• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula-1 2010

miniace

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Petrov crashed again at free practice in Brazil.goddam pay drivers!...I hope guys like him,Chandok and Yamamoto would bugger off and let someone who can really race take their seat...

And speaking of pay drivers...Anyone remember Taki Inoue?... :lol:

Edited by MasterDon

Heard Petrov crashed again at free practice in Brazil.goddam pay drivers!...I hope guys like him,Chandok and Yamamoto would bugger off and let someone who can really race take their seat...

And speaking of pay drivers...Anyone remember Taki Inoue?... :lol:

That's pretty uncharitable considering that Petrov was runner-up in GP2 last year and Chandhok has won at Spa in GP2 and last year was leading the Monaco GP2 race by a country mile when a suspension component collapsed. You don't run well at classic tracks like Spa and Monaco unless you have considerable talent. Even Yamamoto hasn't been off the pace set by Bruno Senna, an acknowledged qualifying lap master and another GP2 star who would have driven last year's championship winning car had Honda not pulled the plug.

Unfortunately, with the increases in costs of running F1 teams, sponsorship is going to play an unfairly large part even at the sharp end - didn't Alonso's Ferrari deal hinge on Santander paying for him, much like Marlboro did with Michael? But I think over the next few years as the costs of operation are decreased you'll find that teams will be less likely to ask drivers to bring sponsorship.

Also, Petrov's accident was caused by an F-duct failure robbing him of downforce, so it wasn't his fault he crashed.

Really pathetic when people post with nothing valuable to say.. Anyway Williams managed their first pole in 5 years.. Hopefully this will seal Hulkenberg's future with Williams. Good luck to the team!!!

Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3 1. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:20.050 1:19.144 1:14.470 2. Vettel R*D B*LL-Renault 1:19.160 1:18.691 1:15.519 3. Webber R*D B*LL-Renault 1:19.025 1:18.516 1:15.637 4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.931 1:18.921 1:15.747 5. Alonso Ferrari 1:18.987 1:19.010 1:15.989 6. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:19.799 1:18.925 1:16.203 7. Kubica Renault 1:19.249 1:18.877 1:16.552 8. Schumacher Mercedes 1:19.879 1:18.923 1:16.925 9. Massa Ferrari 1:19.778 1:19.200 1:17.101 10. Petrov Renault 1:20.189 1:19.153 1:17.656 11. Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.905 1:19.288 12. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:19.741 1:19.385 13. Rosberg Mercedes 1:20.153 1:19.486 14. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:20.158 1:19.581 15. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:20.096 1:19.847 16. Heidfeld Sauber-Ferrari 1:20.174 1:19.899 17. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:20.592 1:20.357 18. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:20.830 19. Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:22.130 20. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:22.250 21. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:22.378 22. di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:22.810 23. Klien HRT-Cosworth 1:23.083 24. Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:23.796

wow! talk about valuable pieces of information :rolleyes:

Well Elvis' post did contain information of value, unlike the one which said, Quote "What the hulk?" or the one thats been quoted here.

Anyway, turned out to be an interesting race. Unfortunate that Hulkenberg couldnt capitalize on the pole position. R*D B*LL wrapped up the constructor's title and now we have a three horse race going into the Abu Dhabi Finale. All in all, has been quite an interesting season.

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

The Brazilian Grand Prix

Interlagos, Sao Paulo, Brazil;

71 laps; 305.909km;

Weather: Sunny.

Classified:

Pos Driver Team Time

1. Vettel R*D B*LL-Renault 1h33:11.803

2. Webber R*D B*LL-Renault + 4.243

3. Alonso Ferrari + 6.807

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 14.634

5. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 15.593

6. Rosberg Mercedes + 35.300

7. Schumacher Mercedes + 43.400

8. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth + 1 lap

9. Kubica Renault + 1 lap

10. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari + 1 lap

11. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1 lap

12. Sutil Force India-Mercedes + 1 lap

13. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1 lap

14. Massa Ferrari + 1 lap

15. Petrov Renault + 1 lap

16. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth + 1 lap

17. Heidfeld Sauber-Ferrari + 1 lap

18. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth + 2 laps

19. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth + 2 laps

20. Glock Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps

21. Senna HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps

22. Klien HRT-Cosworth + 6 laps

Fastest lap: Hamilton, 1:13.851

Not classified/retirements:

Driver Team On lap

Di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 63

Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 50

World Championship standings, round 18:

Drivers: Constructors:

1. Alonso 246 1. R*D B*LL-Renault 469

2. Webber 238 2. McLaren-Mercedes 421

3. Vettel 231 3. Ferrari 389

4. Hamilton 222 4. Mercedes 202

5. Button 199 5. Renault 145

6. Massa 143 6. Williams-Cosworth 69

7. Rosberg 130 7. Force India-Mercedes 68

8. Kubica 126 8. Sauber-Ferrari 44

9. Schumacher 72 9. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 11

10. Barrichello 47

11. Sutil 47

12. Kobayashi 32

13. Hulkenberg 22

14. Liuzzi 21

15. Petrov 19

16. Buemi 8

17. De la Rosa 6

18. Heidfeld 6

19. Alguersuari 3

Race report

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88034

Edited by Supra_Natural

At this stage of the season- Hulkenberg could not have expected really to hold of the charging top runners. The positive thing is that he fought hard the whole race, showed a lot a maturity in preserving the car and brought in valuable points to take Williams ahead of ForceIndia in the Constructors. So it was a good weekend for the team- with Rubens showing good pace but- just too unlucky.

