• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Riffle Association

fatjoe

This mite be lil odd. Do we have any AL members who are members of Riffle Association or any Shooting club. I know there are branches in N'eliya and Negambo. Does any one know how to get the membership?? I think like most of the Sports governing bodies in Sri Lanka even Riffle association is also under an Interim Committee.

Edited by fatjoe

you talking about air rifles or the real deal?

a certain somebody i know own two air rifles... one diana 0.177 and a chinese made 0.22 that truly packs a punch. :P

so far only targets have been AAA batteries at distance over a few pints of beer!

MiniAce might know something about this with his background with the forces!

a certain somebody i know own two air rifles... one diana 0.177 and a chinese made 0.22 that truly packs a punch. :P

so far only targets have been AAA batteries at distance over a few pints of beer!

hey my dad has a single barrel shotgun(with permit) and a couple of air rifles...two indian diana 0.17 and BSA .22 with a scope...dont think he's in any club though

I'm not too sure whether they use only air riffles or modified ones. But I can remember there was a governing body for the sport. Most members were from the forces I guess. Also they had a shooting range in N'eliya and built a new one in Welisara navy base.

For air riffles U don't need licence rite?

Don, ur dad mite know abt those clubs though he's not a member.

I believe that you could find some of these rare clubs housed in the Race Course premises. Not sure if the rifle club is there tough but worth a try.

Some time ago I wanted to join the Archery club, but it seemed like a secret society that I could never find and so I lost interest even though I went for a few private lessons that I thoroughly enjoyed.

okay I asked him...has no clue whatsoever,only vague ideas,I wont bother you with those...figures,coz he inherited the shot gun permit through grandad and the air rifles were mostly gifts,so no real passion for it like cars...plus he only shoots things that are alive and eatable :lol:

an old skool winchester repeater with unbearable recoil? :rolleyes: if so its a tru classic.. thmbs up

I believe that you could find some of these rare clubs housed in the Race Course premises. Not sure if the rifle club is there tough but worth a try.

Some time ago I wanted to join the Archery club, but it seemed like a secret society that I could never find and so I lost interest even though I went for a few private lessons that I thoroughly enjoyed.

One of our previous clients was a member of this archery club :)

so if you're really interested, i might be able to get some info for you

There were two main clubs where one could shoot in Colombo - One operates from Sugathadasa Stadium

You need to enroll & pay a nominal free and from there on in you get to use their equipment , but you need to have your own arrows.

There was another outfit operating from Race Course - i'm not sure if its they who have now moved to the BMICH.

Furthermore the Colombo Archery School operates from CR...

http://www.archery.lk/

Any information about Shooting? Ripper, If you get get some details from the person that'll be great.

Don't know how accurate this info is.. but hope this helps..

The National Rifle Association of Sri Lanka is the controlling body of sport shooting in Sri Lanka. The NRA has under its purview several disciplines of sport shooting including the newly affiliated sport of Metallic Silhouette shooting. The inaugural Big bore and Small bore rifle Metallic Silhouette Shooting National Meet was conducted in 2002 . This meet was an immense success with more than 220 entries in total for both disciplines. Sri Lanka has approximately 300 Silhouette Shooters who are keen in Big bore rifle, Small bore rifle and Small bore pistol shooting. At the moment all disciplines of Metallic Silhouette shooting will be conducted and governed by the NRA of Sri Lanka.

National Delegate for All Metallic Silhouette Shooting in Sri Lanka

Name : Shanaka Perera

e-mail : [email protected]

Mobile : +94 77 7 307 550

Phone : +94 1 925005

Snail mail : 121/3 Ragama Road,

Kadawatha

Sri Lanka

Don, ur dad mite know abt those clubs though he's not a member.

okay I asked him...has no clue whatsoever,only vague ideas,I wont bother you with those...figures,coz he inherited the shot gun permit through grandad and the air rifles were mostly gifts,so no real passion for it like cars...plus he only shoots things that are alive and eatable :lol:

Edited by MasterDon

Hahahahahah. Why Waste a Bullet eh. Anyway thanks Don.

Thanks rattler81 for the information.

Edited by fatjoe