• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Tire Time after a long time. My Yokohama A Drive has now done 61000+ KMs and time to replace. But this time my financial situation is not good for a premium tyre. So looking for a budget tyre set to pay as instalments. Need 4 tires..

What do you think of these tyres?

1. Nankang Chinese 185/65R14 - 8300 LKR

2. Nankang Chinese 175/70R14 - 7600 LKR

3. Silverstone NS500 185/70R14 - 9800 LKR

4. GT Chinese 175/65R14 - 7500 LKR

I would like to know your review of these Chinese Nangkang, GT tires and Silverstone Tires. Due to my budget constraint, I thinking of either Nankang 175/70R14 or GT Chinese.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if I can give some insight into it. I recently purchased a brand new car (Acura TLX- Those who dont know whats Acura is Acura is the luxury division of Honda and TLX is their equivalent to Honda Accord if anyone likes to see photographs I would be happy to upload them with my uograded 19 inch wheels) in USA and one of the first thing I did was discarding the original brand new tires (Which were good year Eagle LS2s). They were terrible. So I researched a lot and learned a lot about tires. I hope no one would take offence if I share the info. First thing is never ever go for cheap tires because its the only thing between your car and road. So always check for reviews and their performance. In fact one of the biggest misleading factor in tire purchase is threads. In fact what's threads and thread pattern does is to displace water and avoid hydroplaning. Since SL is a country with lots of rain this need to take in to account. Then the compound, there are summer tires, winter tires, all season tires, GT tires. SL is a warm country so no need to consider about winter tires. Summer tire are the best for SL condition, but they suffer thread life (Usually 15000 kms). Best bet for SL condition is all season and GT tires. Now they have ultra high performance all season tires look for Michelin Pilot sport AS3. They are rated for 45000 miles (72000 km). Excellent tire has a very good wet and dry grip and good rating for hydroplaning resistance. Maybe only disadvantage is they are slightly expensive. All major tire manufacturer has this category (Continental DWS is also an excellent tire).

Tirerack.com is an excellent source to get information and tire ratings. It has a wonderful database of tires and if you want you can probably buy them at their ebay store (I m not so sure of international shipping). With the new Michelin tires its like now I drive a different car. Earlier its used to give me tire noise at 30 mph while taking a bend and now I take bends at 60-70 mph (100-110 kmph) with no tire noise what so ever.

In summary always buy good tires with good ratings. Spend a little on tires as its the only thing between you and the road. Check for thread life warranty as that way you can get an idea that how long the tire would last.

Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone if I did I m really sorry.

Link to tire rack- http://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html

Edited by kchemist
  • Like 3

I bought Brigestone Ecopia EP150a from Universal Tyre Service - Borella 175/65/14

175/65/14

01. Bridgestone - Rs.10900/=

02. Goodyear - Rs. 9750/=

03. GT - Rs. 9000/=

04. Toyo (japan) - Rs.16000/=

how was their service? and how many km range in the one you choose? 40k km?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Brand: Pirelli

Model: Cinturato P1 Verde (Made in Turkey)

Size : 165/70/R14

Price: 12530 each after 30% discount.

They offer free wheel balance and wheel alignment ( Only from Hydepark tyre center). Marketing guy said that they they guaranteed 50,000Km +++ . Island-wide free delivery. Also 12 month installment scheme for Amex CC.

Brand: Bridgestone

Model: Ecopia ep150 (Made in Thailand)

Price: 11200 each after discount.

They offer free wheel balance and wheel alignment ( Only from Hydepark tyre center). Marketing guy said that they they guaranteed 50,000Km +++ . Island-wide free delivery. Also 12 month installment scheme for Amex CC.

Got the Same tire brand in 175/65 R14 size for 10,500/- got the free alignment, balancing + discount coupons for spares and Oil (15% off) from wattala Toyota. This was back in June 2015 with 30% off.

Dont those "Eco" tyres have less grip?

• 3 months later...

Brand: CEAT

Model: Radials

Size: 145/80R12

Price: 5200

Wouldn't recommend unless you're a cheapskate like me, they last for about 40k. Harder rubber compound, so is less comfortable, can't complain for the price though :)

Edited by maxxarox

Nankang made in Taiwan tyres are still a good buy more than the chinese tyre of the same brand ?? with experience I would say worth the money than anyother chinese tyre make sure not to buy the chinese Nankang.

Edited by Nissan cdj

Model: Ecopia ep150

Size: 175/65R14

Price: 10,900

Overall pretty happy with the tires, even though these are low rolling resistance the grip and braking distance is good. Mostly I wanted less tire noise and decent comfort from the tires and these are doing a pretty good job. It actually has more grip than my previous pair of achiles tires in cornering.The ride is a bit floaty though, not a problem if your car has stiff suspension but if it has soft suspension it might feel a little unstable.

I saw a comment previously on braking distance I should point out that I didn't notice any increase in braking distance when you floor the brakes, it grips well without any drama. However since these are low rolling resistance tires they tend not to slow down as much as other tires when cruising so you do end up having to use the brakes a little harder. Once you get use to it it's no big deal. These are great if your primary concerns are tire noise and comfort.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Model: Dueler A/T D697 LT (Made in Thailand)

Size: 255/70R15

Price: 25,850 each (after 26% discount)

For what vehicle are you using these tyres?