• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Our New Baby, Fiat Grande Punto

VVTi

vvti

Better not use Slang language Like(Damn... this is becoming one of those dreaded Fuel Consumption threads!).

Wijesinghe.

Thank you. But there is already a moderator here who will advise if the language is unsuitable. Help is NOT required. That will be all.

this is not new and afaik was there in citroen ds as well. It's nothing but activating the clutch electronically or using hydraulics when needed. Chinese car lifan too has this semi automatic box with auto clutch. Remember old c90 and chally bikes? They too had this but mechanical. Please do google a bit more for elaborated diagrams.

is it similar to tiptronic??

is it similar to tiptronic??

triptronic is having an auto box with the ability of selecting the gear literally. But when you slow down it'll down shift automatically to the appropriate gear. Where as this is like having a manual box with automated clutch.

VVTi,

what is the color of the new babe...........anyway these figure would be an eye opener for ppl who run after japenes stuff saying that they are cheap to run.anyway machang ...was the A/C on all the time and how many were there when this trip was made in the car...........

VVTi,

what is the color of the new babe...........anyway these figure would be an eye opener for ppl who run after japenes stuff saying that they are cheap to run.anyway machang ...was the A/C on all the time and how many were there when this trip was made in the car...........

Its RED. The pics are there on the first page.

AC was on, 2 people.... :)

Its RED. The pics are there on the first page.

AC was on, 2 people.... :)

VVTi its better if u just do a run within colombo and let us know the figure it does :) that will be more helpful to those who run daily within colombo

mchan., i just think she's really really sexy...congrats on the new buy mchan..great choice..even DD has one of them with nice set of alloys and tires..she looks stunning on the road..

Hey hey VVTI, welcome to the ICE Club.

Fiat is rocking nowadays .

My baby is being done under my watchful eye - everyday - and I am thrilled to see the progress.....only a few more months to go ...sigh.

Take a look

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7260/frontalignment.jpg

Still in 3 minds on color - ....

Hey hey VVTI, welcome to the ICE Club.

Fiat is rocking nowadays .

My baby is being done under my watchful eye - everyday - and I am thrilled to see the progress.....only a few more months to go ...sigh.

Take a look

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7260/frontalignment.jpg

Still in 3 minds on color - ....

where did you get the jack stands from and how much did they cost?

btw...car is looking good :D

on a side note.... guess who got a test drive on VVTI's GP....ME!!!!!!!!! :D:) :)

VVTI talked me out of doing a power slide though :P

where did you get the jack stands from and how much did they cost?

btw...car is looking good :D

on a side note.... guess who got a test drive on VVTI's GP....ME!!!!!!!!! :D:) :)

VVTI talked me out of doing a power slide though :P

That's becasue last time 'SOMEONE' did a power slide in our truck, HE wrecked an innocently parked 121!!! :action-smiley-060:

I got the fotos to prove it!!! ha ha ha ha!

So now that SOMEONE owes ME a power slide in that lovingly restored FIAT!!!

Ohhh!

power slide + truck + 121 = 666 (i dont feel soooo good) :action-smiley-088:

Congrats on ur purchase VVTi. mFoc (F = Ford, Fiat) When do we get to drag it or take it for a test drive at Mirigama?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

probably never... :)

The other half doubts all our driving skills.... contrary to our own beliefs!!!

congrats vvti...she's really pretty...i've been a fan of it sincemy neighbour got one...it really is like a breath of fresh air seein those lovely italian lines amid all these monotonous jap/korean designs.

Thanks Don! Yes... a bit tired of the Vitz, Ist, Platz... :)

Congrats on the car machang...a beauty indeed.

My personal prference woulda been a black tho......red being more the Alfa Romeo colour an all. But then that just me :D

Congrats on the car machang...a beauty indeed.

My personal prference woulda been a black tho......red being more the Alfa Romeo colour an all. But then that just me :D

it's his wifey's car machang... and my son absolutely loves it :)

Park Street I believe? Stones throw away from Lanka Hospitals.

not for long...i think browns group is getting the fiat dealership.

they have put up signs near ibbanwala junc for a new showroom...

news is that they will be bringing down sedans as well...the linea!

there's a chance that they might get alfa dealership too... afaik...euromotors too wanted to get the alfa dealership but somehow it quite didn't happen

not for long...i think browns group is getting the fiat dealership.

they have put up signs near ibbanwala junc for a new showroom...

news is that they will be bringing down sedans as well...the linea!

there's a chance that they might get alfa dealership too... afaik...euromotors too wanted to get the alfa dealership but somehow it quite didn't happen

Err.. question. This Linea isn't made in India, is it?