• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

just sharing prices of following i found in Ja ela and negombo. But prices are for 175/70R14, might not vary much for 185

Falken (Thailand) -10,000-- Ja ela

GT champiro-(indonesia)-8,500---negombo

GT China-7,600---negombo

Kumho ( South Korea)-8,000---negombo

considering above i think Kumho is a good bargain as they are from Korea. what do you think?

Edited by mello555

just sharing prices of following i found in Ja ela and negombo. But prices are for 175/70R14, might not vary much for 185

GT China-7,600---negombo

considering above i think Kumho is a good bargain as they are from Korea. what do you think?

I concur, plus the Kumho Solus tyres are original equipment in Hyundai small hatchbacks and sedans so they are pretty decent tyres.

I concur, plus the Kumho Solus tyres are original equipment in Hyundai small hatchbacks and sedans so they are pretty decent tyres.

Yes and they are also original in large hyundais such as the Santafe in that case they give a separate warranty booklet, specifying that they give away an unlimited warranty

Now that's confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

GT China-7,600---negombo

What about good year tyre(indonesia)??

• 4 months later...

Got a decent deal on Achilles tyre’s last week, ( I think) 195/60/15 for Rs. 10,500/- the thread pattern looks are also good. They had a good set (4) of Federal 195/55/15 for Rs. 11,700/- with a absolutely lovely tread design.

Location : Moratuwa Wheel alignment – PM me if you want the contact numbers

GT China-7,600---negombo

Great

BTW when comparing Tyre prices from different places, please keep in mind about the expire date of the tyres also..

Once I bought brand new Yokohama tyre set 265/70/R16 for my jeep - all costs only 40K... From a place near Biyagama.. Returned it to the seller after knowing that it had been manufactured about 11 yrs ago

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Anyone recently purchased any 195/55/15s? Just would like to see updates on recent prices and good deals :)

Roadstone was around 11,500/=

GT Radial - Chimpiro was quoted around 12,500. I don't these are not bargain prices.. may be just the normal range they quote.

Edited by MkX

How can we see the expire date ? Is it mentioned on Tyre ?

There is no expiry date mentioned on tyres, merely the manufactured week. Due to the rubber aging process its best to get as fresher a tyre as possible.

Read this article

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/uk/en/continental/tyres_for_life/themes/tyre-information/how-old-are-your-tyres-en.html

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was on the lookout for Maxxis 195/65/15's and the prices were basically the same everywhere, ranging from 11,400 to 11,800 (Amila at Slave Island had the lowest offer)

In the end, chose TT at Kohuwala/Kalubowila @ 11,600 due to proximity and the service level I've had there before.

Total damage was 24.1k for two tyres with wheel balancing & alignment.

Was on the lookout for Maxxis 195/65/15's and the prices were basically the same everywhere, ranging from 11,400 to 11,800 (Amila at Slave Island had the lowest offer)

In the end, chose TT at Kohuwala/Kalubowila @ 11,600 due to proximity and the service level I've had there before.

Total damage was 24.1k for two tyres with wheel balancing & alignment.

Off-Topic:

You know, over here when someone says "Total damage was $XXX." they are talking about the price of a prostitute+room+rubber... This is very common on forums where members give field reports.

Anyway, back to tyres... :D

Got a decent deal on Achilles tyre’s last week, ( I think) 195/60/15 for Rs. 10,500/- the thread pattern looks are also good. They had a good set (4) of Federal 195/55/15 for Rs. 11,700/- with a absolutely lovely tread design.

Location : Moratuwa Wheel alignment – PM me if you want the contact numbers

Achilles tyre’s are not good, Chines

Great

BTW when comparing Tyre prices from different places, please keep in mind about the expire date of the tyres also..

Once I bought brand new Yokohama tyre set 265/70/R16 for my jeep - all costs only 40K... From a place near Biyagama.. Returned it to the seller after knowing that it had been manufactured about 11 yrs ago

Do you think OLD tyres are bad? according to my experience very old brand new tyres can run more milage. (When old, rubber become hard)

Do you think OLD tyres are bad? according to my experience very old brand new tyres can run more milage. (When old, rubber become hard)

I am not sure of getting a higher milage but I am sure that there is a very high risk of a blowoutl!!!

Edited by CJ5

As the tyres get old they lose their resilience thus become more susceptible to damage, particularly when running on rough roads. There is absolutely nothing to support the theory above.

For Fk sake, why dont you get 4 large metal rings made for your wheels (like in a bullock cart). I bet you wont have to change a tyre till you die, and with how little rolling resistance you get amazing mileage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For Fk sake, why dont you get 4 large metal rings made for your wheels (like in a bullock cart). I bet you wont have to change a tyre till you die, and with how little rolling resistance you get amazing mileage.

Just remove the tyres and run on the rims!!!!!