• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Deep Rims

fuzzy

hi guys,

i have a mini classic with 12" mini lites and am considering getting 12" mini deeps. although, people i'v spoken to have discouraged me, citing 6-month replacement of CV joints, etc. i use my mini seven days-a-week averaging 30-40km a day.

my question to our mini experts and the likes, is, what effect, both negative and positive, would using 12" deeps have on my car, the driving experience and fuel efficiency. also, how is the tire availability for a typical set of tires that would fit the 12" deeps?

as always, your input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

fuzzy

hi guys,

i have a mini classic with 12" mini lites and am considering getting 12" mini deeps. although, people i'v spoken to have discouraged me, citing 6-month replacement of CV joints, etc. i use my mini seven days-a-week averaging 30-40km a day.

my question to our mini experts and the likes, is, what effect, both negative and positive, would using 12" deeps have on my car, the driving experience and fuel efficiency. also, how is the tire availability for a typical set of tires that would fit the 12" deeps?

as always, your input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

fuzzy

deep rims means higher offset and therefore weight/force applied on the hub will be higher ( force * length from the pivoting position). However I don't see an impact on the CV joints but the hub bearings and other suspension parts takes the weight or rather increased force.

• 2 weeks later...