that crashed into the first couldnt be stopped because there was no time, but there was a pretty big gap before all the subsequent polo's started piling up.

I'd have to agree on the critique, tho it was 5am, I'm sure everyone was running on fumes. But there WAS debris on the track, so there was cause for a yellow. I saw a post by Nigel talking about a yellow, tho I didn't spot it on the video. Someone take another look? That vid isn't going to load from work.

Besides, PPs car had two cameras mounted, front and aft. Footage from those should show any sudden twitches. And flags.

To quote Ashan himself "i did leave the gap open i knew he was going to take the inside line but i didnt mind and didnt want to block him, as all i knew i would still be inside on to the next corner. You cant say 80% its more like 50% or 60% i dont know who told you the two cars never made contact who ever said it, is so WRONG. I have the marks of Pasindu's rear wheel on my front right door"

"as the drivers were not obeying the flag signals but you should also look at it from the drivers point of view when you are inside the car and when following the car in front really close bumper to bumper you wont see the flags in front as you will be looking inside of the corner, Flags waved out side of the corners and too many spectators were with the corner marshals normally where the corner marshal has to be alone and visible , spectators were wearing different colour t-shirts so it becomes hard to see flags.

Also when the yellow flags were waved for and incident there were no green flags waved by the next marshal so basically the whole race was under yellow flag which means you cannot over take anywhere marshals has to be trained properly some marshals didnt even have their Walkie-talkies everybody has their faults and no blue flags were waved at all expect at the start line"

There you go, dont know the validity of all this but thats what i saw and i believe it has some validity.

Actually there are 2 links - which have been active from morning.

Here's the other one - https://www.facebook...f_t=share_reply

Also - another video posted -by his brother - in support of pasindu :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y70NeYJhbhQ

However the arguments in the 2nd link is not plausible,---- as it doesn't show what actual happened [as compared to footage from CSN] - from the angle it was videoed.

Yep me too been all over the argument from morning, the video that sasindu posted doesn't show the crash at a proper angle at all.If you look closely the nudge part is not to be seen cause who ever was holding the camera couldn't keep up with the cars.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

To quote Ashan himself "i did leave the gap open i knew he was going to take the inside line but i didnt mind and didnt want to block him, as all i knew i would still be inside on to the next corner. You cant say 80% its more like 50% or 60% i dont know who told you the two cars never made contact who ever said it, is so WRONG. I have the marks of Pasindu's rear wheel on my front right door"

That makes sense. I did say no mark on the door. if he made contact with the wheel, then that won't show up. Can't see Ashan's door from where I was.

Does have a point on the marshals tho.

Well, upto the stewards anyway.

I say, no one has any comments on my GT4 and SL-GT album? :( I thought I had a few good shots in there...

Also - another video posted -by his brother - in support of pasindu :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y70NeYJhbhQ

However the arguments in the 2nd link is not plausible,---- as it doesn't show what actual happened [as compared to footage from CSN] - from the angle it was videoed.

Clear yellow being waved on the outside of the corner on this vid.

I say, no one has any comments on my GT4 and SL-GT album? :( I thought I had a few good shots in there...

yeah nice shots Peri and i +1 it, now people are kinda lazy to comment, even my youtube channel got more than 3000 views in past 3 days but not even a single comment

Clear yellow being waved on the outside of the corner on this vid.

well i hope the responsible bodies take proper action for these sorta incidents.

you can't make any progress without setting standards and upholding them.

If PP is guilty of what we all think he is of...there should be some sort of penalty put on him.

Or else all of these rules and stuff will become just a bloody joke. Yellow flag is clearly visible as you say...so one can't overtake another. And to add upto that, you can clearly see PP turning to his left without any reason to do so. Except to maybe block ashan and eventually got him to slam into the other chap.

anybody know which racing body is in charge of this?

the slgt was totally worth the wait.. one of the best races i have witnessed and i thing its a real shame how it ended..

everyone has a different side to the story however i thing pp could have avoided what happened.. if you look at the csn vid you ccan see a yellow line on the left corner, pp is not driving parallel to it which means he was not driving in a straight line as claimed by his brother.. this is what i see

and talking about flags i heard darin saying that ashan overtook him on the yellow flag.. looking at the video it pretty much looks like that..

