• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tinted Glasses

what would be a good place to get the front tint removed and how much wuld it cost? i am not the DIY kind.

Just peel it off. Don't worry, you can do it. All you need is opposable thumbs and basic hand eye coordination.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ridiculous rule hopefully won't last.... But if it does, I remember KP offering a film that wasn't tinted, but reflected the UV rays... As far as i recall it was only for the front windscreen, but i guess it can be put n all windows to help keep the heat down...

Still doesn't offer the visual 'cool factor' that driving a car with tints around offers though... Sigh...

Can anyone clarify on the tint level permitted for rear side windows / rear windscreen?

I gather the earlier rule was anything is fine for rear/side, only front windscreen/ front side windows must be clear - has this changed?

according to this article

http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=110592506

this is due to the 'high level of crime'

If this was in 2004, and we didn't hear anything from them for 6 years, then hopefully history will repeat its self... :rolleyes:

hey i was stoped by the cops for tinted glasses tday,,, and gv me a fine sheet so does ny 1 know exactly whether ey cm out and chek ur vehicle once u go to pick up the license,,,cz this fine sheet is from the city traffic and ers no parking around petta (mihindu mw) or eles once i go there i will be fined again for no parking :-p,,,,this law sux.................

does anyone know what the final say is ?

Jus removed the very light tint on me front shutters.

Contemplating if I should do away with the rear as well...

I also have something like a 80% tint on rear, + the lightest on fronts, still wonderin what to do :unsure:

what we need is a tinting mechanism where the % of tint can be changed electronically :rolleyes:

you drive with what ever tint level on, and between the time the cops raise their hand and the vehicle comes to a stop, you set the tint to 0% :P

joking apart, and sounding science fiction, I wonder if this kind of thing is available anywhere.

Someone claimed his sun glasses changes the tint level according to the level of light. I took it for a joke <_< . Hmmmmmm.

what we need is a tinting mechanism where the % of tint can be changed electronically :rolleyes:

you drive with what ever tint level on, and between the time the cops raise their hand and the vehicle comes to a stop, you set the tint to 0% :P

joking apart, and sounding science fiction, I wonder if this kind of thing is available anywhere.

Someone claimed his sun glasses changes the tint level according to the level of light. I took it for a joke <_< . Hmmmmmm.

I think the latest ferrrai superamerica had something like that for it's glass roof....

Electrochromatic something or other...

Can be easily done by changing the front two shutter to optical lens material.. (the type that changes shades for sun light)

Can be easily done by changing the front two shutter to optical lens material.. (the type that changes shades for sun light)

photochrome lenses? Bloody expensive a pair of glasses for a spec. So a side glass would be nearly impossible to afford and i don't know how they will keep the photochrome ability together with safety measures such as braking into small pieces in an accident.