• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Manual - Problem In Gearbox

sudesh_chandimal

Since the day i got the vehicle, i feel it.. it's little difficult to put the gears. Specially 5th and reverse gear. Also its speeding up well but less pickup. Is this same setup issues or.? what do i need to check..? :unsure:

Check the foll: Clutch Plate, Pressure plate, Cluth Washers...(Devinda and I experienced this first-hand at the Classic Car Rally last Sunday) and possibly the Links.

• 3 weeks later...
Since the day i got the vehicle, i feel it.. it's little difficult to put the gears. Specially 5th and reverse gear. Also its speeding up well but less pickup. Is this same setup issues or.? what do i need to check..? :unsure:

you should check the clutch oil levels first. if it is used to go down, check the oil seals. or oil patches on the floor of garage. i hope there should be some thing wrong with the clutch. so check it from a good place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Guys I'm having Nissan FB-15 (2003) and clutch plate n pressure plate giving some problems and need replacement. 

Your ideas about following issues are highly appreciated.

1. I'm thinking going for a genuine Nissan spares, But as per A*W, only the clutch plate would cost around Rs 18000. In the same time I can buy "made in Japan" spares (full set clutch +pressure + bearing) for under Rs.15000 from outside. So is it really worth going for a genuine Nissan parts ? 

2. Is Pitst0p good for such repair ? Or else any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Edited by Thilina007

I think those were Exedy (not STD :P ) and Daikin,
Exedy is an excellent replacement brand and the 2 companies are connected in some way as far as I know. Make sure you match the correct part number with the genuine item.

• Like 1