Ferrari have to be commended really for a well managed season though- Massa's Hungry sacrifice has proved to be invaluable in Alonso's title chances this week.

Have to respect the Bulls as well for ensuring that the title hunt remains 'natural' between their Drivers-And boils down to the better Driver and not team orders.

Good race! Glad to see Williams atleast getting a pole position this season.Must have made old man Williams very happy.

@KLM Ofcourse they are not hopeless as some of the past pay drivers.But is is understood that all three drivers are there because of the backing from their respective regions,in Petrov's case PM Putin himself was instrumental in getting him an F1 seat this year.Mind some of the best on the grid currently started off as pay drivers(Schumacher,Alonso,Hamilton,Kobayashi...) So I better be careful before putting any of the rookies down. :)

Speaking of Putin.here's him driving a Renault racer after signing a deal to host F1 race with Bernie last week.

Good race! Glad to see Williams atleast getting a pole position this season.Must have made old man Williams very happy.

@KLM Ofcourse they are not hopeless as some of the past pay drivers.But is is understood that all three drivers are there because of the backing from their respective regions,in Petrov's case PM Putin himself was instrumental in getting him an F1 seat this year.Mind some of the best on the grid currently started off as pay drivers(Schumacher,Alonso,Hamilton,Kobayashi...) So I better be careful before putting any of the rookies down. :)

Speaking of Putin.here's him driving a Renault racer after signing a deal to host F1 race with Bernie last week.

LOL, Putin is such a stud and also such a bastard at the same time. He actually had nothing to do with Petrov - his dad coughed up the money himself and hoped that some Russian corporates would help 'buy back' the sponsorship space he had with Renault. Putin only got involved with inking with Sochi GP deal.

Yamamoto's mum is apparently paying about USD 450K a race for his seat but for Chandhok, his 'sponsors' the Jaypee Group only showed up on the side of the HRT after he had been dropped. However, its understood that Bernie backed his drive for the first half of the year.

Alonso/Hamilton/Kobayashi - NONE of them were pay-drivers. Alonso was a Briatore protege and was placed at Minardi before Renault hired him, Hamilton was a McLaren Young Driver and had been groomed to take a race-seat from the time he was 11 and Kobayashi was Toyota test driver before he was promoted to the race-team at the end of last year. Sure, he had that role because Toyota wanted a Japanese but he wasn't exactly a pay-driver just because Toyota put him in the car for 2 races.

Sure, Mercedes paid USD 150K for Michael's first Jordan drive at Spa in '91 but that was because they were evaluating him for their impending F1 return with Sauber (later changed to McLaren). Little did they that it would take 19 years for that deal to come to fruition. :)

LOL, Putin is such a stud and also such a bastard at the same time. He actually had nothing to do with Petrov - his dad coughed up the money himself and hoped that some Russian corporates would help 'buy back' the sponsorship space he had with Renault. Putin only got involved with inking with Sochi GP deal.

Yamamoto's mum is apparently paying about USD 450K a race for his seat but for Chandhok, his 'sponsors' the Jaypee Group only showed up on the side of the HRT after he had been dropped. However, its understood that Bernie backed his drive for the first half of the year.

Alonso/Hamilton/Kobayashi - NONE of them were pay-drivers. Alonso was a Briatore protege and was placed at Minardi before Renault hired him, Hamilton was a McLaren Young Driver and had been groomed to take a race-seat from the time he was 11 and Kobayashi was Toyota test driver before he was promoted to the race-team at the end of last year. Sure, he had that role because Toyota wanted a Japanese but he wasn't exactly a pay-driver just because Toyota put him in the car for 2 races.

Sure, Mercedes paid USD 150K for Michael's first Jordan drive at Spa in '91 but that was because they were evaluating him for their impending F1 return with Sauber (later changed to McLaren). Little did they that it would take 19 years for that deal to come to fruition. :)

I humbly stand corrected.I just remember reading somewhere that lewis/alonso got their seat as a pay driver at gp2 or the renault formula series thats all,my sources must be flawed. :)

Well Elvis' post did contain information of value, unlike the one which said, Quote "What the hulk?" or the one thats been quoted here.

Anyway, turned out to be an interesting race. Unfortunate that Hulkenberg couldnt capitalize on the pole position. R*D B*LL wrapped up the constructor's title and now we have a three horse race going into the Abu Dhabi Finale. All in all, has been quite an interesting season.

