• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

Pirelli Turkish 195/65 R15? Can you tell me which model of Pirelli?

The price does not sound too bad but bargain a bit more.

Got a set of turkish Pirellis from TL today for 14k each. 185/65/15 cintuario P1 (pardon the spelling). Car handles very well compared to the Goodyear GT3s had earlier. the mechanic however cautioned me on the thinwalls.

Anyways A*W quoted 12.5 for goodyear GT3 i presume

Also, Got the below prices from our transport guys

Dunlop (agent)- 14.5 , bridgestone 14.5 (indo) Dunlop (indo) 11.5 , maxxis 11.3k GT 11k

• 3 months later...

Thanks "The Don"

Sorry for the delayed response I fixed pirelli while back got all 4 tires from toyota lanka for about 58K. I am happy with the purchase. tyre noise is less and doing good when I get turns even at 90+

Recently saw "apollo tyres" they too looks good anyone knows about the quality of these tires?

Thanks "The Don"

Sorry for the delayed response I fixed pirelli while back got all 4 tires from toyota lanka for about 58K. I am happy with the purchase. tyre noise is less and doing good when I get turns even at 90+

Recently saw "apollo tyres" they too looks good anyone knows about the quality of these tires?

Aren't Apollo an Indian Tyre brand?

There is no point comparing Pirelli's to Apollo. One is the current supplier to F1.

Aren't Apollo an Indian Tyre brand?

There is no point comparing Pirelli's to Apollo. One is the current supplier to F1.

Sorry The Don, I fixed Pirelli, one of my friend is asking about Apollo Brand tyres. Trying to find out the quality of it price he is offered is 10.5K per tyre.

Sorry The Don, I fixed Pirelli, one of my friend is asking about Apollo Brand tyres. Trying to find out the quality of it price he is offered is 10.5K per tyre.

I don't know much about Apollo, but if you are after a budget tyre try Maxxis, Nankang or for a little bit more Kumho or Hankook. They are all reasonably good tyres. I heard even Goodyear dura plus is pretty reasonably priced.

The new Falkens are a bit hard, and Roadstones seem to have various manufacturing defects. The last set on my sisters car seem to be slightly mal formed from the factory, so to balance it the wheel balancing place needed 27g of wheel weights!

I don't know much about Apollo, but if you are after a budget tyre try Maxxis, Nankang or for a little bit more Kumho or Hankook. They are all reasonably good tyres. I heard even Goodyear dura plus is pretty reasonably priced.

The new Falkens are a bit hard, and Roadstones seem to have various manufacturing defects. The last set on my sisters car seem to be slightly mal formed from the factory, so to balance it the wheel balancing place needed 27g of wheel weights!

Don't forget the Thai made Dunlops as a reasonably priced option

Falkens seem to wear out far too easily

Don't forget the Thai made Dunlops as a reasonably priced option

Falkens seem to wear out far too easily

I've never used the Thai Falkens. The Japanese ones I have seem to have pretty good wear but its fairly hard rubber so noisy and bumpy.

• 1 month later...

Got a set of turkish Pirellis from TL today for 14k each. 185/65/15 cintuario P1 (pardon the spelling). Car handles very well compared to the Goodyear GT3s had earlier. the mechanic however cautioned me on the thinwalls. Anyways A*W quoted 12.5 for goodyear GT3 i presume Also, Got the below prices from our transport guys Dunlop (agent)- 14.5 , bridgestone 14.5 (indo) Dunlop (indo) 11.5 , maxxis 11.3k GT 11k

I'm also getting Pirelli tyres from TL for 58,800 (195/65R15) with wheel alignment and balancing done free. they guarantee 50,000km as well as 15% discount on spares & 10% discount on labour at TL.

they claimed the tyre is soft. My question is how come the tyre would be soft if it is to perform 50,000kms

I'm also getting Pirelli tyres from TL for 58,800 (195/65R15) with wheel alignment and balancing done free. they guarantee 50,000km as well as 15% discount on spares & 10% discount on labour at TL.

they claimed the tyre is soft. My question is how come the tyre would be soft if it is to perform 50,000kms

That is a good question. I hope somebody can update the thread when its time to replace those tyres, so we know exactly how many KM they ran and if they ran less how TL honoured their warranty.

Is there a time limit on the warranty?

That is a good question. I hope somebody can update the thread when its time to replace those tyres, so we know exactly how many KM they ran and if they ran less how TL honoured their warranty.

Is there a time limit on the warranty?

Bought the tires for 58,800/- (inc.11% VAT) and took a drive to Galle this weekend on highway. tires seems to be good. but they did not issue any written warranty for the claimed 50,000 km range & gave me a discount voucher on 15% on Toyota Motor oil & parts.

