• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

Do you carry stuff in the trunk? As far as I know the LT rated tyres are made to carry load and can be bumpy if the vehicle is empty

No machan but these tyres don't feel any different to the original D840 H/T ones if not better. Only the LT version was available with the agent. I think they're more durable, puncture resistant and have more thread depth. I got them because they're the same brand, exact size, overall diameter, load and speed rating as original tyres. Also lot cheaper than OE tyres. :)

This just popped up on the news today ... source : mashable.com (2016-06-16)

A company from Dubai has set a new record for the world's most expensive tyres according to Guinness World Records. The wheels are encrusted with gold and diamonds, with a set of four being sold for an exorbitant $600,000

The tyres have been designed by Dubai's Z Tyre and produced by a Chinese tyre factory, but their staggering price tag comes from their glittering embellishments. The tyres are decorated with 24-carat gold leaf work, done by the same craftsmen who are working on a new presidential palace in Abu Dhabi. Finally, Joaillier Prive, an artisan jeweller in Italy, has added specially-chosen diamond stones to the tyres.

The profits from the sale will be donated to a charity that focuses on improving access to education across the world.

The previous record for the world's most expensive tyres was held by Michelin's Bugatti Veyron tyres, which were priced at 10,000 pounds for a set of four tyres. Unlike these however, the Michelin tyres were valued for the Veyron rubber.

This just popped up on the news today ... source : mashable.com (2016-06-16)

A company from Dubai has set a new record for the world's most expensive tyres according to Guinness World Records. The wheels are encrusted with gold and diamonds, with a set of four being sold for an exorbitant $600,000

The tyres have been designed by Dubai's Z Tyre and produced by a Chinese tyre factory, but their staggering price tag comes from their glittering embellishments. The tyres are decorated with 24-carat gold leaf work, done by the same craftsmen who are working on a new presidential palace in Abu Dhabi. Finally, Joaillier Prive, an artisan jeweller in Italy, has added specially-chosen diamond stones to the tyres.

The profits from the sale will be donated to a charity that focuses on improving access to education across the world.

The previous record for the world's most expensive tyres was held by Michelin's Bugatti Veyron tyres, which were priced at 10,000 pounds for a set of four tyres. Unlike these however, the Michelin tyres were valued for the Veyron rubber.

Dubai... the land where good taste and common sense never existed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I need to replace the tyres of my Honda Civic ES8 (2004). The tyre size is 185x60x15. With some market search, here are the options I'm considering at the moment.

Continental - Made in Malaysia - Rs. 14500/=

Dunlop - Made in Japan - Rs. 16500/=

Michelin - Made in UK - Did not get the exact price yet, According to D*MO it would be around 19k

Kumho - Made in Korea or Vietnam - Rs. 16800/=

Pirelli - Can't remember the country exactly, may be Turkey - Rs. 20000/= (think too much?)

Would like to know your ideas considering the performance and price. I do not like the tyres which generate higher noise. Comfortable and performance (and obviously the safety ) are the main concerns.

One of my friend and also a tyre shop highly recommended the Continental (Malaysia). Any idea please.

Edited by SMadu

2 hours ago, SMadu said:

Hi All,

I need to replace the tyres of my Honda Civic ES8 (2004). The tyre size is 185x60x15. With some market search, here are the options I'm considering at the moment.

Michelin - Made in UK - Did not get the exact price yet, According to D*MO it would be around 19k

Pirelli - Can't remember the country exactly, may be Turkey - Rs. 20000/= (think too much?)

Would like to know your ideas considering the performance and price. I do not like the tyres which generate higher noise. Comfortable and performance (and obviously the safety ) are the main concerns.

One of my friend and also a tyre shop highly recommended the Continental (Malaysia). Any idea please.

Bridgestone 185/60 R15 EP15 T/L Rs.17,894 Ecopia EP15 (OE) with 25% discount - 13420/=
Edited by hyacc

3 hours ago, SMadu said:

Hi All,

If you give us the specific model of the tyre you might be able to get a better answer rather than providing only the brand. I went for a set of Continental tyres for my Hiace and they are very good INMHO.

I think the most popular selection in your list is the Kumho, which I assume is the Kumho Solus 

Hi Hyacc, could you please mention the place you bought those tyres?

Hi Magnum, Agree, I will provide you the models of those tyres. Sorry that list not with me at the moment, will update it here soon.

The Kumho tyre is KH 17

9 hours ago, SMadu said:

Hi Magnum, Agree, I will provide you the models of those tyres. Sorry that list not with me at the moment, will update it here soon.

The Kumho tyre is KH 17

Thats the Solus KH17

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Kumho/Solus-KH17.htm

On 7/7/2016 at 0:44 PM, SMadu said:

The Kumho tyre is KH 17

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't buy them. Just found it in Autodrome price list. Thought it's cheaper than the options you mentioned. Pls contact tyre dealers.

Hi,

I updated the list given earlier with the tyre models 

Continental (84H)- Made in Malaysia - Rs. 14500/=

Link - http://www.continentaltire.com/product/contipremiumcontact-2-17565r15-84h

Dunlop (SP490)- Made in Japan - Rs. 16500/=

Michelin (84H) - Made in UK - Did not get the exact price yet, According to D*MO it would be around 19k

Link - http://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/Tyres/Michelin/Energy-Saver_/185-60-R15-84H/D-119657

Kumho (KH17)- Made in Korea or Vietnam - Rs. 16800/=

Pirelli (84h)- Made in Romania - Rs. 20000/= (think too much?)

Finally I selected Continental and fixed those on yesterday (all 4 tyres). Those looks good with a comfortable drive and low noise. Anyway still too early to comment more on those. But one of my friends selected the same for his Axio few months back and he is very happy with those tyres.

Just thought to post my two cents here since it may be helpful for someone who is searching to select a better one among few good brands available.

Planning on getting the following tires for my Lancer Ex

Brand - Bridgestone 

Model - EP2H (EP200) 

Size - 205/60/16

Price - LKR 16,500

I have been running on the same tires as above for the last 3 years. Great value for money without compromising on comfort. Bought the current set for LKR 15,500 each. I have done over 47,000 km to date on those tires and a sample picture of the current tire is attached. 

IMAG1611[1].jpg

Edited by Harry (aq)
Added the currency on the price
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SMadu said:

Finally I selected Continental and fixed those on yesterday (all 4 tyres). Those looks good with a comfortable drive and low noise. Anyway still too early to comment more on those. But one of my friends selected the same for his Axio few months back and he is very happy with those tyres.

Just thought to post my two cents here since it may be helpful for someone who is searching to select a better one among few good brands available.

I purchased Continental too ( not the same model you have bought ) for my Hiace, they are much better than the previous set of tyres the van came with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just an update on Tyre prices

205/55 R16 

Prince tyres near sugathathasa stadium

Nankang - 14000

Maxxis Maz-3 -13000 

Olympic Tyres Col-06

Maxxis -14,760

Nexun 12670

Road Stone - 14040 (Citywheels in wattala, old negombo road - 12k)

goodyear /duraplus - 17,000

Kusum Tyers Keleniya

GT -14800

Bridgestone / EP200 -15300

Kumho - 15600

nexun -12650

falken -17000

dunlop /japan -22400

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys do you know a place that is willing to exchange tyres ? or even offer a decent discount ?

My pair of tyres has done less than 4k KM, im thinking of exchanging them for Dunlops.

• 1 month later...