• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Of Nissan Fb 15 Super Saloon 2002

Jude Silva

I bought Nissan FB 15 Super Saloon 2002 car for 22 lks recenlty. Is it worth or Do I have overpaid for that? Car is in good condition.

Hate to say this, mate... but I think you got suckered in to paying too much!!! There was a time when a FB 15 would not sell for 15! 22 is far too much for mediocre car like that FB15.

There is a FB15 specific broker known to a friend of mine... it curls my toes to hear some of the stories told to me about how this guy buy all hacked FB15s, does complete installations of all items that makes a car a 'Super Saloon', New Shell, Chrome Handle,. etc etc that the FB15 buying public loves in Sri Lanka so much. Then adds about 500K to the price he bought and sells it to the gullible.

Recently he have towed a FB15 from some Godforsaken place after buying it for 14. Doled it up, Sale Painted it, changed some bulbs, fuses, interior, gassed up the AC, and sold it for 21... :) Hope its not you.

Edited by VVTi

But the problem was I was surching for this about 2 months and whatever I found around 18 - and 21 were not in good shape. And I didnt find anything below 18. I think I bought the car in wrong time.

Yep... the price hike was artificially induced by a group of smart brokers who snowballed it to the point where things were beyond ridiculous

But the sad part is there were and are people still blindly buying over- priced sub standard cars that are just lemons.

A work colleague has a FB15 that is still being hounded by a Broker offering him 16! He has told him that he is not selling it... he bought it 4 years ago un-rego for only 14! Thats how the game is played... they know the real value a particular car was bought for... they give the owner an incentive and grab it... add a few mod cons to fool the clueless and 'virgin' car buyer and rip him off and laugh all the way to the bank!

What will be the real price if it is really in very good condition. I heard N16 is having some problems.

No one know the real price anymore machang.... all car prices are messed up. But I would not buy a FB15 for 22....!

Hate to say this, mate... but I think you got suckered in to paying too much!!! There was a time when a FB 15 would not sell for 15! 22 is far too much for mediocre car like that FB15.

There is a FB15 specific broker known to a friend of mine... it curls my toes to hear some of the stories told to me about how this guy buy all hacked FB15s, does complete installations of all items that makes a car a 'Super Saloon', New Shell, Chrome Handle,. etc etc that the FB15 buying public loves in Sri Lanka so much. Then adds about 500K to the price he bought and sells it to the gullible.

Recently he have towed a FB15 from some Godforsaken place after buying it for 14. Doled it up, Sale Painted it, changed some bulbs, fuses, interior, gassed up the AC, and sold it for 21... :) Hope its not you.

Machang, he says new shell with amber rear lights with K plates and for me, 2.2 mill is well worth. Guess what, these so called "new shell" cars being quoted as high as 2.8 mil when I checked last week. Yes, there was a time FB15s were selling at mere 1.5mil mark and B15 (1.3ltr) was selling at 1.4mills, not anymore, absurd prices hit and now it's anyway higher than 1.6mil mark.

Having said that even before price hike, new shell has been selling at around 2.0 mill or slightly lesser than that. All in all if Jude had found a good example of a new shell FB15 with K plates, in this market he doesn't have any reason to regret.

Machang, he says new shell with amber rear lights with K plates and for me, 2.2 mill is well worth. Guess what, these so called "new shell" cars being quoted as high as 2.8 mil when I checked last week. Yes, there was a time FB15s were selling at mere 1.5mil mark and B15 (1.3ltr) was selling at 1.4mills, not anymore, absurd prices hit and now it's anyway higher than 1.6mil mark.

Having said that even before price hike, new shell has been selling at around 2.0 mill or slightly lesser than that. All in all if Jude had found a good example of a new shell FB15 with K plates, in this market he doesn't have any reason to regret.

i agree with you mate.. nowwa days u cant buy a new shell FB15 for less than 2.2mil, so that price is reasonable. i saw few G series 99model cars are going around 1.7mil

I bought Nissan FB 15 Super Saloon 2002 car for 22 lks recenlty. Is it worth or Do I have overpaid for that? Car is in good condition.

