• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dialog Tv Test Transmission Of Discovery Turbo

dakrazyman20

Hey y'all,

As you may or may not know, Dialog tv is running a test transmission of Discovery Turbo and Discovery Science.

A little message on me tv said they want us to write in saying which channel we want to them to add to their portfolio.

Well the obvious choice for petrol heads is DISCOVERY TURBO! All cars 24/7. I just wantched 4 hours worth of fifth gear and a documentaries about the car industry and was happy as a bee.

The e mail address they want us to write into is [email protected]

For those of you with Dialog tv its the very first channel on the menu list "Test Science/Turbo"

Ne ways just thought i'd let everyone know n hope they get Discovery Turbo

Adios

Hey y'all,

As you may or may not know, Dialog tv is running a test transmission of Discovery Turbo and Discovery Science.

A little message on me tv said they want us to write in saying which channel we want to them to add to their portfolio.

Well the obvious choice for petrol heads is DISCOVERY TURBO! All cars 24/7. I just wantched 4 hours worth of fifth gear and a documentaries about the car industry and was happy as a bee.

The e mail address they want us to write into is [email protected] XX

For those of you with Dialog tv its the very first channel on the menu list "Test Science/Turbo"

Ne ways just thought i'd let everyone know n hope they get Discovery Turbo

Adios

Correct Email address is [email protected]

MINIACE

Edited by miniace

looks like the response is overwhelming and the mail box is full..............by the way is this channel 2 or one.. I mean science and turbo.................for me even the Science channel was amazing and worlds apart from the normal discovery channel that DTV offers.Have you guys noticed that some programs state periods like 2007 looks like DTV gives us old channels in the normal package

Get everyone to keep sending the feedback.

DTv has only limited transponder space so we must ensure that Turbo gets added to the channel line up.

This is something which we all asked for at the launch of Dtv!

Its a fantastic channel and will appease our appetite for Petrolhead action :rolleyes:

Get everyone to keep sending the feedback.

DTv has only limited transponder space so we must ensure that Turbo gets added to the channel line up.

This is something which we all asked for at the launch of Dtv!

Its a fantastic channel and will appease our appetite for Petrolhead action :rolleyes:

Alrighty, I'm sure there will be lots to lend a voice for this. Want to have a poll or something? Facebook group that interested people can join so you can point to the number of people? AL page on the main site with feedback links so people can leave comments that can be perused by DTv bosses? Let us know, we'll do something.

Alrighty, I'm sure there will be lots to lend a voice for this. Want to have a poll or something? Facebook group that interested people can join so you can point to the number of people? AL page on the main site with feedback links so people can leave comments that can be perused by DTv bosses? Let us know, we'll do something.

Good idea Peri, but Dtv will not really be into thast.

suggest feedback and maybe calls to their already overloaded hotline.

077 679 679 . DTv

Or Dialog GSM 0777 678 678 .

cheers

Actually the facebook page idea isnt bad, if we can get some who knows one of the managers or something at dialog tv to take a look at the responses it may swing favor towards us. We should at least get like 100 or more so ppl who want the channel and get everyone who joins to write on the wall why they like the channel.

Its either that or holding DTV offices hostage at gun point until they buy the rights fer broadcast hehe. We shall block entrances and exits with our cars and plant a autolanka banner in front. :ninja::D

Actually the facebook page idea isnt bad, if we can get some who knows one of the managers or something at dialog tv to take a look at the responses it may swing favor towards us. We should at least get like 100 or more so ppl who want the channel and get everyone who joins to write on the wall why they like the channel.

Its either that or holding DTV offices hostage at gun point until they buy the rights fer broadcast hehe. We shall block entrances and exits with our cars and plant a autolanka banner in front. :ninja::D

heh heh...you do all of that and they will bring in a "super premium" package that has turbo over the existing top end package.

DTV did it once and i bet they can do it again! :)

but yeah...super channel to have!

only downside is that you will spend even more time in front of the tv

Actually, I may be able to help getting the message across to the people monitoring the feedback <_<

But we have to hurry since AFAIK Discovery Science seems the more popular choice as of now. :angry-smiley-024: So lets create a poll or something and pile up the comments. :jumping-smiley-013:

Actually, I may be able to help getting the message across to the people monitoring the feedback <_<

But we have to hurry since AFAIK Discovery Science seems the more popular choice as of now. :angry-smiley-024: So lets create a poll or something and pile up the comments. :jumping-smiley-013:

all about numbers i suppose and car enthusiasts can't be as high in numbers compared to those who want to see science stuff for their kids etc etc

it would be such a shame if turbo get booted out though :(

all about numbers i suppose and car enthusiasts can't be as high in numbers compared to those who want to see science stuff for their kids etc etc

it would be such a shame if turbo get booted out though :(

Don't worry machan. It is not about which channel wins, but about each channel gaining enough viewership to justify the costs and the business case. So as long as Discovery Turbo has sufficient following, it will be included. <_<

