• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Can I Buy A Car Inverter

riddle

guys...the topic says it all...do you guys know anyplace where i can get a car inverter?preferbly a 150w??and please mention the prices too..

well it shout be something like this which could generate current from a 12v car battery..

317.jpg

thanks alot guys..

any inverter that can be connected to a 12V supply of your car is fine.I mean you will need to buy an adapter for the cigaratte lighter to connect it to 12v.However there was a place in Meegoda that did this....give me some time I will get you the contact details....Give me more details of the vehicle. There is nothing called car inverter.......I mean it is always the same inverter just with a more portable packaging.

any inverter that can be connected to a 12V supply of your car is fine.I mean you will need to buy an adapter for the cigaratte lighter to connect it to 12v.However there was a place in Meegoda that did this....give me some time I will get you the contact details....Give me more details of the vehicle. There is nothing called car inverter.......I mean it is always the same inverter just with a more portable packaging.

I remember seeing something similar at Aries Services in Kalubowila (Google them). They are the local agent for Clarke automotive equipment from UK and stock a lot of interesting items.

I picked up a battery jump start from them sometime back.

milindu-thanks buddy..saw there website...i gota call em..

rameez-yes maan..thats what im exactly talking about,,a supply which is connected to the cigarette/battery which would generate the DC power into AC power..

my car is an AE110.

milindu-thanks buddy..saw there website...i gota call em..

rameez-yes maan..thats what im exactly talking about,,a supply which is connected to the cigarette/battery which would generate the DC power into AC power..

my car is an AE110.

Sir,

Nippon Show room at Buddaloka Mawatha at Bambalapitiya end near the bus stop has inverters they drain your battery very fast if you are using inverters you have to have high Ampere Battery They have 500 Watts AC 230 Volts you can call them on 2589992 and find out the cost.

You will be able to get at 1st cross street 150 watts what you are looking I have 1 unit I bought few years ago for 3500 Rupees.

I hope your battery is 40 amps so 150 watts inverter will draw more than 12 amps.

Wijesinghe.

thanks Wijasinghe,,

all i need is about 45w mostly and at times 60-65w,,thats all,so to be on the safe side im getting twice as what i want,

so if i get a 100/150w inverter are you telling me that using these inverters may affect the battery life?

thanks

thanks Wijasinghe,,

all i need is about 45w mostly and at times 60-65w,,thats all,so to be on the safe side im getting twice as what i want,

so if i get a 100/150w inverter are you telling me that using these inverters may affect the battery life?

thanks

Sir,

Your need is for CFL bulbs or any other propose please contact me on 2573690/0712222420. I will advice you.

Wijesinghe

Mate...Its like this....2000++ Vs 3500....Guarantee Vs Non and Finally the time involved...I do enjoy my little inverter a lot and I run that atleast 2hrs a day...From Laptop DC pack to..OMG blender ha ha.

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know a price of the car jump start thingy and where to get one

Sir,

Ready made this jump start cables are available at many shops in Panchikawathe or you can go to any hard were shop and buy the welding cables by meter they sell 140 ams to 400 amps are available Cost range will be according to Amps.

For a Automobile Jump start you can get 200 Amps is OK end clips are also they have welding earth clips will be around 250.00 Rupees.

A.C. Paul have all what you want. I too have bought about a year ago did fix them for a friend of mine if I remember total cost was Rupees 2000.00 for 6 meters of wire and 4 end clips.

If you buy in CKD form you have to do it your self it is very simple just clean end wires insulation fix them with the bolt which comes on the end clip.

Wijesinghe

guys i was refering to the the precharged protable power unit.. that i saw sometime ago.. i too have jumper cabels.. what i was looking for was car jump starter... it has charged battery inside which delivers the the power for a car start...

This unit you refer is very expensive the had 120 ampere battery on that unit with a quick charge batter charger which will give your car battery boost charge in 30 minutes.

I have nort seen them in the market for few years. will try to give you more information on same in few hours time

All leading Automobile work shops in Colombo had them in 1970s.

Wijesinghe.

This unit you refer is very expensive the had 120 ampere battery on that unit with a quick charge batter charger which will give your car battery boost charge in 30 minutes.

I have nort seen them in the market for few years. will try to give you more information on same in few hours time

All leading Automobile work shops in Colombo had them in 1970s.

Wijesinghe.

Sir,

Krypton battery jump start is the best with built in a boost charger.

This unit what you want is not available with battery dealers.

What is the amperage of your battery?

You need a battery pack with fully charged all ways to jump start cars am I correct?

Please inform your need I will advice on this matter.

Wijesinghe.