• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

bought two 1800 tickets off anything.lk

fingers crossed they have parking and a decent place to watch from

very disappointing to see those basic information not been put out by the organizers :(

I think it might be easier if you could maybe park somewhere in kolpity/bumbalapitiya and take a taxi to the race area. It'll be a lot more hassle free.

Now, if only we knew someone from kolpity......hhhmmmm

Ya,

Rs 3,000/- thicket for 1,500/- offer is sold out. Rs 3,000/- ticket for Rs 1,800/- is still on.

They either saw that the tickets were selling like hot cakes & changed their offer from 50% to 40% or they really ran out.

Not even 30minutes after them putting out the offer on facebook....they said it was sold out

• Like 1

I think it might be easier if you could maybe park somewhere in kolpity/bumbalapitiya and take a taxi to the race area. It'll be a lot more hassle free.

Now, if only we knew someone from kolpity......hhhmmmm

that's plan number 2 :)

i can park at my old office or at a friends place close to british council.

I will be with the junior so things always get a little complicated...

Checking everywhere to see where these vvip seats are placed on the track route. so far, not even the organizers site have any clear indication of this.

Hi Sylvi,

Is it possible to arrange parking space for AL members at your building on the race day?

If you want parking at Sylvi's and want to do it personally, go right ahead, but please don't associate it with "AL members". This isn't an AL thing.

If you want parking at Sylvi's and want to do it personally, go right ahead, but please don't associate it with "AL members". This isn't an AL thing.

Huh?! Me being using "AL members" qualify this whole thing as an official AL thing? I used it as a representative term to mean anyone actively participating in the forums and looking for parking. Or not! Also, if you're not getting NPP's drift on this thread, that's not my problem. Get an effing Ice Palam on your nether before you portray me as begging for a parking place for an official event or summat. Sheeesh.

Edited by JohnGalt
  • Like 1

Huh?! Me being using "AL members" qualify this whole thing as an official AL thing? I used it as a representative term to mean anyone actively participating in the forums and looking for parking. Or not! Also, if you're not getting NPP's drift on this thread, that's not my problem. Get an effing Ice Palam on your nether before you portray me as begging for a parking place for an official event or summat. Sheeesh.

keep me out of it please. I did not mention anything explicitly in that way. That was a reply to watchman. I myself would not be thinking the same as you :)

that's plan number 2 :)

i can park at my old office or at a friends place close to british council.

I will be with the junior so things always get a little complicated...

Checking everywhere to see where these vvip seats are placed on the track route. so far, not even the organizers site have any clear indication of this.

Hi Ripper,

Not sure whether you already know this. The tickets sold by this website is supposed to be in BOC Mw. I called them and checked with them before placing the order.

Cheers,

K9M

Edited by k9master

purchased the tickets through anything.lk and tickets they selling for the place in front of WTC ..could be the starting and finishing line

Start finish line will be in front of Galadari.. so the final corner will be the roundabout in front of galadari margarita blues

Edited by virensti
  • Like 1

The Galadari/BOC area might be better than the Cargills area. TBH the safety measures in place so far don't seem that great (did a drive that way), with just a few sandbags and a flimsy steel barrier between you and a flying car (especially in a crash like that posted earlier)

I didn't say that qualified as an official AL thing. I said don't associate it the AL members coz its not. I'm not portraying you as anything either, just a private individual.

Well, frankly when you say "AL members" you're making a request on behalf of the AL community which you (nor I) have the right to make. If you want to park in sylvi's drug-dealing club you can ask him YOURSELF (aka JohnGult or whoever your real name is). Or the next thing we know, come next monday there's be a new song being played by the trumpet uncle about another 'service to the automotive community'.

Hi Ripper,

Not sure whether you already know this. The tickets sold by this website is supposed to be in BOC Mw. I called them and checked with them before placing the order.

Cheers,

K9M

Kind of a silly question but i couldn't contact the guys from the electric peacock festival, where exactly do we stay machan ? you know the guys who bought the combo for 3000 ? :unsure:

Very very poorly organized event so far :(

It's a shame when our guys can't use their brains a wee bit and sort out the communication bits of these large scale events.

I bought tickets off anything.lk...those guys too are clueless about seating arrangements, parking and other facilities... they dont know jack

called up galadari last evening hoping they will have some better info. dead rope there too.

they sell tickets 2500 a piece with bbq and beer, excellent deal... unfortunately nobody knows when you can get out of the hotel if you need to cos the track is around the hotel.

They just said you gotta be in before 6 and that's it...

Retarded peacock fest if you ask me!!!

Does anyone know if the 1800/= ticket ( sold via anything) has a covered area ? Planning to bring the kids along but I don't want to take any chances if it rains.

Who exactly is organizing this event ? there are so many people/hotels involved its a typical case of too many cooks spoil the soup.....

Does anyone know if the 1800/= ticket ( sold via anything) has a covered area ? Planning to bring the kids along but I don't want to take any chances if it rains.

Who exactly is organizing this event ? there are so many people/hotels involved its a typical case of too many cooks spoil the soup.....

i too was planning to take junior. if not for that, it's no big worry about locations and what not...

from what i can gather...this peacock fellows are the organizers. the hotel chaps are just using their premises to make a buck and they are just sponsors to the event.

peacocks haven't informed the hotel chaps much....not galadari fellow at least cos when i called them last evening...they knew less about the event than what little i knew.

I think i'm gonna skip this one...far too many pea-cockups already...

I've been to SLARDAR events and the likes...far better organized with far less support and money involved from what i can guess.

If you want...you can have the two tickets i bought off anything.lk

Opted for the pick-up and pay option so it will get cancelled if i dont pick up within 24hrs.

A friend went all over the place looking for 250/- tickets (cargills stand) and eventually found at the continental. there were a few selling there who knew exactly where tickets were sold and how many. They were quite informative as I heard. so if you are looking for a place to know details, this is one of them.