• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dialog Tv Test Transmission Of Discovery Turbo

dakrazyman20

199/- ??? They must think all their customers are clueless as to the prices and choices elsewhere.

Damn, I would not hv been surprised at 100/- ... what a gall!

I will never subscribe to Turbo at that price and hope DTV will learn something if most people vote with their dissent!

well i subscribed yesterday and became part of their captive audience. The moment somebody else comes with a better product without arm twisting tactics...i will switch.

DTV can do almost anything at the moment since they don't seem to have a decent competitor.

I'm hoping some other company would step in and kick their butt :D

well i subscribed yesterday and became part of their captive audience. The moment somebody else comes with a better product without arm twisting tactics...i will switch.

DTV can do almost anything at the moment since they don't seem to have a decent competitor.

I have been using DTV since the days of CBN on which i had the full package, then without any prior warning DTV went and introduced a Premium Package on top of that, Having no other better choice I subscribed to the Premium Package few months back, and then these Clowns at DTV Go add these two channels on top of that. Having spoken to the customer service and even the head of DTV CS, I happen to know could not get a solution as this was aparently a policy decision.

I was also told it would be the same story if they add channels in the future.

We would have to pay for each individual seperately.

Seems like DTV is quite intent on extorting us like this since the is no other competitive provider.

I even checked out all other options when they did this thing with TURBO, however seems like none of the other providers are able to offer a better service, though their pricing is competitive.

I wouldn't expect much different from Airtel either, since from what we have seen they haven't really delivered on any of those fantastic promises they made, during the mobile launch.

Has anyone here tried using DISH TV, it seems like they are pretty good....

I have been using DTV since the days of CBN on which i had the full package, then without any prior warning DTV went and introduced a Premium Package on top of that, Having no other better choice I subscribed to the Premium Package few months back, and then these Clowns at DTV Go add these two channels on top of that. Having spoken to the customer service and even the head of DTV CS, I happen to know could not get a solution as this was aparently a policy decision.

I was also told it would be the same story if they add channels in the future.

We would have to pay for each individual seperately.

Seems like DTV is quite intent on extorting us like this since the is no other competitive provider.

I even checked out all other options when they did this thing with TURBO, however seems like none of the other providers are able to offer a better service, though their pricing is competitive.

I wouldn't expect much different from Airtel either, since from what we have seen they haven't really delivered on any of those fantastic promises they made, during the mobile launch.

Has anyone here tried using DISH TV, it seems like they are pretty good....

My my my !! someones back after ages!! :)

Is this the one which is popular in the North & North East + South India? :huh: One time payment & no rental? :unsure:

If so,is it really legal? :o

I have been using DTV since the days of CBN on which i had the full package, then without any prior warning DTV went and introduced a Premium Package on top of that, Having no other better choice I subscribed to the Premium Package

same here bro! bloody asswipes!

I think the issue they have is that DTV has been making losses back to back. Somebody screwed up from their end i suppose and now that burden is transferred to their customer base...

PeoTV too isn't giving a good enough run for these guys despite being a much larger company :(

You Wus....You caved in under pressure.....All muscle and talk only, no action :lol:

But youre right....untill someone else comes along, it'll have to be 190 + taxes I guess. <_<

I never got the full package to begin with cause our TV viewing time was and still is very limited.

But I did pay additional and get Star Movies for another 199 I think...can't remember, just a s a channel to switch to

when I wanted to watch a movie...even half way thru :rolleyes:

However I don't really have any regrets of not getting the full package cause, especially if its movies,

I prefer to watch it at my own time and pace as against on a 'schedule' and the other channels are ...well, just there

and not really needed. And in any case with no time to watch, whats the point eh?

sorry for going off tangent here, Speeddemon was your call to DTV anything like this

My conversation with Dialog GSM about the President’s New Year message

I’m sure you got the message from the President in the morning wishing us all a happy new year, and boasting a bit. Guess what I did. I called Dialog customer service, and this is how the conversation went.

Me: Hi, I’m calling about the text message I got from the President wishing me for the New Year?

Dialog: Yes sir. When did you get this message?

Me: Just now.

Dialog: Okay?

Me: Can I know if I can unsubscribe from the President sending me messages? Cos I don’t really like him.

Dialog: Just let me check sir. Would you mind being on line for a moment?

Me: Not al all.

[Puts me on hold]

Dialog: Thank you for being on hold sir. I’m sorry, but that was sent from the President, and you can’t unsubscribe sir,

Me: But see, the thing is, I haven’t subscribed to it, and I haven’t given him my number. So technically it’s spam no? And I don’t like getting messages from him, so I want to stop getting them in the future.

Dialog: I’m sorry sir, but that was sent from the President, and we don’t have a choice.

Me: So that means whenever His Excellency or his Government sends a message to you guys and ask you to send it to me? You would just send it?

Dialog: Yes sir.

Me: And you can’t stop that?

Dialog: No sir. It’s the President.

Me: Right. Thank you.

Dialog: Thank you for calling Dialog sir. Wish you a very happy new year, and have a nice day.

Me: Likewise.

So, the President just spammed me, and there is nothing I can do about it. I’ll quote something a friend said on her facebook status recently “There is someone up their watching us. Unfortunately, it’s the Government”

In this case it would be “There is someone out there who is talking to us. Unfortunately, it’s the President”

Great start to a new year, that was. Wish I could reply to him and tell him to sod.

Source : My conversation with Dialog GSM about the President’s New Year message

hey Devinda.....

hehe ya back aft ages alright.....

yes it is the Indian one....nt sure about the charges tho......seen a few places advertising that they have Dish TV units for sale....so i guess they are legal

checked it up online tho...n' their channel line up isn't that impressive tho....check it out... http://www.dishtv.in/ not sure if this is the line up they offer here also.....(in comparison to DTV and LBN)

also came across another company called SAT Lanka, now their channel line up is quite impressive....and they even offer HD channels....

@ xXx....nice one...yup sounds typical of Dialog's cust service.....

here's another Dialog cust service related joke 4 u all...

enjoy.....

hey Devinda.....

hehe ya back aft ages alright.....

yes it is the Indian one....nt sure about the charges tho......seen a few places advertising that they have Dish TV units for sale....so i guess they are legal

checked it up online tho...n' their channel line up isn't that impressive tho....check it out... http://www.dishtv.in/   not sure if this is the line up they offer here also.....(in comparison to DTV and LBN)

also came across another company called SAT Lanka, now their channel line up is quite impressive....and they even offer HD channels....

@ xXx....nice one...yup sounds typical of Dialog's cust service.....

here's another Dialog cust service related joke 4 u all...  

enjoy.....

Toooooootally off base as far as the channel is concerned , but cable TV related query which arose after a ridiculously annoying and frustrating last evening of not being able to watch any of the three rugby matches on -

would any of you know which service provider has "Super Sport" (i believe its a South African Channel) or any other channel which shows ALL of the international rugby matches? :huh:

The Australian Network just doesn't cut it! :(