• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

Hi guys,

Normally how many miles do you score with a tier, if you can mention the brand then it would be much helpfule. Mine is a Chinese one put by previous owner and I had abt 20000km on them and now it's time to change.

Now i have driven 43000km with bridgestone (sport tourer), still few thousend kms can be driven. My vios came with these tyres (Thailand).

Hi guys,

Normally how many miles do you score with a tier, if you can mention the brand then it would be much helpfule. Mine is a Chinese one put by previous owner and I had abt 20000km on them and now it's time to change.

I have been using Dunlop Tyre set for nearly 37 000km +...

Maxxis dealers say that it can do more than 45 000km.....so going for that type Chinese Tyre u r using is not that much worth as i think....

I have been using Dunlop Tyre set for nearly 37 000km +...

Maxxis dealers say that it can do more than 45 000km.....so going for that type Chinese Tyre u r using is not that much worth as i think....

It seems chinese tyres are not cheap as far the the durability and the safety are concerned. But, we need more data to prove. There may be good chinese tyre brands as well. Its up to the members to share these information and come to a conclusion.....

What about "Manli" tyres ? Mine has 2 of them fitted to the rear and was wondering whether they are ok to keep or not. they were there when I bought the car :)

Slightly OT but .. for a daily driver that will be taken on long drives frequently (once a week say) and more often than not driven fast, would the experts recommend Bridgestone (Potenza) or Yokohama (Advan) ? Looking for reliability in local conditions + sportier response.

What are the prices of these now, anyone checked??

• 1 month later...

What are the prices of these now, anyone checked??

http://www.autodrome.lk/downloads/pricelists/Bridgestone%20Price%20List.pdf

The Bridgestone px list from Autodrome. Looks like 4 Potenzas are going to cost me a full bonus - and getting one in near future seems a bit shaky in the climate! :P

http://www.autodrome...rice%20List.pdf

The Bridgestone px list from Autodrome. Looks like 4 Potenzas are going to cost me a full bonus - and getting one in near future seems a bit shaky in the climate! :P

Calm down dude! If you are buying a set of 4 you can get everything much cheaper, usually 33% off. If you know the dealer it'll be even cheaper.

Just last week while buying a set of rims I was offered a set of potenza 205/50/16s by one dealer for 19k each. thats 12k off the autodrome list price. Anyway I'm on a budget so I'm going for maxxis MAZ1s. the neighborhood dealer is selling them to me 14850 a pop. When I told the 1st dealer I've already ordered another set for 15k each he even tried to match that price with the potenzas. He couldn't go that low. But im pretty certain I could have walked away with them at 17k a piece

Calm down dude! If you are buying a set of 4 you can get everything much cheaper, usually 33% off. If you know the dealer it'll be even cheaper.

Just last week while buying a set of rims I was offered a set of potenza 205/50/16s by one dealer for 19k each. thats 12k off the autodrome list price. Anyway I'm on a budget so I'm going for maxxis MAZ1s. the neighborhood dealer is selling them to me 14850 a pop. When I told the 1st dealer I've already ordered another set for 15k each he even tried to match that price with the potenzas. He couldn't go that low. But im pretty certain I could have walked away with them at 17k a piece

Thanks mate - I'm currently using a set of Maxxis MAZ put in by the previous owner. If you don't mind, PM me the name/location of the guy with Potenza's .. Cheers!

Yesterday, a GT radial dealer quoted me 13000/= for 185/70 R14. After discount, his price was 9600/=.

Currently I use Bridgestone Turanza Indonesian came from the previous owner.

I see autodrome quoting:

185/70 R14 B250 T/L - 13,944.00

185/70 R14 AR10 T/L - 15,960.00

Any other suggestions?

Edited by razordj

Guys,

once I bought Kumho solus 165/70/14 for vios (all 4 tyres). very bad feeling. feels rock hard on shocks. and even after using it for abt 10,000km, not even a single thread wornout. (good in that way) but on my friends vios (with good year - indonesian) felt like a super saloon.

Guys,

once I bought Kumho solus 165/70/14 for vios (all 4 tyres). very bad feeling. feels rock hard on shocks. and even after using it for abt 10,000km, not even a single thread wornout. (good in that way) but on my friends vios (with good year - indonesian) felt like a super saloon.

Check your tyre pressure just to be sure your tyres aren't over inflated.

If anyone is going to get bridgestones don't buy from autodrome directly. Their max discount % is less than that you can get from a dealer.

I got my turanzas from a shop just a few blocks down the road from the autodrome for a much less price than the autodrome's with the max discount applied.

When I went to the tire shop, they send 2 chaps to autodrome to get the tires with a cheque and they were back with the tires within 10 mins :)

Edited by Amila G

Guys,

I think you have got the wrong size as well. Check the sticker near the driver's side door. Need 175 tires for it.

folks I'm looking for a set of 205/50 R15 tyres. preferably Potenza RE001,002/Yokohama S drive.checked with autodrome they are asking 26819 for Potenza tyre any other places that I should check.

Edited by Crazy Life

Stay away from not so popular tire brands. cos we made a great mistake putting those cheap a*s tires to our van (CR27) and after 5000 Kms we had to replace all front ball joints. tire might lasts long but not the suspension parts. so stick with known good tire brands like Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop etc.. it might costs couple of thousands more but i think it's an worthwhile investment.

yes correct. i too agree 100%

Just for anyone who is looking for 175/70/14

In malay st (U & H)

Dunlop 10250

GT Radial 8690

SEAT 7150

Dunlop agents( SK Munasinghe) quoted 9450.

Try to use Dunlop or Goodyear i think value for money, also brand called Continental also good.

Edited by Nilantha