• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Can I Identify Real Toyota 121 G-grade?

Sanath Kumara

Hi,

I am looking for a Toyota Corolla NZE121 G-grade between 2004-2006. There is a huge market for this car here in Sri Lanka. Recently I went to see a 121 that match my budget and the color I was locking for. But I suspect that is not a G-grade.

Because there was ‘XLI’ mark slightly can see under ‘G’ badge. So I think the seller has been removed the XLI badge and replaced with a G badge. There was a teak interior front disk brake witch has in G-grade. This 121 marker becoming a mafia now. :violent-smiley-030:

So my question is how can I make sure that is G-grade one?

P.S.

I tried to get a features report of the car using it’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) from the internet, but there is problem of 121’s VIN. There only available 13 characters (but the standard size of VIN is 16 or 17 characters).

Edited by Sanath Kumara

When I was searching through the autolanka forum, I found the flowing interesting thread witch made by one of the members.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...pic=7350&hl

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...pic=6248&hl

According to that, there can’t be brand-new Toyota 121 Luxel, G-grade or X-grade cars in Sri Lanka. Those models (G-grade, X-grade, and Luxel) are Japan domestic models (made only for Japan), so any of them in here should be imported from Japan as recondition. So we can identify any of those domestic models by inspecting the documents of the vehicle (“country of import” field of the certificate of registration of motor vehicle). So the country of import should be Japan for those models. Because non domestic models like XLI, LX, GLI and XL can only imported as brand-new to Sri Lanka. So if some one changed the badge of any the non domestic models with domestic models we can identify that.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I should warn you guys about one seller who sell only Toyota 121 and do this dirty trick to make XLI to G-grade. He regularly advertising in “Hit-Add” and “Lahipita”, he is in Kadana area (much more accurately Pathima Road). So beware from those kind thieves.

Please comment about this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Sanath Kumara

Sanath,

What you can do is just get the Frame codes from the G Grade and match it (With The Frame code in the Car VIN plate, which under the Bonnet) with the cars your looking.

This site will tell you what are the real G Grade Frame Codes..

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/2002_9/

and check the picture, I just highlighted the Frame codes for G Grade Corollas for you.. XLI should carry different Frame code.. and the good thing is, from this method you can determine that whether car has been changed from Auto to Manual or or other way around.

screendx.jpg

Edited by Ruslan

Hi Ruslan,

Thank you very much for the quick respond.

Here what I found of G-Limited on the tag. Could you please explain with the chart you given here?

Model: TA-NZE121

Engine: 1NZ-FE

Frame No: NZE121-0143219

Sanath,

What you can do is just get the Frame codes from the G Grade and match it (With The Frame code in the Car VIN plate, which under the Bonnet) with the cars your looking.

This site will tell you what are the real G Grade Frame Codes..

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/2002_9/

and check the picture, I just highlighted the Frame codes for G Grade Corollas for you.. XLI should carry different Frame code.. and the good thing is, from this method you can determine that whether car has been changed from Auto to Manual or or other way around.

screendx.jpg

Hi Ruslan,

Thank you very much for the quick respond.

Here what I found of G-Limited on the tag. Could you please explain with the chart you given here?

Model: TA-NZE121

Engine: 1NZ-FE

Frame No: NZE121-0143219

There shld be some characters after the Model code like 'AEPEK' or 'AEMEK' or else if you can post a snap shot of the VIN plate. Check below Picture.. it shld be something similar to that...

vinf.jpg

Edited by Ruslan

Thank you Ruslan, now I got it :yahoo:

Please tell me is this method can be used for the 2003-2006 Toyota 121?

and also how identify G-Limited and X-Limited?

There shld be some characters after the Model code like 'AEPEK' or 'AEMEK' or else if you can post a snap shot of the VIN plate. Check below Picture.. it shld be something similar to that...

vinf.jpg

Thank you Ruslan, now I got it :yahoo:

Please tell me is this method can be used for the 2003-2006 Toyota 121?

and also how identify G-Limited and X-Limited?

yep you can use this method for any manufactured year vehicle as long as you know the 'Real Frame code' of that particular model. nobody can tamper this because this included in the Vehicle registration as well.

Just check the Frame / Model codes for X or G Grade. it should be different. check the web site that i mention before.

Edited by Ruslan

Thank you sir :appl:

yep you can use this method for any manufactured year vehicle as long as you know the 'Real Frame code' of that particular model. nobody can tamper this because this included in the Vehicle registration as well.

Just check the Frame / Model codes for X or G Grade. it should be different. check the web site that i mention before.

• 4 years later...

The X in Sri Lanka for the most part was a JDM designation (of which the catalog would not be in english) and the XLi was an export model designation so u won't find it on the same catalog. Go do a search on the catalog thread. You might find some there or the linkto Toyota Japan's catslog collection.

I said '....for the most part...JDM' bcoz there could be other markets they used the same grade categories but that would be different to what you get over here.