• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Volkswagen Passat

maikk99

HI All

Hope we have some Volkswagen users in the forum

my brother is planning on a Volkswagen Passat and he has around 2.5 Mil budget

He has checked some and they fit in the price range ( I guess those are 2003-2004 models)

Appreciate your honest and valuable comments on the Volkswagen Passart int terms of spare parts , known vulnerabilities, garages etc..

thanks

Mike

HI All

Hope we have some Volkswagen users in the forum

my brother is planning on a Volkswagen Passat and he has around 2.5 Mil budget

He has checked some and they fit in the price range ( I guess those are 2003-2004 models)

Appreciate your honest and valuable comments on the Volkswagen Passart int terms of spare parts , known vulnerabilities, garages etc..

thanks

Mike

1.8T Engine is known to develop sludge if not regularly serviced and maintained.

Good cars and usually comes fully loaded. Handling and performans of passat is also very good and turbo does a very good job in cranking enough power from 1.8 plant. But spares are tad bit expensive. To get an idea, timing belt kit alone is somewhere around 60k. My mechanic advised to keep at least a float of 200k liquid money when i was looking out to buy one. Mechanical parts are available but body parts are bit hard to find.

Hi,

I have VW Bora and I am using that for more than a year. I did not have major problems in maintenance. I replace the T'Belt but cost me less than 20K. I do not think there is a big difference in a PASSAT.

There are quite a few places where you can get the spares for a reasonable price.

Hi,

I have VW Bora and I am using that for more than a year. I did not have major problems in maintenance. I replace the T'Belt but cost me less than 20K. I do not think there is a big difference in a PASSAT.

There are quite a few places where you can get the spares for a reasonable price.

good we have an owner on board. One clarification; 20k is only for the T-belt or the T-belt kit ?

T Belt + Adjuster

Those are the only parts to be replaced. The whole kit was less than 30 K , (If I remember correct)

I checked again with my mechanic, T-belt kit for Bora is said to be even lower than you've mentioned. But the same of Passat 2002 model is said to be over 65k, he further confirmed.

I checked again with my mechanic, T-belt kit for Bora is said to be even lower than you've mentioned. But the same of Passat 2002 model is said to be over 65k, he further confirmed.

You should not have to pay anything more than the following prices, for these respective T belt Kits

Bora 1.6 all years - Rs. 12,000

Passat 1.8 and 1.8T '98-'2002 - Rs. 32,000

Passat 1.8T '2002-'05 - Rs. 30,000

• 2 years later...

How about the fuel consumption of volkswagen passat ?

I drive a Bullock cart, with Genuine leather exterior, Wood finish, 8 pohora bags, 24" hand made wheels, push start, hill start assist(as discussed earlier in the forum), Panoramic roof, start stop function, hybrid system(human power added when extra power is needed), AC(when the cow farts) And much more,

Do you need to know the Fuel Economy.

• Like 2

@ Maikk

i use a GOLF GTI the sparesare not very expensive. you can buy spares locally but sometime you have to order and wait for few days or else you can get it down from UK if you have relatives. if you are going for it look for a well maintained one because when i was planing to get one before my golf i saw few and those where hacked.

Ayad

One of GM s of SENOK who lived next door told me that spares are bit expensive and it cost about 50000 Rs for front disc pads as an example. Please recheck with agents.

Lol... you've been on this forum HOW long? And you still take your next door neighbours word eh? Sigh...

Just FYI, I last changed my front pads a few months back with the genuine Article, it cost me 12,000.

As a contrast, the Front pads on the FD4 were changed last week, set us back 23,000. At the agents though, so I guess I asked for it.

Just FYI, I last changed my front pads a few months back with the genuine Article, it cost me 12,000.

As a contrast, the Front pads on the FD4 were changed last week, set us back 23,000. At the agents though, so I guess I asked for it.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

FD4 front pads only cost 10,000/= or something (Genuine). Give 1000 to the makabass and you could probably get off with 11,000/=

So yeah, you kinda asked for it.

Its a good car.

if you need parts contact Shantha, Rohantha and then eBay, a guy to maintain it speak to Ruwan. In my case, iv own my vdub for almost 2 years... spent almost the same price i bought it for... but still loving every moment with it.... recently did a trip from colombo to Arugambay and Arugambay to Pasikuda, back again to colombo on 1 full tank with 3 passengers and luggage... covered 768.5Km

##

• Like 1

Well as you are at brake pads may I remind you that i replaced my monterosports brake pads

Front Rs 2400 and Rear Rs2200 from a jap brand (FBK) couple of months back.

For 15" disks for clarification the disk size is bigger than the size of an allion/Premio rim

FBK pads are crap. Enjoy cleaning out all the brake dust.

FBK pads are crap. Enjoy cleaning out all the brake dust.

100% agree mate,

The wheels look like they are Carbonfiber :D .

But no braking issues.

Went for them as the garage recomended but now thinking of switching back to originals.

Last time cost me only about Rs20000 for originals both front and back but it was worth it as they also ran almost 70 000km before replacement.

Edited by Clark's son