• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Enviromental Polution

Sylvi

To all members of the forum,

These are my observations whilst driving on our roads or in a road side residence and buildings.

The sounding of Automobile Horns drive people crazy and at times I have seen people plugging their ears to escape this tremendous noises.

In my opinion for no reason some anti social drivers go on tooting their horns without any provocation. In short they drive on the road by the horns.

You could very well see this type of nuisance in the Colombo city during peek periods of Traffic this is more common among public or freight transport Vehicles.

When first driver cannot move to some reason all rear drivers will start blowing their horns which will damage ear drums of those in other Vehicles and in the near vicinity.

I have seen in other country's the horn is used only when another driver makes a mistake that is also only once.

Today, in our country this has become more of a fashion thereby causing inconvenience and discomfort to all and sundry.

It is time that authorities concern and all civic minded people to take suitable action to eradicate this menace.

Wijesinghe.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... never knew that we had such LOUD horns....

Nope... never seen such profound reactions to vehicle horns yet....

Sir,

for example Bus or a container prime mover behind you Their Air Horns and you are stop on a traffic light your front drivers Vehicle stalls the all behind Vehicles to you will toot horns.

Without knowing the cause.

I presume You may be one of the drivers who drives with help of the HORN.

Wijesinghe.

Hi Wijesinghe,

I partly agree with you but must confess I too am an offender - not by habit but merely adjusting to the environment of barbaric and moronic drivers ..... as they say " if you cant beat them - Join them" and YES I got a very LOUD horn thanks to my good buddy who donated it when migrating........ I certainly am not shy of using it ………………

1. I always stand keep horning if see a 3 wheeler with a driver on my left side - they got a nasty habit of suddenly waking up & putting the DAM thing to the middle of the road and then look to see if there is another car coming

2. Please don't compare our situation with other countries- U have proper driving lessons and U need to PROVE your driving skills to get a license, Not to mention driving ethic, proper roads, proper public transport etc........ - Hence u really don’t need a horn.

Hi Wijesinghe,

I partly agree with you but must confess I too am an offender - not by habit but merely adjusting to the environment of barbaric and moronic drivers ..... as they say " if you cant beat them - Join them" and YES I got a very LOUD horn thanks to my good buddy who donated it when migrating........ I certainly am not shy of using it ………………

1. I always stand keep horning if see a 3 wheeler with a driver on my left side - they got a nasty habit of suddenly waking up & putting the DAM thing to the middle of the road and then look to see if there is another car coming

2. Please don't compare our situation with other countries- U have proper driving lessons and U need to PROVE your driving skills to get a license, Not to mention driving ethic, proper roads, proper public transport etc........ - Hence u really don’t need a horn.

Sir,

1 Three wheeler driver's mistake you blow your horn OK it is correct.

2. I did compare with other country drivers of their ethical freedom how they use correctly.

Not about roads and public transport Etc.........

Horn is a Slandered fitting on a Vehicle to use when it is necessary.

Not to blow horns haphazardly like some unethical drivers who obtained Driving licenses after a Examination.

Some unethical drivers use abusive language to other Vehicle drivers in Srilanka. That is lack of good education.

Wijesinghe.

Quite ironic that Sylvi is against bowing horns, when he blows his own all the time on the forum! :D

And didnt know that you were the governing authority on who to blow the horn at! Good to see that you've given permission to mazdaspeed to honk at three-wheelers! I have a question.. In the case of me getting stuck behind a Chana lorry carrying a load of wood being brought from a coconut estate driven by a 85 year old windshied polisher hogging the middle lane, is it OK to toot my horn?

:P

:D :D :D

Quite ironic that Sylvi is against bowing horns, when he blows his own all the time on the forum! :D

And didnt know that you were the governing authority on who to blow the horn at! Good to see that you've given permission to mazdaspeed to honk at three-wheelers! I have a question.. In the case of me getting stuck behind a Chana lorry carrying a load of wood being brought from a coconut estate driven by a 85 year old windshied polisher hogging the middle lane, is it OK to toot my horn?

:P

lol dilesh i almost fell off from chair laughing. Well it's not wood but "handey pas" actually. Looking at the topic it seems like someone's bored and jobless these days.

No point talking about this as its the very nature of asian countries, unless we have better iq people as taxi drivers, bus drivers.

