• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CBR 250RR Repairs

Velocity

hey Velocity,

I was going down the N'pita Nawala road at abt 3.00om and saw a black CBR stopped by 4 cops and the owner was talking to them with some paper or something in his hand... i recognized the bike... i went a little forward and stopped and was watching.. seemed to be a long conversation.... hope you didnt get into a lot of trouble or anything....

Ah no machan, not me. :action-smiley-060:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes velocity we should all gather bunch of bikes and do a nice trip somewhere.. chaminda is fixing a RS250 head on my bike... its gonna fly bro!!!

See u laters bro!!

dhilan and jappa,

i sold my 400 and it was taken by the new owner on tuesday :(

I sold it for 2,45 and lost a bit of money on that.

but my 250 is being repaired and will be completed by this friday :)

hey my email is [email protected]

please email me your phone numbers, so that i can call you.

dhilan and jappa,

i sold my 400 and it was taken by the new owner on tuesday :P

but my 250 is being repaired and will be completed by this friday :(

is this like the last time you said you sold your bike? :P:)

dhilan and jappa,

i sold my 400 and it was taken by the new owner on tuesday :D

but my 250 is being repaired and will be completed by this friday :D

hey my email is [email protected]

please email me your phone numbers, so that i can call you.

hey man i sent u my contact numeber through email anyway it is always fun to ride with a bunch of bikes

• 4 months later...

Recently my Honda CBR 250 RR had a small love affair with a bus at Grand Pass ( Same user who crashed my beloved 400 RR)

Luckily the damages to the CBR was minimal. Original Fenders were scraped. Front Glass cracked and the signal lights got damaged.

Just as riding is a thrill once you damage your blade or any racing bike you will not sleep.

So i thought Ok i need to get this repaired.

I put the Complete Bike to paint and started findind parts for the bike. I thought it would be really tough but it was not. Just that you need to go to right places. MADZ i am not advertising the places but if any one wants to know more info please contact me.

You get a Special bike Shop in panchikawathe which has all the parts ( Most of them )

Signal Both Side Front Costed me Rs 900 X 2 = Rs 1800

Front Glass Taiwan = Rs 3000 ( Remember when you buy a New Blade to remove the front upper glass and run with Taiwan Glass because the Original is 15000 Bucks )

Clutch Lever Rs 600

Brake Lever Rs 1200 ( All Taiwan )

Foot Rest ( Used but in very good condition ) Rs 1000)

Brake Pedal Rs 1000 ( Used )

Gear Pedla Rs 1000 ( Used )

My Exhausts is scraped and i searched for new ones, but could not find, so I went and met ANIL the CBR expert and he makes the 250 RR exhausts for 7500 Bucks.

Ordered one and i am getting it on Friday. I still did not get the brake pedal.

PICS OF MY BIKE COMPLETE. I have my own work shop, so the paint for the complete bike costed me Rs 19000( Cost Only ) , But if you are painting i think it would cost around 30000-35000. ( I guess ).

My Total Cost for the New Parts and Paint Costed me around Rs 37000 bucks. :P ( Insured ) :D

By the way I have ordered my parts for my other CBR and they are all on the way to SL,

I will let all the biker boys over here on some details. You get lot of parts over here for the CBR, just that try to be carefull with your bike as much as possible because CBR 250s are becoming very rare as the production has been over many years. Very few bikes in Japan as well.

img24010fu.jpg

img24027te.jpg

dude,

U seem to knw about bikes... Can u help me out on this... is a GULLARM a 250RR or a 250R ? and whats the difference between the two? .... many thx.

dude,

U seem to knw about bikes... Can u help me out on this... is a GULLARM a 250RR or a 250R ? and whats the difference between the two? .... many thx.

bro i think shak knows more about the difference between r and rr.

but i do know the difference between, fireblade and the gullarm

Fireblade

Different Gear box and 5 hp less than gullarm

Exhausts is different ( bigger on Gullarm )

Brakes are different ( More Cross Drills on Gullarm )

Onlight ( Fireblade )

They say Gullarm is faster than Fireblades. offcourse the fireblade is newer.

Hope it helps exmac....

bro i think shak knows more about the difference between r and rr.

but i do know the difference between, fireblade and the gullarm

Fireblade

Different Gear box and 5 hp less than gullarm

Exhausts is different ( bigger on Gullarm )

Brakes are different ( More Cross Drills on Gullarm )

Onlight ( Fireblade )

They say Gullarm is faster than Fireblades. offcourse the fireblade is newer.

Hope it helps exmac....

Thx dude..... I thought a fireblade was supposed 2 be faster etc.... I'm just a novice with vehichels (any sort) no experiance whatsoever, no license yet either (but in the process of getting it) i just bought a GULLARM from my cus' (who's a bigger bike fanatic) and went for a test drive (had'nt driven a bike for bout 10 yrs) things went well initially, but at the last round, took a turn pretty fast didnt even realize it, untill it was 2 late - went crashing. my cus' had just done a total paint job and da machine was looking real fine. now it's in repair (along with me ha ha.....) with da same sort of damages u have. hope 2 get it back in about 2 weeks. hope u guys can help a bro out in learn the ropes of owning a cool piece of machinary like da CBR....... keep in touch...

hey guys,

is a GULLARM a 250RR or a 250R ? and whats the difference between the two? appreciate if sombody can help me out..... many thx.

