• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Reliable informations said Colombo road races are to be take place on last week end of August this year.

Await for more details

good news! pardon my ignorance but did we have "colombo road races" before?????

Might have. But you'll need ask someone older. I can think of a certain historical motoring enthusiast ........

errrr...NOOOOOO!

if it's the troll...i'd rather not know :D

This is going to be a mass start road race and not a drag race. Event to be organized by MRA & CMSC together with Tharuyata hetak.

Race track would be starting near Cinnomon Garden Police station towards royal college swimming pool, turn left with the bloomfield grond and again turn towards hockey turf ( which will be a no overtaking zone ) upto independence drive then again towards cinnomon garden police station.

Might have. But you'll need ask someone older. I can think of a certain historical motoring enthusiast ........

Sir,

For last Sixty years we did not have any motor Racing in Colombo to my Knowledge we had Cycle races from Early 1950 around Viharamadevi park and Annul event of Lake house conducted Cycle race first was to down south later extended for three days starting and ending up in front of Lake house.

Reliability trials and Old crock rally was started from Colombo.

Reliability trials took two days go round all bad and good roads Estate superintendents was entrusted to to look after the party's who took part this was a Annual event I some time back requested information on this forum about same but without any response.

First Old crock Rally was sponsored by Tucker's Autodrome Union place if my memory is correct that bended up at Mt Lavinia hotel.

I don't think Colombo City traffic Police will allow to have a Automobile racing in Colombo.

Unless we build a racing tract within 5 miles out of Colombo so that all motor racing people can have very often motor racers that will be a good money earning venture.

Like good old days every Saturday we had Horse racing in race Course Colombo 00700 and that was a Fashion show with competitions for ladies. all that was ended with 1960.

Wijesinghe

This is going to be a mass start road race and not a drag race. Event to be organized by MRA & CMSC together with Tharuyata hetak.

Race track would be starting near Cinnomon Garden Police station towards royal college swimming pool, turn left with the bloomfield grond and again turn towards hockey turf ( which will be a no overtaking zone ) upto independence drive then again towards cinnomon garden police station.

Very funky. I like, couple of narrow area, like just past the Royal sports complex (good thing its no overtaking) but lots of room to overtake. That tree at the left turn near the swimming pool is a concern. But still, seems like even the supercars will have room to run. Any news on classes?

I do sincerely hope that considerable thought is put into media access. I'll even work on getting a few extra media outlets. Since we DO have time, should really look into developing that relationship between the racing clubs and media, and this is a great opportunity!

BTW GC, thanks for all the work you do letting us know of races. We'd miss a helluva lot of not for you!

I heard Thoppigala was called off?

Yes Thoppigala taken off and Cavalry Supercross at Kurunegala added to 2010 Racing calander tentatively 11th July 2010.

Also heard kukuleganga also not happening this year scheduled on last week of June

Decided Race Track for Colombo Road Races and Traffic Plan.

colombospeedfestival.jpg

Wow. Looks bloody brilliant! Any idea about tv coverage? , Entry lists? (All car classes)? and most importantly/shockingly, the cops are cool about this event??

Edited by virensti

Decided Race Track for Colombo Road Races and Traffic Plan.

Awesome, I see several spots with great potential for pics. And some good speeds too! I'm guessing the pits/marshalling area will be Indi Sq?

and most importantly/shockingly, the cops are cool about this event??

Two words. Thaarunyata Hetak.

Awesome, I see several spots with great potential for pics. And some good speeds too! I'm guessing the pits/marshalling area will be Indi Sq?

Two words. Thaarunyata Hetak.

right

& i thought the Tv station was an achievement!