• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Morris Minor Engine

rameez

HI,

I have this craze to get a Japanese engine fitted into a morris minor and use it as a daily runner.I would also like to have AC ,and this should be done with minimum cutting and chopping.I mean I would love to have the original shape of the minor.A friend of mine told me that minor parts are manufactured in srilanka, is this true.Anybody having a minor and what are the issues with regard to parts and maintenance.

rameez

The Toyata Corrolla KE20,KE50,KE55 engines can be put in a Morris Minor engine bay with the minimum of hassle,I am familiar with a Minor with a KE20 engine replacement and wide nissan sunny suspension and it goes like hell...having said that I believe the Minor's initial charm and it's value as a mass produced classic will be taken away by putting in a jap engine.

For Moris Minor engine and body parts go to Kurruppu Motors or Sumana Motors at panchikawatte...PM me if you want the contact details.

The Toyata Corrolla KE20,KE50,KE55 engines can be put in a Morris Minor engine bay with the minimum of hassle,I am familiar with a Minor with a KE20 engine replacement and wide nissan sunny suspension and it goes like hell...having said that I believe the Minor's initial charm and it's value as a mass produced classic will be taken away by putting in a jap engine.

For Moris Minor engine and body parts go to Kurruppu Motors or Sumana Motors at panchikawatte...PM me if you want the contact details.

MasterDon! however aren't those engines also quite old ,,,,and will be there parts for them.The reason why i want to change the engine is that the original cannot even take you upto 80KMPH ....which would be not worthy in todays standards.How about a march K11 engine.........but that is front wheel drive right.................

MasterDon! however aren't those engines also quite old ,,,,and will be there parts for them.The reason why i want to change the engine is that the original cannot even take you upto 80KMPH ....which would be not worthy in todays standards.How about a march K11 engine.........but that is front wheel drive right.................

Im sure a minor engine would be able to get to 80km/h given enough time that is :rolleyes: . My personal view is that putting in a jap engine would ruin the classic feel of the car. Im quite against modifications like that but thats just my personal opinion.

Im sure if you put new engine and modify the suspension and brakes it will go like stink!!

Edited by maliths

Its never easy to swap with a front wheel driven engine.Loads of mods involve.Best as MasterDon mentioned 1300cc 3K-C engines mostly found on E30-E50 varients are best for the swap.You need suspension and diff mods/replacements.

MINIACE

It's done a lot in the UK with the Fiat Twin Cams, Rover K series and even Rover V8s.

......Don't forget to upgrade the suspension and brakes as well. I see lots of mods done to old cars only focused towards the engine and looks (usually hideous). But this can be very unsafe.

There was a time I thought about a Minor Low-rider as well.

Found these sites that might be inspirational.

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/

http://www.minormania.com/feature.php?id=2125&catid=756

http://www.jlhmorrisminors.co.uk/index.php

Have fun!

It's done a lot in the UK with the Fiat Twin Cams, Rover K series and even Rover V8s.

......Don't forget to upgrade the suspension and brakes as well. I see lots of mods done to old cars only focused towards the engine and looks (usually hideous). But this can be very unsafe

Found these sites that might be inspirational.

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/

The Morris Minor pickup on that website is simply beautiful!!

Its never easy to swap with a front wheel driven engine.Loads of mods involve.Best as MasterDon mentioned 1300cc 3K-C engines mostly found on E30-E50 varients are best for the swap.You need suspension and diff mods/replacements.

MINIACE

anybody knows about the parts availability of KE 20, KE50.....etc , toyota engines in srilanka.Is it easy to find,no point in having a car and swapping an engine that gives you further trouble. How much will one be approximately.where can we get one.

• 4 years later...

Sorry for hijacking the thread after four years. Rameez, did u replace the engine with a Japanese one? Can anybody give me a rough cost of Japanese engine swap with suspension, brakes and other modifications needed for a jp' engine replacement?

Sorry for hijacking the thread after four years. Rameez, did u replace the engine with a Japanese one? Can anybody give me a rough cost of Japanese engine swap with suspension, brakes and other modifications needed for a jp' engine replacement?
fatjoe are you gona bring MM ?