• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

For Fk sake, why dont you get 4 large metal rings made for your wheels (like in a bullock cart). I bet you wont have to change a tyre till you die, and with how little rolling resistance you get amazing mileage.

And that won't be in a very distant future, with that grip :D

Off-Topic:

You know, over here when someone says "Total damage was $XXX." they are talking about the price of a prostitute+room+rubber... This is very common on forums where members give field reports.

Anyway, back to tyres... :D

LOL .. you mean in ISG etc? Well I used to give 'field reports' on those a (long) while back, so the habit might hv been carried on :P

I forgot to add that YMMV!

Do you think OLD tyres are bad? according to my experience very old brand new tyres can run more milage. (When old, rubber become hard)

Damn mate, that means I should buy my next set of tyres right now and keep them stocked for two years. You never know these tyre salesmen, they might give you new tyres if you buy at the last moment.

Do you think I should be keeping them in the sun ... to make them much harder, I mean?

Do you think I should be keeping them in the sun ... to make them much harder, I mean?

No. You should leave them for aging in an oak vat. Who knows both whisky and tyres may have a few things in common except both originate from plants (even synthetic rubber for that matter) .

Edited by Rumesh88

Who knows both whisky and tyres may have a few things in common

Hmm..may be whisky seasoned tyres would also handle better under a whisky seasoned driver !!!! :D

Edited by CJ5

• 10 months later...

8600 - chinese brand NAMED LAKE SHIT OR SO.

9800 - CEAT.

10600- MAXIS AND ROADSTONE.

11600 - DUNLOP thailand.

16000- Bridgstone.

17100- Good year.

Last week prices - Downsouth shop.

If its first time you shift to that size.mind its a wide tyre and sometimes can contact with the body with 4 people onboard.

Has the same problem after shifting from 185/65/15 to 195/65/15.

• Like 1

8600 - chinese brand NAMED LAKE SHIT OR SO.

9800 - CEAT.

10600- MAXIS AND ROADSTONE.

11600 - DUNLOP thailand.

16000- Bridgstone.

17100- Good year.

Last week prices - Downsouth shop.

If its first time you shift to that size.mind its a wide tyre and sometimes can contact with the body with 4 people onboard.

Has the same problem after shifting from 185/65/15 to 195/65/15.

Nope, my originals are 195/65/15 so no issue there :)

Dunlop 195/65/15 (Manufactured in Japan) Rs.16915/= @ M*torhead.lk.

Thnx

• 2 weeks later...

The best I could find for Maxxis 195/65/15 around south of colombo was 11,800. As per chan5 it was 10600 down south. Anyone found a better price in Colombo recently?

Edited by vishkid
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Slightly OT but I would like to know if you had issues with new tyres and ever used a 'tyre warranty'? My father had a blowout out of the blue in a 3 month old (~ 500km) tyre. The agent is closed now and tomorrow and there's no warranty specifics noted in the invoice.

TIA

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got around to fitting those Yokohama S drives I always wanted for my Vitz. Spent a good day between two shops with one that had the tyres for around 13k but turned out to be the wrong size and another that had the tyres but wanted nearly 18k each. In the end I went with the second option and managed to get the price down to 16750 each. Sorry about the poor quality pic

10582874_10152643804586259_8214506177771

What really bothers me is how good tyres are getting increasingly difficult to find over here. I was offered so many chinese and budget brands but nothing performance oriented. Maybe people don't look for good tyres in this size but what about evo or sti spec tyres? Just a few weeks ago a friend of mine who bought an sti 9 recently was looking for a set of potenzas. Even I made a few phone calls to help the bugger out and the best everyone had to offer was middle of the range japanese tyres. It took him about 2 weeks to find potenzas. Took me over 2 years to find these. Thanks to these budget brands and consumers who dont care much for good tyres I feel like we are in dark times over here.

Its not because of budget brands. Budget brands have come here for a reason. People don't have money for the premium brands, so there is very little demand.

I've switched to Maxxis MA-Z1 Victra. Its probably as good as any premium tyre for grip, but does use a softer compound so wears fast. You can also get Kumho ECSTA fairly easily.

JadeyBlitzen,

Can you please tell me the size of your tires? I had to replace my front tyres (Yokohama Japan - 175/65r14 82S) about month ago. I tried to find the exact tyre from various places but they didn't have it. They told me it would cost about 20K these days. So finally had to settle with GT Radial Indonesian tyres.

Its not because of budget brands. Budget brands have come here for a reason. People don't have money for the premium brands, so there is very little demand.

I've switched to Maxxis MA-Z1 Victra. Its probably as good as any premium tyre for grip, but does use a softer compound so wears fast. You can also get Kumho ECSTA fairly easily.

The way I see it people have cars that are nicer and relatively more expensive than ever but seem to allocate much less for their tyres. I mean did we see recently registered corollas/axios back in the day with ceats on them? As a tyre shop owner told me recently some people would fit steam roller wheels to save money if they fit.

That said maxxis ma z1 is a pretty good tyre. I was offered a big discount for a set of them by a friend who got into the business recently. Went for the yokos cos of the extra edge they they offer.

Ecstas look very decent on the net. Will check them out one of these days.

JadeyBlitzen,

Can you please tell me the size of your tires? I had to replace my front tyres (Yokohama Japan - 175/65r14 82S) about month ago. I tried to find the exact tyre from various places but they didn't have it. They told me it would cost about 20K these days. So finally had to settle with GT Radial Indonesian tyres.

Mines an RS. So the tyre size is 185/55/15. You'll have trouble finding the tyres the car originally came with if its recondition cos the japs get some really nice tyres that arent offered here. GT's are pretty decent but since you got yokos on the other axle keep the gt's at the front.

• Like 1

JadeyBlitzen,

20K is a very high, price. Nothing to do if you have bought the tyres now. SK Munas*nghe has advertised the tyre for 11,400/=. Also Mot*rhead has advertised it for Rs. 9,690/=. If your buying all four tyres might have been able to get a further discount on the advertised price as well.

20K is a very high, price. Nothing to do if you have bought the tyres now. SK Munas*nghe has advertised the tyre for 11,400/=. Also Mot*rhead has advertised it for Rs. 9,690/=. If your buying all four tyres might have been able to get a further discount on the advertised price as well.

20K is just a rough figure they mentioned for the Yokohama Japanese tyres. Some of them had Yokohama Philipines tyres for arround 13K. I bought the GT Radial Indonesian tyres for 8950/= each from Universal Tyre house opposite to the Borella cemetery.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

Could some one suggest me less noisy durable tire that is available in Sri Lanka for size 195/65/15R? I am having Bristone (Indonesian) and tire noise is high. Had Yokohoma (Japan) tire noise was mush less. But is is 20,000 per tire and no discounts (atleast in Kandy).

Toyota has Pirelli tires (Turkey) they claim it less noisy and durable is that true?

Thanks in advance

Hello All,

Could some one suggest me less noisy durable tire that is available in Sri Lanka for size 195/65/15R? I am having Bristone (Indonesian) and tire noise is high. Had Yokohoma (Japan) tire noise was mush less. But is is 20,000 per tire and no discounts (atleast in Kandy).

Toyota has Pirelli tires (Turkey) they claim it less noisy and durable is that true?

Thanks in advance

Road noise depends on the compound used on the tyres. The softer the compound the less the noise, but the price is faster wear.