• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Hey thanks buddy. Got all my stuff in and had a good time. The lighting was very photo friendly- got some nice shots even with f4 and no IS :)

They shoulda banned flashes, I saw a couple of idiots at Hilton merrily firing external flashes at the on-coming bikes and cars.

Anyway, lets get this party started.

https://plus.google.com/photos/112145825437414596051/albums/5687628303329207185

• Like 1

Those are the probably THE most uninterested looking bunch of grid girls i've seen.

You are wrong dude, they are defiantly interested at something in photo #45 :P

and thanks for the photos praveen, do post some more.

Edited by Reckless

those 2 are not 'on the job' in #45. Look at the ones where they are holding the grid-boards. ALL of them are either bored or uninterested. True motor races may not be their 'passion' but still they are paid to look good and LOOK attractive and LOOK interested.. If the job was merely to make sure the grid-boards were standing up straight, you get a lot less 'good looking' people for a lot less money.

Those are the probably THE most uninterested looking bunch of grid girls i've seen. Some look like they're waiting at a bus stop leaning against a road-sign.

To be fair by them, they had been there around 5 hours at that point, mostly just sitting around and standing around wearing high heels, and having a buncha nancy-boys shouting rude things at them while they were standing with the numbers.

• Like 1

those 2 are not 'on the job' in #45. Look at the ones where they are holding the grid-boards. ALL of them are either bored or uninterested. True motor races may not be their 'passion' but still they are paid to look good and LOOK attractive and LOOK interested.. If the job was merely to make sure the grid-boards were standing up straight, you get a lot less 'good looking' people for a lot less money.

and thanks for the photos praveen, do post some more.

Sorry, had to resort the album coz I added some stuff later. The pic you guys are talking about is now 19.

Also, next up

https://plus.google.com/photos/112145825437414596051/albums/5687645150625473761

One of them is yawning or has just burped - not sure which!

Like the mint with a hole tho haha - well done peri.

Great pics Peri, and thanks for sharing....

All in all it was a good night, for all petrolheads who appreciate the smell of burnt rubber and high octain fuel... unfortunately majority of the spectators where disciplined idiots. I came in late so was stuck with the masses till the roads opened up. Most of the guys had no clue on what was racing, they kept on hooting at the guys coming in last, not very nice.

I was great to see HE & madam waiting till 4:00 am , atmosphere was great but should have improved on the refreshments ( around 2:30, Hilton was only selling sausages at Rs 600/= , and this is just one freaking sausage !! ). A lot of girls did not want to hand around WTC as most of the pervs were not exactly interesting in watching the cars..

Lets hope we have bigger event next year !!!

• Like 1

Ahhh, Just after the first corner, right? I have a pic of the tap that started that accident. Looks like the chaps were lucky and saw it coming, looks like most of them managed to get clear. Tho that guy with camera in the lower right is classic, its like he can't decide whether to keep shooting or go help someone! :)

All in all it was a good night, for all petrolheads who appreciate the smell of burnt rubber and high octain fuel... unfortunately majority of the spectators where disciplined idiots. I came in late so was stuck with the masses till the roads opened up. Most of the guys had no clue on what was racing, they kept on hooting at the guys coming in last, not very nice.

True to that, We went there at 5.00PM to get seats at very front. Some guys who came past 7 tried to put a line of seats in front of us and we practically had to chase them off...

They were not willing to admin that they were doing something wrong...

True to that, We went there at 5.00PM to get seats at very front. Some guys who came past 7 tried to put a line of seats in front of us and we practically had to chase them off...

They were not willing to admin that they were doing something wrong...

i'm confused.. was it a bring-your-own-chair kinda thing ?

i'm confused.. was it a bring-your-own-chair kinda thing ?

Good One... :prankster2: actually they were bringing from another place...

VVIP Zone was almost like bring your chair from home though... Food was damn expensive, the one big screen they had didnt work and added to that was blocking the view, didnt server beer up till 9PM and even that wasn't chilled...

By this logic the 250 stang shouldnt even have air to breathe...

Can someone post the results of the SLGT event? Darin put in a very good show...

Think Pasindu came first, judging by the fact that he came and did a few do-nuts for the crowd in front of Galadari after completing the race. He did a lot better than that GT4 driver in the second Porsche, who made something of a mess of it. Well, I guess that car is supposed to grip, not slide.

Think Pasindu came first, judging by the fact that he came and did a few do-nuts for the crowd in front of Galadari after completing the race. He did a lot better than that GT4 driver in the second Porsche, who made something of a mess of it. Well, I guess that car is supposed to grip, not slide.

Ya, did see the donuts there... Darin was 3rd in the first few laps and then fell to 5th or 6th. But caught up again fast...

Think he came on 3rd... but not sure...

The best thing is in Nissan March 1000CC (or in whole races) event a LADY (SA Lakshika) took the 3rd place. :action-smiley-033:

http://www.lankadeep.../articles/17971

Edited by Nirosha

this is another incident, i saw how the car crashed in to the crowd and hit 2 people, hope those guys are ok

Can't believe how such an accident had happen with Dilantha's Lambo. Road conditions? or Maintenance Crew? I believe it wasn't in 100kmps+ speed at the bend.

Saw in news paper there were 5 injured. But not critical.