Totally overtaking under a yellow flag should be a penalty rite .Nigel slowly moved his car a side for ashan and pp to pass thru him .There was so much space for over 2 cars to go but still P.P made sure ashan goes straight into that bumper,even before pasindu didn't allow Ashan to pass by the inner corners he just blocks Ashan.P.P might be a good driver in a gravel track But when it comes to corners,Tarmac and the streets its always Ashan silva .Corner marshals where did they get them .Sons of the rich people i guess . all around.

Totally overtaking under a yellow flag should be a penalty rite .Nigel slowly moved his car a side for ashan and pp to pass thru him .There was so much space for over 2 cars to go but still P.P made sure ashan goes straight into that bumper,even before pasindu didn't allow Ashan to pass by the inner corners he just blocks Ashan.P.P might be a good driver in a gravel track But when it comes to corners,Tarmac and the streets its always Ashan silva .Corner marshals where did they get them .Sons of the rich people i guess . all around.

Looking at some photos I was thinking the same thing about marshals.

But I was reading somewhere (either on AL, FB or YT) that though there was a marshal with a yellow flag before the danger area there was no green-flag marshal after the danger area. So technically the race-director/marshals are at fault.

But even if the drivers were to use their better judgement, and slow down at the danger area and start racing again after the danger area, this overtake is inexcusable as it happened right at the danger area.

• Like 1

If thats the case he is guilty as charged.... lets hang em..

You're looking less and less unbiased, as you claimed. The overtaking under a yellow is a minor thing, the sort of infraction that is punished with a penalty, like time, position or drive thru. Its the nudge that more serious, as thats dirty play. Thats the sort of thing that will have more severe punishments, like DQ from race, or suspension of racing license.

Overtaking under the yellow and moving to deliberately cause and accident is two separate charges.

And while we can all offer our opinions, the verdict and action will have to be handed out by the governing bodies.

• Like 1

Hi all,

it was a super race and i m glad it finished off so well and events such as this definitely is going to promote motor sport activities in SL. I trully enjoyed driving at the top with pasindu and ashan as both of them are super drivers and you really gottta drive at 110% with both of them right next to you. Yes i was overtaken on the yellow flag however i believe ashan when he told me he didnt see it being waved.I m not someone to protest and beat other competitors and i consider it done and dusted. But my god was is scarry having all 4 wheels off the ground at 180+ flat on fifth with spectators on either side.

But i definietly took some learning lesson from this race and i m glad the sti has the pace to be on the podium. But there is definetly more work to be done. Also congrats to javidh who drove really well to come 4th. Being a rally driver he showed everyone he can drive on tarmac too.

I want to thank everyone who was there for all the support and the pics as well.

• Like 2

You're looking less and less unbiased, as you claimed. The overtaking under a yellow is a minor thing, the sort of infraction that is punished with a penalty, like time, position or drive thru. Its the nudge that more serious, as thats dirty play. Thats the sort of thing that will have more severe punishments, like DQ from race, or suspension of racing license.

Overtaking under the yellow and moving to deliberately cause and accident is two separate charges.

And while we can all offer our opinions, the verdict and action will have to be handed out by the governing bodies.

Hey.. I was just kidding, and you are right the governing body would have taken action if they felt there was something wrong. I am sure they would have watched all movie clips...

Darin : That was some super driving, it was a pleasure to watch...

Hey.. I was just kidding, and you are right the governing body would have taken action if they felt there was something wrong. I am sure they would have watched all movie clips...

The sarcasm was evident, but I was referring to the fact that you seem to disagree.

I want to thank everyone who was there for all the support and the pics as well.

You know your glowing brake disks would look a lot better if your rims weren't orange too ;) Bit hard to catch coz you were braking really early into the corner for the roundabout.