• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Colombo Road Race SLGT Class ......This could be a record in srilanka ....

sebastian

Bloody awesome! Is this Vettel, Loeb, or Ogier??? Hope it isn't Bourdais. Can't bare to see a grown man cry in front of the cameras again.

i too was planning to take junior. if not for that, it's no big worry about locations and what not...

from what i can gather...this peacock fellows are the organizers. the hotel chaps are just using their premises to make a buck and they are just sponsors to the event.

peacocks haven't informed the hotel chaps much....not galadari fellow at least cos when i called them last evening...they knew less about the event than what little i knew.

I think i'm gonna skip this one...far too many pea-cockups already...

I've been to SLARDAR events and the likes...far better organized with far less support and money involved from what i can guess.

If you want...you can have the two tickets i bought off anything.lk

Opted for the pick-up and pay option so it will get cancelled if i dont pick up within 24hrs.

Event is big but no official site at all with information whatsoever.

where the car parks are.

race schedule

where food stalls are.

where to enter from based on tickets.

Edited by Velocity

If you want...you can have the two tickets i bought off anything.lk

Opted for the pick-up and pay option so it will get cancelled if i dont pick up within 24hrs.

Thanks, will pm you by end of day today to confirm. Need to check with few other friends on the plans.

Also heard the races will possibly start around 10 or 11 and will go on till morning, so no chance of bringing kids to this event.

3000/- tickets are sold out, I couldn't get them even after having reserved them on the 9th. Went to Barefoot today and got the 4000/- combo with the "prime" race seating location, Janadipathi Mw apparently. Barefoot doesn't have individual race tickets anymore, they have the 2000 and 4000 tickets for the music festival and the 4000 race+music tickets.

P.S. If you want details, call 0715678326. The lady on the other end can tell you exactly what you need to know.

Edited by terrabytetango

Kind of a silly question but i couldn't contact the guys from the electric peacock festival, where exactly do we stay machan ? you know the guys who bought the combo for 3000 ? :unsure:

I Also didnt hear from those idiots. Just the mail saying that the tickets are reserved for me. Then i replied a number of times to that message asking where can i collect but no response for that.

By yesterday i was desperate for them and was planning to go for 3 5k tickets in intercon. Luckily one of my friends got the tickets from the anything website.

I thought you git the tickets mate...

Thanks, will pm you by end of day today to confirm. Need to check with few other friends on the plans.

Also heard the races will possibly start around 10 or 11 and will go on till morning, so no chance of bringing kids to this event.

The later the better for me :) Gives me a chance to finish up the wedding :D

Ok, this is what I found out so will share for the benefit of other members , who seem to be as confused as I am wrt this.

Peakock Festival are not organizing the races, the races are done by Carlton Sports & Tharunayatha Hetak.

The race tickets are sold separately ( Race only ) and the prices are as follows :

Ticket prices to watch the races range from Rs50/- Rs100 /- Rs250/- Rs3,000/-. Corporate boxes are available with prices on request by emailing [email protected] 0r [email protected]

Now what anything.lk is selling for 1,800 and 1,500 is the Rs 3,000/= race only ticket.

The race is on the 17th but they will have qualifying on the 16th.

The Peakok festival is like a big musical show, which they will have on the 16 on Chithya road near the ligght house. Tickets for this is sold separately and priced at Rs 2000 ( std ) and Rs 4000 ( V*P ). My guess is there will be several V*P areas where all the posh Colombo elite will stay.

Howver Peacock festival is selling a combo ticket for Rs 4000/= ( this gives you standard access to the music festival & a good location to watch the races )

On the 17th these will be some musical events alongside the bi roads and car parks , along with food and drink stalls. It looks like these will be free access to anyone who has the race ticket..

• Like 1

The VVIP 3000rs Ticket stand is on the world trade centre road (adjoining dutch hospital) and thus has access to food and beverages.... tickets are sold out on anything.lk but Galadari and continental did have a few left for sale... from what i know the stands wont be covered (that could change) and the GT3/GT4 class may have a 'display' run and not actual race... When i get more info will pass it along to everyone....

• Like 1

These are the places to buy tickets

Hilton Colombo

Gladhari Colomob

Intercontinental Hotel

Galle Face Hotel

Taj Samudra Hotel

Cinnamon Grand Colombo

World Trade Center

Keells Super Outlets -Crescat

Liberty Plaza

Union Place

Rajagiriya

Capital Mall - Thalawathugoda

Kohuwala

Kiribathgoda

Wattala

KZone - Moratuwa

Also the races are scheduled to start at 8pm and run on until midnight....

Thanks Andy. Finally some info. tad too late for me cos i gave away the two vvip tickets i bought to "carbon b4"

Jehan

When i called up galadari last evening...they wanted me to be in before 6pm.