If i had 22 lacks I would spend 16-17 lks and buy BMW 316i or 318i ( any in that range) and put balance 6 lacks in a fix deposit. So i'll be able to fund the extra bucks for BMW services compare to FB15

If i had 22 lacks I would spend 16-17 lks and buy BMW 316i or 318i ( any in that range) and put balance 6 lacks in a fix deposit. So i'll be able to fund the extra bucks for BMW services compare to FB15

You would be able to source a good 406 Executive package for that price (fully loaded with electric heated leather seats with memory/profiling, dual mode sun roof, head light washers, auto wipers, auto rear view mirrors, trip computer and cruise control, built in car stereo with boot mounted CD changer with all around JBL speakers, alloys) and lots of bells and whistles. :rolleyes:

You would be able to source a good 406 Executive package for that price (fully loaded with electric heated leather seats with memory/profiling, dual mode sun roof, head light washers, auto wipers, auto rear view mirrors, trip computer and cruise control, built in car stereo with boot mounted CD changer with all around JBL speakers, alloys) and lots of bells and whistles. :rolleyes:

Thats a lot of car for that price!!!

Absolutely!! and it will not be that expensive to maintain.

Absolutely!! and it will not be that expensive to maintain.

emm it's funny .. i wanted to start a thread to discuss what to choose between 406 and BMW 316/318 series. Not given up the BMW idea still.

Its a realistic price provided the car is in good condition. They usually quote 21-25 range for good cars.

VVti,,

Then why on earth are people skeptical to go for a an European car.....i dont understand. Is the maintenance easy as you say.I mean all the options for the 406 you stated are wonderful for about 2.2 million. I even saw a new beetle going for 2.0 million. Looks like srilankans want japanese all the time and this myth has created an artficial price

VVti,,

Then why on earth are people skeptical to go for a an European car.....i dont understand. Is the maintenance easy as you say.I mean all the options for the 406 you stated are wonderful for about 2.2 million. I even saw a new beetle going for 2.0 million. Looks like srilankans want japanese all the time and this myth has created an artficial price

sri lankans are generally risk averse, same applies to car market. I second vvti's comment on maintenance. Only disadvantage is we don't have junk spares. Still i'm ok with it coz i replace with new spares means they'll last a lifetime. Ehem, well literally. ;)

Edited by harshansenadhir

Its not that. you cant say its sri lankan mentality that our people always prefer Japanese cars. Even in Dubai majority of the people go for japanese cars. Only locals and europens always buy American and European cars because they want to show some difference. But there is no much second hand value for these heavy cars. Comparing to Eropean spare parts Japanese original spares are much cheaper.

Its not that. you cant say its sri lankan mentality that our people always prefer Japanese cars. Even in Dubai majority of the people go for japanese cars. Only locals and europens always buy American and European cars because they want to show some difference. But there is no much second hand value for these heavy cars. Comparing to Eropean spare parts Japanese original spares are much cheaper.

this sort of mentality is exactly why anything that isnt a 1.5 liter or lower japanese box has bad resale value in this country. Simply a matter of perception by a bunch of uninformed sheeple, promoted by those who make their money selling the aforementioned boxes. Oh well, at least it means that those of us who appreciate fine machinery dont have to pay insane prices.... And that's just fine by me!

Edited by Supra_Natural

sri lankans are generally risk averse, same applies to car market. I second vvti's comment on maintenance. Only disadvantage is we don't have junk spares. Still i'm ok with it coz i replace with new spares means they'll last a lifetime. Ehem, well literally. ;)

Absolutely. Replacing a part from the agent may be costlier than the same matching part for a Japanese car... but you get a warranty along with it and the assurance that the part will last way longer than a cheap used part. That you cant beat. Besides, Euro cars break less often unless you had cheap non-OEM parts installed in the first place.

Absolutely. Replacing a part from the agent may be costlier than the same matching part for a Japanese car... but you get a warranty along with it and the assurance that the part will last way longer than a cheap used part. That you cant beat. Besides, Euro cars break less often unless you had cheap non-OEM parts installed in the first place.

what is the case in an accident, specially the body parts? We know Jap parts are available for most of the cases.

what is the case in an accident, specially the body parts? We know Jap parts are available for most of the cases.

There are a few places that bring down used parts for Euros. Not expensive at all. I bought a splash guard for Rs. 800.

and there's a myth euro parts are expensive, may be when it comes to body parts. But they compare the used spare price of jap and brand new part of euro. I replaced the starter motor of 406 paying 24k with six months warranty, yes a brand new valeo one. I'm sure a brand new starter motor of a 121 from toyota lanka would be more expensive than that.