• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Skype Compatible Phones

megatron

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what the cheapest skype compatible mobile phone in the market is? Also do SL telecom providers (Lankabell, Suntel etc) provide VoIP connectivity to private users?

Cheers

Any Mobile phone with Symbian S60V3 S60V5 OS (Nokias and Samsungs), Windows Mobile OS powered Phones and iPhone and Blackberry phones should works with Skype app. I'm not sure whether SLT provides any VOIP facilities in here. but there are many other 3rd party providers. i cant provide you any links in here since it's against the forum rules.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what the cheapest skype compatible mobile phone in the market is? Also do SL telecom providers (Lankabell, Suntel etc) provide VoIP connectivity to private users?

Cheers

Sir,

My cousin who was here for a short holiday in Dec January from USA had a Nokia phone. Nokia 95or 97, 5800 That was good for Skype. This Phone had front and back cameras, so you may see to whom you talking to and they may see you at the same time. He used that phone to call his family it worked OK. He used that with a Mobitel sim going to internet from the phone.

Wijesinghe.

Any Mobile phone with Symbian S60V3 S60V5 OS (Nokias and Samsungs), Windows Mobile OS powered Phones and iPhone and Blackberry phones should works with Skype app. I'm not sure whether SLT provides any VOIP facilities in here. but there are many other 3rd party providers. i cant provide you any links in here since it's against the forum rules.. :rolleyes:

Sir,

Symbian Software can be down loaded to Nokya Phone then I think you will have to have cash account with skype you can talk with other party by logging in I use Skype on my Comp not on the Mobile phone if i use on any land line or mobile I have a Cash account with Skype. but now other providers give very much low charge for overseas calls. but you may not be able to see other side person with whom you are talking.

Wijesinghe.

my wife uses nokia 6120 classic phone (fairly cheap phone) and hsdp SIM (mobitel internet, again quite cheap) to call me online when i am not in the country. we do not pay a penny to skype. only cost is mobitel internet which is extremely cheap. if you solely use it for skype call then you can get away with the cheapest package which is 500Rs for whole month i guess.

try firing.com for the free software to install skype in mobile. my bro installed the software for us, so i don't know specifics.

Edited by isurujosh

my wife uses nokia 6120 classic phone (fairly cheap phone) and hsdp SIM (mobitel internet, again quite cheap) to call me online when i am not in the country. we do not pay a penny to skype. only cost is mobitel internet which is extremely cheap. if you solely use it for skype call then you can get away with the cheapest package which is 500Rs for whole month i guess.

try firing.com for the free software to install skype in mobile. my bro installed the software for us, so i don't know specifics.

Sir ,

you are correct if you use only Skype u do not pay any thing Mobitel internet HSDP lovest package is the best. LG Phones all so you can install same but must have to have 3 G facility. I use N60 Gxanome but I do not have 3G on same.

This N60 phone has tracking if I miss please my phone and some one Else try to use same with another Sim two Pre Programed numbers will get a messages that my phone is used by a new user with his number and report the matter to get the phone back.

I lost two phones then I went through the web got the information I went in for N60 got two of my friends numbers programed for lost phone tracking.

One of my Assistants have LG 3 G phone he use to download Diolog Internet with same phone then with USB Cable connected to computer and talk with me on Skype from his computer to my computer from Down South Hambanthota.

There are lot of free soft where on the web for Skype talk for mobile phones.

Best wishes for new year and many more happy years to come.

Wijesinghe.

Sir ,

you are correct if you use only Skype u do not pay any thing Mobitel internet HSDP lovest package is the best. LG Phones all so you can install same but must have to have 3 G facility. I use N60 Gxanome but I do not have 3G on same.

This N60 phone has tracking if I miss please my phone and some one Else try to use same with another Sim two Pre Programed numbers will get a messages that my phone is used by a new user with his number and report the matter to get the phone back.

I lost two phones then I went through the web got the information I went in for N60 got two of my friends numbers programed for lost phone tracking.

One of my Assistants have LG 3 G phone he use to download Diolog Internet with same phone then with USB Cable connected to computer and talk with me on Skype from his computer to my computer from Down South Hambanthota.

There are lot of free soft where on the web for Skype talk for mobile phones.

Best wishes for new year and many more happy years to come.

Wijesinghe.

Happy New year!!!

The software "M guard" too enables to track the phone.It uses the same procedure as u have mentioned,But the phone should have java to run the software

Hey all thanks alot fot the input.

6120 seems a decent phone I guess.

On the HSDPA sim.. is this the sim given with the wireless broadband connection? or do you connect through GPRS to access skype?

Edited by megatron

Hi Ruslan,

Could you please PM me the details for 3rd party VOIP service providers.

Thanks mate

You dont have to go through fring anymore. You have Skype mobile version for symbian series 60 V3 and V5 now. It's got much better voice quality and does not have that nagging delay you sometimes get with fring.

• 2 weeks later...
You dont have to go through fring anymore. You have Skype mobile version for symbian series 60 V3 and V5 now. It's got much better voice quality and does not have that nagging delay you sometimes get with fring.

Hi gentlemen and ladies (if there are any on the forum)

does anyone know if any of our mobile operators have horana covered for 3.5g? i tried asking them but no one was sure!!! $$###$$#$!!!! how ironic is that :S one operator asked me to borrow a friends phone and see if there is coverage! lol

• 1 month later...

ok got a VOIP phone down. i have no clue how to get connected! lol is there any service provider who can give me connectivity?