• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

lasa

Has anyone tries Maxxis MS800. ?

http://www.maxxisgre...glish/MS800.php

I got a quote for Rs. 11,280/- for size 185/60 R15 (Made in Taiwan).

Has any of you bought it ? If so, please share your feedback . Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

Got maxxis MA z1 for 12000( 195/55/15) with nice thread pattern. It has got lot of possitive reveiws in the net and far better than my ex gt tyres. If you dont mind the low profile, better to go and check this one.

Guys I'm looking for a set of tyres for the Noah.

The size is 195/70/14. I'm currently running michelin xm1s. but they haven't taken the abuse well. chunks of rubber are falling off the tread and it wore out faster than any tyre I've used before. But when they were ok they were very very comfortable and even at 70 I could barely hear any road noise.

So that's my basic criteria. comfort, low tyre noise and durability. Don't wanna go back to michelin after seeing the drama this set put up. I'm currently looking at Bridgestone turanzas and goodyear duraplus. How do they perform? Any other recommendations?

Wouldn't mind switching to 15's if there are good touring tyres you guys can recommend in that range.

Thanks

Guys I'm looking for a set of tyres for the Noah.

The size is 195/70/14. I'm currently running michelin xm1s. but they haven't taken the abuse well. chunks of rubber are falling off the tread and it wore out faster than any tyre I've used before. But when they were ok they were very very comfortable and even at 70 I could barely hear any road noise.

So that's my basic criteria. comfort, low tyre noise and durability. Don't wanna go back to michelin after seeing the drama this set put up. I'm currently looking at Bridgestone turanzas and goodyear duraplus. How do they perform? Any other recommendations?

Wouldn't mind switching to 15's if there are good touring tyres you guys can recommend in that range.

Thanks

I have turanza ar10 s in my car and they are nice, specially on wet, cut through water puddles really nicely. But I think those are supposed to be car tyres ? Not sure if they can haul the weight of a fully loaded NOAH. Better check the max load of the tyres.

The load rating recommended by the manufacturer for a 4wd Noah is 91. The michelins were 95. The vehicles weighs 1.6 tonnes. So seems about right. what about yokos and dunlops? any comments on them?

@Amila G Thanks dude. was considering turanza's big time. how's the road noise and durability?

• 1 month later...

Guys, I have finally narrowed down my choices to Dunlop Japan and Bridgestone Indonesian.

I'm currently having Bridgestone Turanzas and its pretty good with regards to the mileage. (Came from the previous owner and I did 30K on them, pretty sure the total is somewhere near 55K... well it's totally used now.)

According to the reviews, Dunlop is much comfy but lasts only 45k - 50k. (No personal experience on that)

Do you have any opinions? (size: 185/70 R14)

p.s.

SK Munasinghe - Dunlop Thaiwan : 11400/= (no Japan stock)

Amila Tyre House Bridgestone B250 Indonesian: 11400/=

Edited by razordj

OK. For those who looking for newer prices, here's the complete set of my research. (its gone up again:( )

I didn't went to these places or bargained, just called and asked)

Bridgestone B250 : 11400/=

Dunlop Thailand : 11400/=

Am*la tyre

Good Year Duraplus : 11000/=

P*ince tyres - 0773113991 (thanks Nilantha for the number)

Good Year Duraplus : 11600/=

Falken : thailand - 10950/=

GT Eco : 9500/=

Dunlop Jap : 11800/=

The t*re team

edit: I finally thinking of getting Good year duraplus because of low noise and high durability. I love my current Bridgeston Turanza AR10s but they are noisier at high speeds.

Edited by razordj

OK. For those who looking for newer prices, here's the complete set of my research. (its gone up again:( )

I didn't went to these places or bargained, just called and asked)

Bridgestone B250 : 11400/=

Dunlop Thailand : 11400/=

Am*la tyre

Good Year Duraplus : 11000/=

P*ince tyres - 0773113991 (thanks Nilantha for the number)

Good Year Duraplus : 11600/=

Falken : thailand - 10950/=

GT Eco : 9500/=

Dunlop Jap : 11800/=

The t*re team

edit: I finally thinking of getting Good year duraplus because of low noise and high durability. I love my current Bridgeston Turanza AR10s but they are noisier at high speeds.

go to ty re team you can get Good year Duraplus for 9800/-

also Prince tyres you can get the same price.

Edited by Nilantha

Bought a set of silverstons

Well the reason being the name, and it was bloody cheap as i found some from an earlier stock.

Got all four of 185/60/R14s for Rs.8500 each.

Haven't heard of the brand lately but it was somewhat popular earlier.

Feels slightly harder than the maxis used earlier, but still just the drive home.

Any comments about pirelli in Sri lanka.

Just like to use those in the march as it is used in F1 :D

BTW does anyone know a good place to buy tiers in Matara?

Soft tyre which wears quicker but very comfortable. The versions in SL were made in Turkey I believe. Don't buy tyres just because its used in F1 because quite frankly you can't use F1 tyres in your car :P But a Tyre that suites your needs and priorities.

Guys,

I finally put GoodYear duraplus.

Here's some quick comparison compared my previous Bridgestone AR10 Turanza.

Road Noise:

Well.. its massively reduced. With BS I could here the tyres even at 50. I had to turn up the volume level in my stereo on E01.

But with GY, only a small noise even at 100. I can easily enjoy my stereo:)

Comfort:

Hardly to compare since my BS were at it's end of life (so no comfort there). But I fell GY is bit more comfort (because it's sidewalls a bit thinner?)

Handling/ Cornering

With GY, it's noticeably reduced. I was taking bends at around 80, but now I have to reduce it to 60/70. (I guess the thinner sidewalls comes into play)

Steering response.

Better with BS. But can't complain to GY.

Altogether, I'm happy with my buy mostly because of less road noise since I travel on E01 everyday. And according to the reviews, I believe I can do around 60k+ on this.

Hope this helps.

Edited by razordj

Thanks a lot Nilantha and razordj and others for valuable information.

wanted to buy tyres today but unfortunetly prices have gone up again.

T*re team kohuwala quaoted prices as follows ,

185 x 70 x 14

Maxxis -MA701 -Rs10200

Good year - Rs 11400

Falken - Rs 10950

GT- rS 9600

Dunlop - Rs 10700

my maximum budget is 10k per tyre , so i hv to think again..

Try to find Contenental

Is there any place which sells original Continental (Germany) tyres in Sri Lanka?

Sooner or later, I am gonna need a set of tyres for my car and they originally came with Continental tyres. So I prefer to stick to them/

Is there any place which sells original Continental (Germany) tyres in Sri Lanka?

Sooner or later, I am gonna need a set of tyres for my car and they originally came with Continental tyres. So I prefer to stick to them/

i too finding. couldn't find yet.

Thanks a lot Nilantha and razordj and others for valuable information.

wanted to buy tyres today but unfortunetly prices have gone up again.

T*re team kohuwala quaoted prices as follows ,

185 x 70 x 14

Maxxis -MA701 -Rs10200

Good year - Rs 11400

Falken - Rs 10950

GT- rS 9600

Dunlop - Rs 10700

my maximum budget is 10k per tyre , so i hv to think again..

Go there. You might be able to bargain for couple of hundreds less.

Or try to find a good contact they know (Unfortunately I couldn't find any :()