• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Nano In Sl

esdeez

Was going down duplication road today, and to my suprise I noticed a nano on display at the D*MO showroom...

So I guess the car that has had so much fuss made about it - not just in india but in many european countries too- has finally landed in Sri Lanka...

Wonder what it's price is here.... (Obviously absurd in comparison to anywhere else)

• 8 months later...

No, i'm not reserecting this thread to ask about the fuel consumption of the Nano or the price. But I realized that there were quite a number of threads asking for opinions about basic BN vehicles.

And since most buyers are considering Chinese and Korean products, why not look at the Nano as well. Considering the small engine and the low CIF price, it should give all those Maruti 800s a run for its money. And from the experience I've had at D*MO (service staff) they seem a a lot better than A*W in customer care.

If D*MO looks into it and play their cards right, they can surely dig into that vast maruti (Brand new <1.0million) market...

No, i'm not reserecting this thread to ask about the fuel consumption of the Nano or the price. But I realized that there were quite a number of threads asking for opinions about basic BN vehicles.

And since most buyers are considering Chinese and Korean products, why not look at the Nano as well. Considering the small engine and the low CIF price, it should give all those Maruti 800s a run for its money. And from the experience I've had at D*MO (service staff) they seem a a lot better than A*W in customer care.

If D*MO looks into it and play their cards right, they can surely dig into that vast maruti (Brand new <1.0million) market...

Good suggestion.The Nano got generally positive reviews from all the europeon car mags,whereas the Marutis would have been ripped apart to shreds if the ever bothered to review one.

And speaking of the Nano.Check this out! http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/27/why-yes-that-is-a-tata-nano-covered-in-pure-gold/

Tata Nano Sales Rebound From Record Low as Warranty, Financing Win Buyers:

Tata Motors Ltd.’s sales of the Nano, the world’s cheapest car, rebounded in December from a record low after the automaker more than doubled warranty lengths and offered easier financing terms.

Sales rose to 5,784 from 509 in November, according to a statement from the Mumbai-based automaker today. The December tally, a 60 percent increase from a year earlier, was below the 9,000 monthly sales record achieved in July.

Tata has begun television advertisements, added more sales points in smaller towns and introduced a 99 rupee ($2)-a- month maintenance option to help revive sales of the Nano, which costs as little as 137,555 rupees in New Delhi. Sales had fallen on a month-on-month basis since July because of price increases and safety concerns following at least three fires.

“Tata Motors is now focusing on the Nano because its reputation is riding on it,” said Umesh Karne, a Mumbai-based analyst with BRICS Securities Ltd., who has a ‘buy’ rating on the stock. “Measures such as easy financing and the maintenance offer have reassured customers.”

The automaker in December lengthened warranties to four years or 60,000 kilometers (37,282 miles) and added the maintenance plan.

I think you are right. I've forgotten all about the tata cars. Bad marketing I presume?

Probably was...according to news articles they've now ramped up their advertising in India. We'll probably see some of the same spill over into SL...oh talking of Indian car ads have you guys seen the Indian ad for the 206?

Probably was...according to news articles they've now ramped up their advertising in India. We'll probably see some of the same spill over into SL...oh talking of Indian car ads have you guys seen the Indian ad for the 206?

it's not an indian ad machang...it was done by an agency in italy...Euro RSCG Milano office to be exact! :D

the indian thing was taken for the humor aspect of it :D

maybe even a better option for people with low budgets who buy tuk tuks

Can be used for something like a budget taxi as well. :D

What ever happened to the new Micro model that was designed in SL.

They should develope that model and try and replace the 3 whelers or give some competition for the Nano.

They should develope that model and try and replace the 3 whelers or give some competition for the Nano.

The micro web site says they are currently out of production :huh:

Amen for that!

In the microcars website there is a link which directs you to the model designed in SL and theres a pic of it as well.

Micro should have tried to develope the locally designed model and after that gone into manufacturing busses and other models.

Thats true but micro cars arnt exactly cheap now is it ? they cant mass produce cars so they have to sell for a little higher price, that was okay when the tax for imports were really high.but now since the tax has come down prices of jap cars have gone down. statistically speaking if taxes are reduces further they will probably go bankrupt in no time ( i hope it doesn't happen)