• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

34 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I'm just curious, does Demio need 82 weight rating tyres?

The factory spec is 81, so 82 is okay since it's on the high side. The tyre size is a bit of a rare one and this is the only one they had of this size. 

I had my father call the Dunlop agent and they've said that they can do Rs. 17,000 per tyre if we're buying 4. I'll probably get him to ask around a few other places as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2018 at 7:03 AM, Davy said:

Hi Guys,

I'm about to get a new set of tyres for the Demio my father drives. It's currently running a set of Dunlop 185/55 R 15 82H SPTRGT1 (Indonesia) purchased in late 2015 from the Dunlop agent (S K Munas!nghe) for Rs 13,800 a piece. The tyres have been pretty good and have worn out well, so I thought of going for the same set again. A quick browse on their website now shows the same tyre at 20,000 LKR.

So my question is, have prices really gone up by that much for the past couple of years? Sorry, I'm not really following these things as I'm out of the country. Bridgestone agent (Aut0dr0me) website also shows similar prices (23,690) for the same sized tyre (EP300 Thailand).  

Thanks!

Not sure about the Dunlop price but I know that Autodrome prices are before a discount. They run this promotion (h**p://autodrome.lk/savenow.php) for as long as I can remember which gives you 30% discount on the advertised prices. To claim that you have to follow them on FB or do some BS like that. I haven't purchased under this scheme but I can see the 185/55 EP300 listed for LKR15000 something on that page.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ramishkad said:

Not sure about the Dunlop price but I know that Autodrome prices are before a discount. They run this promotion (h**p://autodrome.lk/savenow.php) for as long as I can remember which gives you 30% discount on the advertised prices. To claim that you have to follow them on FB or do some BS like that. I haven't purchased under this scheme but I can see the 185/55 EP300 listed for LKR15000 something on that page.

Thanks a lot mate. Will look into it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys , I'm in a search for new rubbers. Bit confused in selecting a good set of tires..Btw i was offered 205 60 R16 Yokohama japan tires for Rs.16000 each at a store in wattala. But my stock tires are 205 55 R16 . Will there be difference in ride when fixing a bigger tire than stock size???

I'm concerned about handling and comfort if the Yokohama tires don't work out thought of going for the below tires at the stock size

Toyo japan 22k

Goodyear assurance 18900

Michelin thailand 21950

Bridgeston thailand 18300

And if my budget shrinks maxxis or Hancook 15300

12 hours ago, TheClutch said:

Guys , I'm in a search for new rubbers. Bit confused in selecting a good set of tires..Btw i was offered 205 60 R16 Yokohama japan tires for Rs.16000 each at a store in wattala. But my stock tires are 205 55 R16 . Will there be difference in ride when fixing a bigger tire than stock size???

I'm concerned about handling and comfort if the Yokohama tires don't work out thought of going for the below tires at the stock size

Toyo japan 22k

Goodyear assurance 18900

Michelin thailand 21950

Check the manufacture date of those Yokohamas. I'm pretty sure they are old stock otherwise they wouldn't go for almost the same price as the Maxxis.

By the way, Hankook tires are pretty good. Speaking from experience.

20 hours ago, TheClutch said:

Toyo japan 22k

Goodyear assurance 18900

Michelin thailand 21950

Been using a set of GoodYear Assurance since 2016. Pretty good tyres. Road noise is a little worse than when they were new. But overall, can recommend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feed back..

After a search of two weeks i have narrowed down my option to below tires..

Dunlop thailand for 19000

Bridgeston ep300 thailand for 18300

Got a deal for 215 55 R16 for the same price as 205 55 R16 for the same ep300 too.

but my concern is those tires are LRR rated ones ..So will there be a compromise in grip?? 

Im thinking of going for the slightly wider tires (215) assuming those will provide better grip than 205 , correct if I'm wrong.

Appreciate if any one can share their experience with ep300.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...