in brief... a gullarm is an RR... as far as i know all variants of the CBR250RR have the same engine... basic noticeable differences between the R and RR are:

an older frame built upto 1989 (RR production began in 1990)

single front brake rotor (RR has twin rotors)

5PS more than an RR (japan's gentlemen agreement capped 250cc bikes to 40PS)

slightly longer wheelbase

slightly lighter

smaller tyres (width) with a bigger profile

3 spoke alloys (RR has 6)

body panels

different exhaust

swing arm

lower clearence on the RR

there's lots more like compression ratios, final drive, chains etc but this should be more than enough for you to differentiate...

note: some of the pre-1994 RR's have 45PS too...

guys I'm impressed with your passion about the CBRs

never had one myself but used to ride one of a mate about 10 yrs back - awesome!!!

sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I would love to buy and preserve one of the following bikes from the 1980s

Honda CB 400 N

Honda CB 250 N

Honda 250 Hawk

the idea is to get a bike in as good condition as possible. could anyone help me out to find one?

Moderator, I'm a bit new to the site so if this is not the right place to ask this quastion, pl let me know the correct path.

guys I'm impressed with your passion about the CBRs

never had one myself but used to ride one of a mate about 10 yrs back - awesome!!!

sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I would love to buy and preserve one of the following bikes from the 1980s

Honda CB 400 N

Honda CB 250 N

Honda 250 Hawk

the idea is to get a bike in as good condition as possible. could anyone help me out to find one?

Moderator, I'm a bit new to the site so if this is not the right place to ask this quastion, pl let me know the correct path.

hello hardhat

i've never owned a CBR either... or for that matter any bike... i've always loved bikes but my parents would disown me if i take the plunge...

with regard to your question... you're better off starting a new thread... and yes you're allowed to ask the question but members cannot advertise on the forum... they may contact you personally or use our preferred option... the classifieds ;)

:D a very nice looking bike.its good to see there are some some in sri lanka .I was beginning to think the only ones available were old wrecks patched together or even welded together to create an unsteerable monster.Before i bought a hideous 125 in tangalle i rented many a monster to ride around sri lanka with my girlfriend.The problem for me being a foreigner is to find where you can buy things,as I am so used to just finding a bike shop with all the models available.There must be dealers who have several bikes but how do you find them?

:D a very nice looking bike.its good to see there are some some in sri lanka .I was beginning to think the only ones available were old wrecks patched together or even welded together to create an unsteerable monster.Before i bought a hideous 125 in tangalle i rented many a monster to ride around sri lanka with my girlfriend.The problem for me being a foreigner is to find where you can buy things,as I am so used to just finding a bike shop with all the models available.There must be dealers who have several bikes but how do you find them?

I think there are many reputed bike dealers in SL, some of whom who can help you get certain exotics that shouldnt actually be here. I think if you state what model or type of bike you are after, and most importantly what part of the country you are in i am sure somebody will point you in the right direction.

I think you haven't been to Negombo if you think Sri lanka is full of monsters he he, many an italian exotic can be found there (for reasons which might not be so obvious to anybody other than a Sri Lankan).

Recently my Honda CBR 250 RR had a small love affair with a bus at Grand Pass ( Same user who crashed my beloved 400 RR)

Luckily the damages to the CBR was minimal. Original Fenders were scraped. Front Glass cracked and the signal lights got damaged.

Just as riding is a thrill once you damage your blade or any racing bike you will not sleep.

So i thought Ok i need to get this repaired.

I put the Complete Bike to paint and started findind parts for the bike. I thought it would be really tough but it was not. Just that you need to go to right places. MADZ i am not advertising the places but if any one wants to know more info please contact me.

You get a Special bike Shop in panchikawathe which has all the parts ( Most of them )

Signal Both Side Front Costed me Rs 900 X 2 = Rs 1800

Front Glass Taiwan = Rs 3000 ( Remember when you buy a New Blade to remove the front upper glass and run with Taiwan Glass because the Original is 15000 Bucks )

Clutch Lever Rs 600

Brake Lever Rs 1200 ( All Taiwan )

Foot Rest ( Used but in very good condition ) Rs 1000)

Brake Pedal Rs 1000 ( Used )

Gear Pedla Rs 1000 ( Used )

My Exhausts is scraped and i searched for new ones, but could not find, so I went and met ANIL the CBR expert and he makes the 250 RR exhausts for 7500 Bucks.

Ordered one and i am getting it on Friday. I still did not get the brake pedal.

PICS OF MY BIKE COMPLETE. I have my own work shop, so the paint for the complete bike costed me Rs 19000( Cost Only ) , But if you are painting i think it would cost around 30000-35000. ( I guess ).

My Total Cost for the New Parts and Paint Costed me around Rs 37000 bucks. :) ( Insured ) :wild:

By the way I have ordered my parts for my other CBR and they are all on the way to SL,

I will let all the biker boys over here on some details. You get lot of parts over here for the CBR, just that try to be carefull with your bike as much as possible because CBR 250s are becoming very rare as the production has been over many years. Very few bikes in Japan as well.

img24010fu.jpg

img24027te.jpg

HEY VELOCITY,

MACHANG HOW CAN I DROP U A MAIL 2 GET SOM INFO ON WHERE 2 BUY SOME SPARES 4 MY CBR? AS CURRENTLY I'M BEING RIPPED OFF :P OR CAN U DROP ME A MAIL @ [email protected] so that i can get in touch with u. Thx.