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

yah right. stating the obvious and copy pasting qualifying results that is all over internet is a very valuable piece of information LMAO. oh! wait. you seem to do no better than copy paste widely available race results your self too. so i understand your sentiments here very well.

watch out guys. watch this space for super exclusive hot hot race results and qualifying results!

it is ironic how one can admire RBR for not employing team orders while admiring ferrari for employing the same. the only reason why RBR let their duo race on track is becuase vettel is not leading. i wonder what RBR attitude would be if vettel was leading. i think vettel not letting through webber this time would possibly have grave consquences on the championship for webber. how hard was it to anticipate the out come of this race and have had vettel pre-programmed to make the let by move look natural.

it is ironic how one can admire RBR for not employing team orders while admiring ferrari for employing the same. the only reason why RBR let their duo race on track is becuase vettel is not leading. i wonder what RBR attitude would be if vettel was leading. i think vettel not letting through webber this time would possibly have grave consquences on the championship for webber. how hard was it to anticipate the out come of this race and have had vettel pre-programmed to make the let by move look natural.

bit confused here. If vettel WAS leading the championship at the point of the race in brazil, there'd be no need to even think about team orders; BRB would have simply let the race go on as it did.

Your argument is based on the premise that RBR is applying a team-order... they are NOT doing it(at least on paper).

Actually copy and paste information has a higher value than a particular member's handful of sentences and wonderings. How someone of no consequence can speculate on the inner workings of an F1 team is really hilarious to say the least. As a racing team RBR's first priority has always been the Constructo'rs championship. History dictates that this is mostly the case for most other teams as well- Which is probably why Mclaren also continued to let their Drivers 'race'. Ferrari on the hand knew early on that the constructors championship is not going to work out- so they might as well put all their eggs in the Drivers Championship basket. Plusthere would have been added incentive from Santander to see their boy Nando win the title.

bit confused here. If vettel WAS leading the championship at the point of the race in brazil, there'd be no need to even think about team orders; BRB would have simply let the race go on as it did.

Your argument is based on the premise that RBR is applying a team-order... they are NOT doing it(at least on paper).

what if vettel was leading the championship but not the race (like webber was in reality)? that is obviously what i was on about. in case you want proof about what might have happened look no further than 2010 british gp where vettel was favored on basis that he was leading the championship. have you forgotten how webber was treated in 2010 turkish gp? people seem to have very short memories.

what if vettel was leading the championship but not the race (like webber was in reality)? that is obviously what i was on about. in case you want proof about what might have happened look no further than 2010 british gp where vettel was favored on basis that he was leading the championship. have you forgotten how webber was treated in 2010 turkish gp? people seem to have very short memories.

ashamed to say, but I dont recall the incidents about the british/turkish GPs. what happened?

I humbly stand corrected.I just remember reading somewhere that lewis/alonso got their seat as a pay driver at gp2 or the renault formula series thats all,my sources must be flawed. :)

That's the sad part about top-level motorsport - all drivers need to pay for their drives or bring sponsorship when running in the junior series' and although ability still counts for a lot, deep pockets help.

ashamed to say, but I dont recall the incidents about the british/turkish GPs. what happened?

british gp: new parts that were in short supply were "taken off from webber's car" and fitted onto vettel's.

turkish gp: webber was leading the race and then webber's engine was set to run on a less aggreesive set up, soon afterwards vettel would try to overtake webber in a stupid manner causing a collision. RBR, especially helmut marcko would issue statements favoring vettel over webber over the incident.

this is not imagination, these are facts. i wonder how many of you believe honest to your heart that there is equality within RBR.

I really fail to see where there was Driver favoritism in the Turkish GP- Watchman? All I can gather is that one car (Webber) was nursed/ tuned down by the Driver due to a fuel consumption issue - and then there was an avoidable accident. As is the case in most accidents- every one will have an opinion about it and RB managed the PR badly thereafter.

Really some people need to focus on the racing and not try make a soap opera out of everything.. <sigh> Too much Bollywood and not enough intellect IMHO

Edited by Elvis_Pil

I guess if one has nothing intelligent to say, one might as well state something someone else has said...very wise.

This is amusing: as people find it funny that their BS opinions are are not accepted as the actual and their representation of facts is rather a rendition, than actual. So I feel obliged to cut and paste the following..

Quote from grandprix.com

"It seems that at the pace the race was being run and a fight to the flag with the McLarens in prospect, there was concern about fuel consumption. Webber likely knew from his dash readings that he needed to turn down his engine, whereas Vettel, who had not run in clean air at any stage, probably had a bit extra and knew that he was in a position to make a move"

I think it was established at the time that Vettel had saved one lap worth of fuel so he could run rich in order to attempt a pass while at the same time Webber couldn't do the same because he was marginally short. As much as Webber has whinged this season and Vettel is the definite future of RBR, Christian Horner and Adrian Newey have in all probability been as fair as possible with the two under very challenging circumstances. Even the Silverstone incident - what do you do when you have 1 new-spec wing and 2 drivers? Of course one party will feel aggrieved but that's just human nature.