• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CBR 250RR Repairs

Velocity

Recently my Honda CBR 250 RR had a small love affair with a bus at Grand Pass ( Same user who crashed my beloved 400 RR)

Luckily the damages to the CBR was minimal. Original Fenders were scraped. Front Glass cracked and the signal lights got damaged.

Just as riding is a thrill once you damage your blade or any racing bike you will not sleep.

So i thought Ok i need to get this repaired.

I put the Complete Bike to paint and started findind parts for the bike. I thought it would be really tough but it was not. Just that you need to go to right places. MADZ i am not advertising the places but if any one wants to know more info please contact me.

You get a Special bike Shop in panchikawathe which has all the parts ( Most of them )

Signal Both Side Front Costed me Rs 900 X 2 = Rs 1800

Front Glass Taiwan = Rs 3000 ( Remember when you buy a New Blade to remove the front upper glass and run with Taiwan Glass because the Original is 15000 Bucks )

Clutch Lever Rs 600

Brake Lever Rs 1200 ( All Taiwan )

Foot Rest ( Used but in very good condition ) Rs 1000)

Brake Pedal Rs 1000 ( Used )

Gear Pedla Rs 1000 ( Used )

My Exhausts is scraped and i searched for new ones, but could not find, so I went and met ANIL the CBR expert and he makes the 250 RR exhausts for 7500 Bucks.

Ordered one and i am getting it on Friday. I still did not get the brake pedal.

PICS OF MY BIKE COMPLETE. I have my own work shop, so the paint for the complete bike costed me Rs 19000( Cost Only ) , But if you are painting i think it would cost around 30000-35000. ( I guess ).

My Total Cost for the New Parts and Paint Costed me around Rs 37000 bucks. ;) ( Insured ) :D

By the way I have ordered my parts for my other CBR and they are all on the way to SL,

I will let all the biker boys over here on some details. You get lot of parts over here for the CBR, just that try to be carefull with your bike as much as possible because CBR 250s are becoming very rare as the production has been over many years. Very few bikes in Japan as well.

img24010fu.jpg

img24027te.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the Complete Bike to paint and started findind parts for the bike. I thought it would be really tough but it was not. Just that you need to go to right places. MADZ i am not advertising the places but if any one wants to know more info please contact me.

Velocity why don’t u list down all the good shops which you think is best so that others also find it very useful...let's have an open discussion?

Velocity why don’t u list down all the good shops which you think is best so that others also find it very useful...let's have an open discussion?

Ok Thanks Madz for Permission

TUNING HONDA CBR 250 RR and anything Upper.

Both of these guys are the experts of CBR Tuning in Sri Lanka.

Chaminda - Justin Motors ( In Front Samagam Madura )

Anil - Hill Street ( Also Exhausts also can be purchased Brand New ( Locally Made and Looks really Neat ) Will show pics once i get them

Shops for Bikes Parts.

Gayan Motors Panchikawatthe- Contact Ajith. He will help you out with any part, Bascially owned by Gayan Sandruwan the Famous Fox Hill Champion )

Also for Fairing repairs in Plastic who lives in Malabe. Anuruddha

let me know of any special area to see if i can help you out.

lol must try it out sometime..

learning or saving lol? well the only thing u hav to master is braking...wen to use the front brake n wen to use the rear n wen to use both...im sure ur new tyres will giv u plenty of thrill for now...consider the bike wen ur in for new tyres :blink:

learning or saving lol? well the only thing u hav to master is braking...wen to use the front brake n wen to use the rear n wen to use both...im sure ur new tyres will giv u plenty of thrill for now...consider the bike wen ur in for new tyres :blink:

Ohh I love the new set.. old set is stacked and ready for resale in true Sri Lankan style.

I wish I had a bike.. Ooops cant ride one in the first place ;( Darn.. I love watching 'em race though..

pila we always think its tough to ride a bike. Its totally wrong, My first real bike after my 12 speed was the CBR 250 RR and it was just so easy. One hrs practice is all your need. Honda engines are a beauty.

machan you are not having the greatest luck with the bikes are you.

infact my best friend does not have that much luck, :) he is mostly on weed. thats why.

pila we always think its tough to ride a bike. Its totally wrong, My first real bike after my 12 speed was the CBR 250 RR and it was just so easy. One hrs practice is all your need. Honda engines are a beauty.

Machan you and Shak are giving me too many ideas... :) See I can sell my car.. Buy a Nissan for the day and bike for the night...

Edit: that was a day dream... :o

Machan you and Shak are giving me too many ideas... :) See I can sell my car.. Buy a Nissan for the day and bike for the night...

Edit: that was a day dream... :o

i forgot who i was talkin to...bikes will b harsh on ur back brother...snap out of that dream now! but here's sumthing to ponder on...how temptin is a 0-60mph time of 4.5sec n a 18000 redline? :D

MORE PICS

paintedparts5bt.jpg

paintedpartspanel3ym.jpg

CBR 250 RR with the New Exhausts

<_<

completedsides3wi.jpg

completedfront4mw.jpg

PUT NEW REAR BRAKE PADS ( Japanese Competition) Costed 1500.

Bikes are cheap to maintain and is a good Hobby. Its a pretty cost effective hobby as well.

I have been going around in search of bigger bikes and i am amazed. Today the god Father of Sri Lankan Rule ( I meant the two siblings) are using two 900's. they are so crazy about them and thats really good for the bike culuture in Sri Lanka. Thanks Siblings.

hi guys, i had a cbr250 around 5 years back. used to get it serviced at a place on nawala road, forgot the guys name but the location is opposite the place where they stop sand trucks, there's a lane going up ... heard this anil guy is good, but if u dont know him well i heard that he jacks your ecu. watch out. these r rumours though .. im not v sure.

hi guys, i had a cbr250 around 5 years back. used to get it serviced at a place on nawala road, forgot the guys name but the location is opposite the place where they stop sand trucks, there's a lane going up ... heard this anil guy is good, but if u dont know him well i heard that he jacks your ecu. watch out. these r rumours though .. im not v sure.

it always better to do your own repairs, if you have major problem just go for a one day service and get it done. always better not to leave a bike at any garage.

ummmm, are those the masks? ..... we really should get moving on that .... :action-smiley-060:

Gave a Letter to Mr Vithanage. He has still not contacted me. I can get it done easily. but they dont want to go on papers. this is their problem. can get it done if pictures are not taken. Do you get me, They are a bit reluctant with publicity.