• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka Security Situation

ash

to add to that...wat makes ppl think that if the north n east r given to them that they wont come back for the rest of the country

why IF... don't be fooled bro.. north and east are pretty much theirs... no 2 words about it

but if you look at some of their systems in place, they are quite good. like their tax structure and some laws are some that we could use as well....

thing is that since the area that they control is small, they can keep all these rules and no one will bend them. the minute they become bigger... they too will have the same issue of corruption etc.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thing is that since the area that they control is small, they can keep all these rules and no one will bend them. the minute they become bigger... they too will have the same issue of corruption etc.

Yes indeed machan. It is also a rule of terror under a dictator. Once democracy kicks in, along with election oriented planning/promises etc., it will start showing the same characteristics seen in the other parts of the country.

Here's a plan ...

a. Buggers get what they want and create a seperate independent state.

b. Greedy ass morons then decide to come back for the rest of the country.

c. "News Flash"!!! This isn't a civil war anymore. It is a diplomatic incident involving one state 'invading' another.

d. The international community 'WILL' be involved and with their help, Sri Lanka can wipe the pseudo-state off the map and reclaim what is hers (or share it with the allied forces) :D

These type of things have happened in the history and history has a funny way of repeating itself ... Wishful thinking on my part :alc:

and give you a free sti ?????

in my previous post thats also inlcuded by saying " but IMO , the ultimate truth comes to simple question, Do you give up your country for some gain at some stock indexes or some private gain ? "

You will dream about a paradise but those LTTE's will dont give a he!! about you or me or even good tamil people.

if they take control one of the first thing they will do will be kill all enemeys(just as they does now) and rape all girls and get our sisters and mothers for their slavery.

quote =monamonu "Free lady slaves and dancing girls.. .. " :action-smiley-060:

war maybe good it will f**k the economy in the other hand our politikko already f**king the economy. so no worries either way.

as long as no bombing and terrorist attacks peace would be great

I recall my self posting long political threads back in the days of 2005 presidential election. now i have a very simple things to say.(might be a bit long anyway)

"ur people got it all wrong in the 2005 election, Mr. Ranil Wickremasinghe laid out a clear vision with regard to the problem, he proposed a "federal state" make no mistake about it, it is dubbed "federal" not "confederate", so definitely it's not gonna be two countries at all.

the international community, even the tigers found this acceptable, but then our stingy people happen to turn him down, with him the last hope 4 a peaceful end to this crisis.

Sri Lankan shall hardly let tigers win a seperate state, nor the Sri Lankans can curb the LTTE in full, it's a deadlock, the deciding factor is gonna be international community. and the international community in large finds "Federal State" as a very fair solution.

WE ARE STILL GONNA END UP WITH A FEDERAL STATE ANYWAY, BUT NOW AFTER A PAINFUL BLOODY WAR, THAT SEES NO END. OUR PEOPLE LET GO THE EASY WAY OF SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

/itz fair to someone to ask "Why did the tigers still try to defeat Ranil, if they found the federal state acceptabel" my answer would be as follows...

a federal state requires a clear MANDATE from an outright majority of the sinhalese people, because even a federal state will yield proper rights to the Tamils only if it's supported by future leaders of this country, so if people are against the federal state, chances are high that after a leadership change the Tamils will again be deprived of their rights. I am sure ltte does not want that to happen after they hand over their arms.

/having said all that i still find LTTE as enemies of peace, but we should be more tactful and intelligent in dealing with terrorists.

I find it so amusing how people can write pages and pages on politics! (Even on this site) Does anyone give a sh*t? I dont. I just turn to the news,sports & markets page.

I'm with u. Political Science was my class to sleep thru for the A/Ls. I wonder how Andy manages to put up with it! :blink: Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Machang, i suggest we have another forum place for "Politics"

I suggest keeping politics out of AutoLanka unless its to do with cars. There are other mediums and forums to discuss that sorta thing on the web. Lets try to focus here on the cars.

BBC is conducting a "Have your say" section for recent bombing in Colombo. Pro-tiger sri lankans living abroad are using this to white wash the bloody tigers.

Now, it's your responsibility as true Sri Lankans, to take part in this have your say and express the "REALITY" to the international community.

It's your National Responsibility.

Pass this to all Sri Lankans.

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20060426041501

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Mirror 11th may 05'

-----

Bullet proof cars for VIPs under LTTE threat

In the wake of the LTTE’s recent suicide attack on Army Commander Sarath Fonseka, the government is to import nine bullet proof cars for the exclusive use of ministers and dignitaries who are said to be under Tiger threat.

According to reliable government sources the nine brand new armour-plated Mercedes Benz S 300 cars each costing Rs. 120 million has been ordered from Germany.

The sources said two cars have been already airlifted to the country through local agents, Diesel and Motor Engineering Company (D*MO).

They said the rest of the shipment would arrive on Sunday aboard the German Cargo airline, Lufthansa