Don't worry machan. It is not about which channel wins, but about each channel gaining enough viewership to justify the costs and the business case. So as long as Discovery Turbo has sufficient following, it will be included. <_<

i agree its a great site -- i seems to be watching it non stop in the evenings :)

Just a warning -- i'm sure if there is an overwhelming response for either science or Turbo - Dtv will watch the reaction and charge us accordingly. The bigger the response - bigger the charge :(

I'm sceptical because when CBN was launched - i got the middle package almost immediately. Then later went for the 'Full' package. However it seems that getting the 'full' package - is not all inclusive :(

When new channels were launched - i thought i too will get those - free of charge. However it was a real shock for me to realize that i have to pay MORE to get it. I've decided not to do so- since they have misled me & others like me - to pay more.

Therefore I'm sure they will quote a big figure - guaging by our response.

hope I'm proved wrong :)

• 5 months later...

Since today morning my Discovery Turbo has gone off air. :violent-smiley-099: We need to pay Rs. 199.00 + Taxes monthly to reconnect. Having a Gold package (paying Rs.2250/- a month) is not even good for them to give this free. I think we have shown too much interest in D.Turbo for Dialog to step in to this move. DIALOG is getting too greedy now I guess. :angry-smiley-048:

heh heh...you do all of that and they will bring in a "super premium" package that has turbo over the existing top end package.

DTV did it once and i bet they can do it again!

:action-smiley-060:

Edited by ash

Don't worry machan. It is not about which channel wins, but about each channel gaining enough viewership to justify the costs and the business case. So as long as Discovery Turbo has sufficient following, it will be included.

i agree its a great site -- i seems to be watching it non stop in the evenings

Just a warning -- i'm sure if there is an overwhelming response for either science or Turbo - Dtv will watch the reaction and charge us accordingly. The bigger the response - bigger the charge

I'm sceptical because when CBN was launched - i got the middle package almost immediately. Then later went for the 'Full' package. However it seems that getting the 'full' package - is <u>not all inclusive</u>

When new channels were launched - i thought i too will get those - free of charge. However it was a real shock for me to realize that i have to pay MORE to get it. I've decided not to do so- since they have misled me & others like me - to pay more.

Therefore I'm sure they will quote a big figure - guaging by our response.

hope I'm proved wrong

Sadly you are proven correct :violent-smiley-099:

Edited by ash

Since today morning my Discovery Turbo has gone off air. :violent-smiley-099: We need to pay Rs. 199.00 + Taxes monthly to reconnect. Having a Gold package (paying Rs.2250/- a month) is not even good for them to give this free. I think we have shown too much interest in D.Turbo for Dialog to step in to this move. DIALOG is getting too greedy now I guess. :angry-smiley-048:

+1

Rs. 199.00 + Taxes for a single channel! Absurd pricing. I already pay almost 2000. Max they should have charged is 100.

Sadly you are proven correct :violent-smiley-099:

Yes - - i thought they'll do this because of prior experience with them -- where they acted in an identical fashion.

I too think that Dialog is been very unfair. When we -the customers- get the 'full package' at a certain stage - they should continue to give the 'full package' irrespective of any added channels - as we happen to be 'old' customers.

Or in the alternative they can show their 'loyalty' to old customers by charging a nominal fee of - say a max of 50/-.

I am not going to pay them a cent. Few of my friends collectively decided not to pay for Turbo and wait till Airtel launches in Jan next year to jump Ship. Let DTV go the way of Comet... :)

If enough people don't pay for TURBO, I am sure they will scratch their heads and wonder what went wrong.

I am not going to pay them a cent. Few of my friends collectively decided not to pay for Turbo and wait till Airtel launches in Jan next year to jump Ship. Let DTV go the way of Comet... :)

If enough people don't pay for TURBO, I am sure they will scratch their heads and wonder what went wrong.

I'm also with you. I wont pay as well to re-connect. Totally unfair and absurd.

yep...you have the so called premium package with all the channels minus turbo and science...it's a bad precedent cos when they add more good channels it might all be like this. pay per channel.

Not a good way to treat you customers if you ask me!

199/- ??? They must think all their customers are clueless as to the prices and choices elsewhere.

Damn, I would not hv been surprised at 100/- ... what a gall!

I will never subscribe to Turbo at that price and hope DTV will learn something if most people vote with their dissent!