• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tinted Glasses

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the 20% measured? how will they measure it? do they have some meter or something?

Yeah, I suppose they must be having some sort of equipment. Still, they are not very clear how they are going to implement this Defense Ministry directive. Most probably, the cops will implement it according to their whims & fancies.

Yeah, I suppose they must be having some sort of equipment. Still, they are not very clear how they are going to implement this Defense Ministry directive. Most probably, the cops will implement it according to their whims & fancies.

Oh well... I pulled off my tints just now... better to roast in the sun than to argue with these guys.

20% transparency tint I guess

Just took a call to Police traffic head quarters

20% cover on front windscreen

No tint on front side windows

70% tint on rear side windows

Rear windscreen-Liberal

Cars come with factory tint(glass it self)..........those buggers have no bloody idea(Eg Corolla 110 L grade)

Edited by wishvak

Just took a call to Police traffic head quarters

20% cover on front windscreen

No tint on front side windows

70% tint on rear side windows

Rear windscreen-Liberal

Cars come with factory tint(glass it self)..........those buggers have no bloody idea(Eg Corolla 110 L grade)

It seems the cops are also confused. The newspaper article (Island or Daily Mirror, I can't remember) said, no tint whatsoever on the front shutters, and 20% tint on the rear shutters!

It seems the cops are also confused. The newspaper article (Island or Daily Mirror, I can't remember) said, no tint whatsoever on the front shutters, and 20% tint on the rear shutters!

Still I didn't remove the tints in my car, I don't want to loose it :rolleyes:

And waiting for the cops to bust me, since they r not going to put a fine. :angry-smiley-048:

I thing this law will become inactive with time, and waiting to see what happens.

Still I didn't remove the tints in my car, I don't want to loose it :rolleyes:

And waiting for the cops to bust me, since they r not going to put a fine. :angry-smiley-048:

I thing this law will become inactive with time, and waiting to see what happens.

Today on Thummulla, I saw the cops giving a hard time to a UN badged car with Tints.... guess now they are under direct orders from th Def Sec... doubt ff they will take crap from teh average motorist. I took off mine, as I cant be bothered arguing with them. At least that way they have one less less reason to stop me.

Today on Thummulla, I saw the cops giving a hard time to a UN badged car with Tints.... guess now they are under direct orders from th Def Sec... doubt ff they will take crap from teh average motorist. I took off mine, as I cant be bothered arguing with them. At least that way they have one less less reason to stop me.

You stripped even before the music started.... :lol:

driving a beemer with black tints might make you another wanna be VIPs and cops might not take a chance ;)

driving a beemer with black tints might make you another wanna be VIPs and cops might not take a chance ;)

Actually they were the lightest Tints the guy opposite Empire had at the time.He said he has 3 types, this was the lightest. It hardly shows, but I did not take a chance machang.

Edited by VVTi

Actually they were the lightest Tints the guy opposite Empire had at the time.He said he has 3 types, this was the lightest. It hardly shows, but I did not take a chance machang.

Agree with you on that taking a chance with them. Also if the tint guy is smart enough not to leave a single millimeter of a strip without the tint on (when the shutter put down half way of course) hardly they notice there's a tint on. Still waiting to see what's the plight (if at all) of factory tint glasses.

Agree with you on that taking a chance with them. Also if the tint guy is smart enough not to leave a single millimeter of a strip without the tint on (when the shutter put down half way of course) hardly they notice there's a tint on. Still waiting to see what's the plight (if at all) of factory tint glasses.

Am un-informed cop is worse than a strict cop! Factory or not.

Gimme the Beemer.. u drive the FIAT...!!

Tell me sombody from this forum, what are the exact purposes of banning Tinted Glasses in Terms of !!!!! ?.

I think it is a stupid decision by authorities of this country who do not provide real , timely solutions.

Today while i was trvelling with a friend from Pettah towards union place we were stopped by two traffic cops near Nawaloka hospital.They took my friends license and said we are not allowed to put any kind of a tint in the front windows.It doesnt carry a fine or anything they simply took the license and gave a temporary paper and asked to remove the tint and show it to a officer in the city traffic and to get the license back.

However if you didnt do that before a deadline mentioned in the temporary license said they will be taking it to courts.We will be going there on Monday to get his license.I will update you guys on Monday about how it works.

What if we fix a custom made blind to the shape of the front glass...? can the cops still charge us..? I'm gonna talk to the guys who did the blinds for my house.. n see if they can make a set for me.

Post some ideas guys...!!! let's get these SoB's..!! :angry-smiley-048:

what would be a good place to get the front tint removed and how much wuld it cost? i am not the DIY kind.

Bring it over, I will do it and charge you Rs. 1000!!!

he he he he.

Dude, its easy as peeling off a sticker. Just pull at the edges with your finger nail and start the peeling slowly and gently... keep a sponge with soapy water to wipe off the dried glue smears (sometimes).

Can anyone clarify on the tint level permitted for rear side windows / rear windscreen?

I gather the earlier rule was anything is fine for rear/side, only front windscreen/ front side windows must be clear - has this changed?

according to this article

http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=110592506

this is due to the 'high level of crime'

Edited by Saturn