I always follow the same practice if I see a bike, 3-wheeler or bus close to me. To date (for the past 5+ years), not a single one of those vehicles has hit me. SL drivers respond very well to the horn. Like you said, most of the time they are sleeping, and awake at the sound of the horn. I liberally use the horn & will continue to do so, in order to protect my vehicle. There is no lane discipline in Sri Lanka, so we have no other option.

well said man, when i had the Subaru i used to scare the shit out tuk tuk buggers and bikers who drive and ride in middle of the road slow or come on wrong side and flashing us to move, but now i use the Horn a lot, last night when we were driving in CMB traffic to see weak a biker in front of us trying to do his stuns and he almost hit my front buffer, so i had to honk and then he realized there is another vehicle behind, there are thousands of stupid bikers and tuk tuk buggers in SL, we need horns that blow their heads off

Edited by GihanFX

This friend of mine told me, "Fixing a proper horn is important than upgrading/refurbishing your brakes in SL". Though it sounds like a dumb statement, it is somewhat true in this island. Coz pedestrians, 3wheel buggers, bus drivers and V*P a.holes expect other vehicles to give way and carry on with their journey while risking their lives and other's lives, so we the common driver always have to use their weapons to protect themselves from unwanted trouble

This friend of mine told me, "Fixing a proper horn is important than upgrading/refurbishing your brakes in SL". Though it sounds like a dumb statement, it is somewhat true in this island. Coz pedestrians, 3wheel buggers, bus drivers and V*P a.holes expect other vehicles to give way and carry on with their journey while risking their lives and other's lives, so we the common driver always have to use their weapons to protect themselves from unwanted trouble

'shanX'

You mean all three wheel drivers Are Buggers (3wheel buggers,)

Do not insult all 3wheel drivers as they do a Service to the country for transport industry.

Wijesinghe.

lol dilesh i almost fell off from chair laughing. Well it's not wood but "handey pas" actually. Looking at the topic it seems like someone's bored and jobless these days.

No point talking about this as its the very nature of asian countries, unless we have better iq people as taxi drivers, bus drivers.

Member Please understand I am not job less I have enough wealth to live till I die and for my next generation not looking for unwanted topics.

Wijesinghe.

'shanX'

Do not insult all 3wheel drivers as they do a Service to the country for transport industry.

Wijesinghe.

True that... lets instead insult Windshield Buggers... who do Bugger all anyway... at least the 3 wheel buggers do something worthwhile....

Member Please understand I am not job less I have enough wealth to live till I die and for my next generation not looking for unwanted topics.

Wijesinghe.

Bugger... aren't we blowing our own HORN and trumpet wayyy too early in the morning!!

Bugger... aren't we blowing our own HORN and trumpet wayyy too early in the morning!!

VVTi

You uneducated Bugger using slang on a forum that is enough to show from what type of school you have come.

I presume You are an a socius from slums.

Wayyy means what that is not English this one word shows your English Knowledge.

You may be having only driving competence License.

Go back to English classes to study Good English VVTi BUGGER.

Wijesinghe.

VVTi

You uneducated Bugger using slang on a forum that is enough to show from what type of school you have come.

Wayyy means what that is not English this one word shows your English Knowledge.

Wijesinghe.

you' have been calling a lot of people uneducated. Mabe if you stepped back you might realize that it just might not be possible that everyone except you is uneducated. Agree?

To know that you know what you know and to know that you dont know what you dont know, THAT is true knowledge. Sadly you Sylvi, lack it.

VVTi

Wijesinghe.

You are such a class act! A tribute to all the upper crust, in bred families of Sri Lanka!

you' have been calling a lot of people uneducated. Mabe if you stepped back you might realize that it just might not be possible that everyone except you is uneducated. Agree?

To know that you know what you know and to know that you dont know what you dont know, THAT is true knowledge. Sadly you Sylvi, lack it.

this bugger has been yapping his trap at how all other "list" members don't have a good knowledge of English.

Anybody who has been unfortunate enough to go through his posts here can very easily see who actually has a problem in writing English :)

And common sense :D

You are such a class act! A tribute to all the upper crust, in bred families of Sri Lanka!

gotta say our super smart, super duper ultra highly educated, coconut estate and chana lorry owning moon soil dealer is a special specimen!

With all that claimed education, his grammar sucks...

'shanX'

Wijesinghe.

Dude, you can't read and understand nor write a reply properly. I din't say all 3wheel drivers are buggers, so I din't insult all, even I have friends, classmates who are 3wheel drivers, who make a living out of their 3wheels. But whatever, it is sad to say that most of them are careless buggers. Coz almost 50% of them are taught to drive by another 3wheel driver and aren't taught about common road rules, which is a trend that goes on and on for generations. So their lack of education about laws and lack of discipline gets all of them a bad impression to the whole community