• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Bandit V 250

Fiat

Hey Guys!

Please give me your input on the following & any extras are very much welcome!

Anyone have good experience with this bike? What are the pros & cons of the bike? why some say the CARB is difficult to tune? and what would be the fuel consumption, horsepower, availability of spares for this bike? Also what would be the price range?

Thanks in advance guys!

Hey Guys!

Please give me your input on the following & any extras are very much welcome!

Anyone have good experience with this bike? What are the pros & cons of the bike? why some say the CARB is difficult to tune? and what would be the fuel consumption, horsepower, availability of spares for this bike? Also what would be the price range?

Thanks in advance guys!

dunno a lot about this model but heard little complaints from friends who have owned it.

multi pot engined carbs are anyway a little difficult to tune as opposed to single pot motors...

being a 4 stroke 250cc bike i'm sure it's not too bad with fuel but that too depends on how you ride :)

i've never had very good fuel numbers on bikes since i really rev up before changing gears...

sadly don't know much to answer the rest of your question but Shamitz might be able to shed some light on suzis in general

dunno a lot about this model but heard little complaints from friends who have owned it.

multi pot engined carbs are anyway a little difficult to tune as opposed to single pot motors...

being a 4 stroke 250cc bike i'm sure it's not too bad with fuel but that too depends on how you ride :)

i've never had very good fuel numbers on bikes since i really rev up before changing gears...

sadly don't know much to answer the rest of your question but Shamitz might be able to shed some light on suzis in general

As a bike lover and a biker by nature I have a weakness for powerful bikes. Hornets are quite pricy these days, although I'd love to have one. The Bandit fits just right with the price for me to run on a daily basis with a little bit of power and a revvy music to enjoy the ride. I've seen a couple of Bandits for sale and they look modest to me compared to other bikes in it's class.

Although I have set my heart on a Bandit (also known as a hooligan in some countries) I need details like spares and common problems associated with it..

As a bike lover and a biker by nature I have a weakness for powerful bikes. Hornets are quite pricy these days, although I'd love to have one. The Bandit fits just right with the price for me to run on a daily basis with a little bit of power and a revvy music to enjoy the ride. I've seen a couple of Bandits for sale and they look modest to me compared to other bikes in it's class.

Although I have set my heart on a Bandit (also known as a hooligan in some countries) I need details like spares and common problems associated with it..

when i bought my honda XR long years ago.... being a honda even that too didn't have spares in SL at the time.

Ther first set of sprockets i wore off had to be brought down from abroad...

so i suppose bandits not having a huge volume based market here might not have free availability of spares...

I was considering buying a Suzi DRZ instead of the XR cos that seemed to be powerful and even looked a lot cooler but gave up on it simply due to the perceived fear of not having spares and the vicious cycle that continues afterwards :)

Hornets, cibbies and yammies have much more market appeal hence the jack up of the price...

but i'm sure if you have the patience to look around...you might be able to find a good deal on one...

good luck :)

I dont have much knowledge on street fighter machines like bandits & hornets.

So I asked a Bandit V owner :) The going rate for these are 150,000 to 160,000 rupees. According to my info source, his Bandit never had any issues.

The fuel consumption was somewhere around 16Km-18Km per litre.

Hope that helps

cheers

when i bought my honda XR long years ago.... being a honda even that too didn't have spares in SL at the time.

Ther first set of sprockets i wore off had to be brought down from abroad...

so i suppose bandits not having a huge volume based market here might not have free availability of spares...

I was considering buying a Suzi DRZ instead of the XR cos that seemed to be powerful and even looked a lot cooler but gave up on it simply due to the perceived fear of not having spares and the vicious cycle that continues afterwards :)

Hornets, cibbies and yammies have much more market appeal hence the jack up of the price...

but i'm sure if you have the patience to look around...you might be able to find a good deal on one...

good luck :)

Thanks Ripper...

• 1 year later...

Thanks everybody for your inputs.. I think I have enough info to make a decision..

Well if you still need the feedback.Suzuki bandit is kind of the most troublesome bike in the 4 cylinder market ,because the carburettors are really big stuck ups and bandits here are mostly from 1989 onwards i guess so the bandit v is 1996 ,which is a good bike considered to the normal bandit,but still second hand market is really low and people are giving up on these bikes so if you got dough go far a Honda jade black or nickel meter no big difference way better than the bandits and more efficient to use

yes 4 pot carbs are somewhat hard to live with..

also look for a spada 250 if you can find one

I think the spada will be a better buy than the Bandit :)

I my self owned a Bandit 250 & had loads of problems with its carbs, Rectifier, etc.... so my recommendation is go for a Spada, CB4, XJR or a Jade

yes 4 pot carbs are somewhat hard to live with..

also look for a spada 250 if you can find one

I think the spada will be a better buy than the Bandit :)

I my self owned a Bandit 250 & had loads of problems with its carbs, Rectifier, etc.... so my recommendation is go for a Spada, CB4, XJR or a Jade