Earlier I had 185/65R15 sized tires and this time replaced with 195/65R15 sized tires. One of the tire I had is on a good condition (two worn out rear tires & the one front tire with a cut on the side wall had to be replaced), So I took it back thinking that I would be able to use it if something goes wrong with any of the new tires, since both the tires differs only on the width not on the height.

Bought the tires for 58,800/- (inc.11% VAT) and took a drive to Galle this weekend on highway. tires seems to be good. but they did not issue any written warranty for the claimed 50,000 km range & gave me a discount voucher on 15% on Toyota Motor oil & parts.

Earlier I had 185/65R15 sized tires and this time replaced with 195/65R15 sized tires. One of the tire I had is on a good condition (two worn out rear tires & the one front tire with a cut on the side wall had to be replaced), So I took it back thinking that I would be able to use it if something goes wrong with any of the new tires, since both the tires differs only on the width not on the height.

The height (sidewall profile) is a function of the width meaning it's 65 = 65% of 195 or 185 etc

Thus your rolling radius too would vary

Hi guys,

Normally how many miles do you score with a tier, if you can mention the brand then it would be much helpfule. Mine is a Chinese one put by previous owner and I had abt 20000km on them and now it's time to change.

Hello Thanushka,

It depends on your driving style, the road condition and the atmosphere the tire is exposed to often among other things.

Most of the recognized brands would last over 30000 km generally.

Edited by zaradiyel

The height (sidewall profile) is a function of the width meaning it's 65 = 65% of 195 or 185 etc

Thus your rolling radius too would vary

Oops.. thanks for the insight.. so, I won't be able to make use of it,nah...

Hello tinyman,

By 'soft' they might have meant the ability of the tread pattern to take up the unevenness of the roads not that it's easy to wear-off.

Just a thought.

Hello tinyman,

By 'soft' they might have meant the ability of the tread pattern to take up the unevenness of the roads not that it's easy to wear-off.

Just a thought.

This is kind of the same thing. Thread patterns do not absorb the unevenness of the road. Their primary function is water removal.

Softer rubber absorbs bumps and road irregularities better, grip better but wear off a bit faster. Just a fact of life. There is a balance here of course. Tyres marked eco will be slightly harder compound with lower resistance thread design and high performance tyres will be softer compound. This is why people complain their Potenza's wear off really quickly :)

Please, when reporting tyre prices, please mention country of manufacture as well. Its useful information. Most tyre brands are sourced from multiple locations, so there are some price differences.

Agreed

i've gotten better quotes from dealers like U&H as well as Amila on Malay Street on Dunlops than the agent SK Munasinghe (probably pass down a larger percentage of the dealer commission down to the end customer to beat out the competition based on the volumes they move)

Agreed

i've gotten better quotes from dealers like U&H as well as Amila on Malay Street on Dunlops than the agent SK Munasinghe (probably pass down a larger percentage of the dealer commission down to the end customer to beat out the competition based on the volumes they move)

Agreed. Not only them almost all the dealers I contacted gave better prices than SK M********

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away for a long time from this forum since life was busy with the family and baby. :)

Anyway after completing 55000km from Yokohama A Drive, now it's time to replace them.

This time, looking for a budget tyre can not afford for Yokohama.

There is a Nankang Chinese manufactured tyre of size 184/65/14 is available for the price of 8350 each.

Anyone using this?

I have been away for a long time from this forum since life was busy with the family and baby. :)

Anyway after completing 55000km from Yokohama A Drive, now it's time to replace them.

This time, looking for a budget tyre can not afford for Yokohama.

There is a Nankang Chinese manufactured tyre of size 184/65/14 is available for the price of 8350 each.

Anyone using this?

I hope you haven't purchased the tyres yet. Work was really at its peak. I bought two Nankang tyres of the same size 185/65/R14. Most places have the basic RX 668 tyre made in China. I bought mine from Neat Tyres, situated at New Hunupitiya Road, Wattala. Got the Taiwan made tyre and got RX 615 Tyres. Apparently Taiwan is better than China according to the Tyre dealer. Also rather than promoting Bridgestone or Dunlop (they were available with him) he always was of the view that Nankang for the price is a great buy. Still Bridgestone and Dunlop were more expensive as well. Got a tyre for the price of Rs. 8600/=. RX 668 does not have a review in Tyrereviews, but RX 615 does and it is a good one. Check the Link below.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/RX615.htm

According to my limited experience on the tyre which I used for a about a week now it is a very average tyre. It is quite rigid so I guess it will be quite durable, but not great when thinking about comfort. As I am normally the only inhabitant in my car I do not mind the bumpy ride at all. I believe the weakest characteristic of the tyre is wet weather handling. It is not that great. Still as a budget tyre I think it is upto the mark.