• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Waxing/polishing Machine

rangerover

Guys,

Is there any place in Sri lanka i can buy a waxing/polishing (handheld) machine to wax my car? I have seen so many on ebay, but either with crazy shipping prices or no shipping option to SL. The machine it self is around Rs. 5000

have you tried browns? they're sole agents for Makita

Guys,

Is there any place in Sri lanka i can buy a waxing/polishing (handheld) machine to wax my car? I have seen so many on ebay, but either with crazy shipping prices or no shipping option to SL. The machine it self is around Rs. 5000

Wurth Tools @ Nawala

There is a joint opposite the Tigo centre down duplication road in Bamba called Supun super centre - they get lots of stuff from Dubai - think they had a few for about 3k+

Cheers,

Oh is that so? wow, need to give it a try. Makita is a professional cut and polish machine, hence is quite pricey.

has anyone tried this??

haven't tried the same but i've tried different "accessories" on the drill... in my experience it's a lil awkward to hold and use something like that as opposed to a specially designed tool like a buffer or a grinder etc...

besides i doubt that ball gadget is available in SL :)

haven't tried the same but i've tried different "accessories" on the drill... in my experience it's a lil awkward to hold and use something like that as opposed to a specially designed tool like a buffer or a grinder etc...

besides i doubt that ball gadget is available in SL :)

Ebay has some good deals. But its always better to go for an orbitary polisher, if not the heat caused might damage the paint, if u r not experienced

Ebay has some good deals. But its always better to go for an orbitary polisher, if not the heat caused might damage the paint, if u r not experienced

the hitch with ebay on these things is that if you're not buying a known brand with some reputation...you really don't know the quality of things.

nothing like getting to hold these things yourself and get a gauge of things...

supun super centre has some funky stuff on and off and is a good joint to start the hunt...

even like somebody else said...hunters too have not only known mainstream brands bit also the cheaper chinese ones...

i've bought a 2500 bucks drill and and a 3500 jigsaw and works like a charm to date :)

All you need is a angle grinder with the proper attachment. You can get an angle grinder at almost any hardware shop. The head attachements Im not sure how easily available they are in SL.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PACK-CAR-POLISHING...=item2c4ce5585f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW180mm-Lambs-Wool-...=item35a073e882

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUBBER-BACKING-PAD-1...=item5ad39eef82

See picture here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-ULTIMATE-CA...=item2a04d8c9d7

I got a makita orbital polisher/buffer from the shop adjacent to the building material corparation as I do most of the painting stuff on my cars...an excellant machine I couldnt do with out...but if you only need it for the one car you wax/polish once in awhile,then the angle grinder attachment should be more then enough,but beware of swirl marks...

I got a makita orbital polisher/buffer from the shop adjacent to the building material corparation as I do most of the painting stuff on my cars...an excellant machine I couldnt do with out...but if you only need it for the one car you wax/polish once in awhile,then the angle grinder attachment should be more then enough,but beware of swirl marks...

I was under the impression that swirl marks are a result of hand waxing. Would an orbitary machine avoid it? how could you wax without causing swirls?

I was under the impression that swirl marks are a result of hand waxing. Would an orbitary machine avoid it? how could you wax without causing swirls?

Yes,The machine too CAN cause swirl marks...with the angle grinders awkward angle coupled with the heat generated by it and concentrating on a single point too much due to in-expeirience can cause swirl marks OR worse it can eat through the paint itself,especially if the paint is new and "uncut".

Even if you do get a dedicated buffer/polish machine I strongly suggest you get used to it first before trying it out on the car.

• 8 years later...