• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka Security Situation

ash

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad thing about this whole bulletproof thing is that out of the 9 cars coming, probabaly only about 2 or 3 are actually bulletproof, the others are probabaly normal cars. someone might be making a huge amount on this deal as well

sale price............ Rs. 15,000,000 (approx)

Gov Paying ........ RS.120,000,000

the sad thing about this whole bulletproof thing is that out of the 9 cars coming, probabaly only about 2 or 3 are actually bulletproof, the others are probabaly normal cars. someone might be making a huge amount on this deal as well

chances are we are going to see a couple of more Ferraris and may be even an odd lambo on our roads.What an eye pleasing sight that would be for the general public...........At least that would be the brighter side of this whole saga ;);)

Fuzzo, u realy think they can cheat like that?

machan who's gonna check???

you and i arent gonna go tapping on the glass to see if tis bulletproof.... hell we might not be allowed within 30 feet of it :D

chances are we are going to see a couple of more Ferraris and may be even an odd lambo on our roads.What an eye pleasing sight that would be for the general public...........At least that would be the brighter side of this whole saga ;);)

how are ferarris related to this.. this is Govment (people's) Money we're talking....

if a person wants to bring down a ferarri its upto him....its his money, no matter how much we think its a waste ....

how are ferarris related to this.. this is Govment (people's) Money we're talking....

if a person wants to bring down a ferarri its upto him....its his money, no matter how much we think its a waste ....

i think what milinda tried to say was the people who bagged the lion share of this deal will bring a ferraris and lambos in the future

Dilesh, how can I put this down in words mmmmm.........All I can say is that you are bit thick.Well take KLM's advice and read some newspapers that might help you to improve your common sense and general knowledge.

Hi,

As far as bullet proff vehicles go, personally I do not see why people can put to good use existing bullet proof vehicles, I mean everytime a government comes to power they buy a new lot, and the old lot must be somewhere probably parked in some ex ministers garrage .....

But no point even discussing this I guess, cos though we are in a supposed democracy its not like anybody really cares for the views of the people or their interests for that matter, I think its our fault in a way because we keep ellecting the same lot !

But for the sake of everybody including us motor enthusiasts, I hope peace prevails in Sri Lanka so we can all have a decent chance of getting home safely in our beloved automobiles.

The Don

this GOV price is with tax.. and yeah the head of army has a bullet proof car..

yep JwesT is correct. its the price with the import duty. since the government is buying from D*MO instead of importing themselves D*MO have to pay the import duty. still im sure a hefty share ends up in a MPs pocket.

Hi,

As far as bullet proff vehicles go, personally I do not see why people can put to good use existing bullet proof vehicles, I mean everytime a government comes to power they buy a new lot, and the old lot must be somewhere probably parked in some ex ministers garrage .....

But no point even discussing this I guess, cos though we are in a supposed democracy its not like anybody really cares for the views of the people or their interests for that matter, I think its our fault in a way because we keep ellecting the same lot !

But for the sake of everybody including us motor enthusiasts, I hope peace prevails in Sri Lanka so we can all have a decent chance of getting home safely in our beloved automobiles.

The Don

i think only chandrika brought t down bullet proof vehicles and now mahinda use them in his presidential fleet. i think the new ones are to be given to hi profile MPs.

yep JwesT is correct. its the price with the import duty. since the government is buying from D*MO instead of importing themselves D*MO have to pay the import duty. still im sure a hefty share ends up in a MPs pocket.

i think only chandrika brought t down bullet proof vehicles and now mahinda use them in his presidential fleet. i think the new ones are to be given to hi profile MPs.

machan mahinda had blullet proof bmw 7s when he was PM.. i think he still uses them.. whoever bring cars whether its government or not they pay tax.. just to show on the balance sheetss... :blink: tax paid for cars rs.10million.. tax received to gov rs.10million.. same thing

Fuzzo, u realy think they can cheat like that?

machan i can guarantee with my eyes closed that someone is making a good amount of change from this deal....

machan mahinda had blullet proof bmw 7s when he was PM.. i think he still uses them..

apart from the 7 series... he also has a s class or 2...

Guys like i asked earlier...cant we have japanease made crown, accord, ceifiro to be made custom made to bullet proof? Im sure it will be cheaper...

it does sound cheap but the problem is our MPs don't like to use those vehicles. they've been living such a lavish lifestyle since childhood they are not used to travel in other vehicles apart from european ones. may be you can launch a campaign machang it'll eb a good starting point for a future political career

it does sound cheap but the problem is our MPs don't like to use those vehicles. they've been living such a lavish lifestyle since childhood they are not used to travel in other vehicles apart from european ones. may be you can launch a campaign machang it'll eb a good starting point for a future political career

Sad to say our Hola would also suddenly realise he was born inside an S Class and Drove a 7 series before walking so he might want to "continue" his life style after he gets ellected (which is what necessarily happens so everybody or so it seems)

The Don

funny thing is that the jvp sometime back published all the vehicles driven by MP's at the time and they said that they would never resort to such lavish rides... a couple of months later, a person i knew purchased a landcruiser cygnus from the head of the jvp :)

Our MP's are nuts. Honestly; is sitting around at the Parliment canteen, eating their subsidized seven curries on fried rice with two deserts, and thinking of new ways to rip-off the country ALL they do?

That being said.....adding any type of armour to a vehicles adds a lot of weight, usually requiring suspension and engine/ transmission upgrades as well. Furthermore since the armour is attached internally (from the inside of the car) there's a drop in space in the passenger area as well. And the last thing you'd want after spending a considerable amount of money and effort to amour a vehicle would be to have it sit in the mechanic's lot.

All this being considered I can see why it'd be best to start off with a large, dependable car with lots of power. So lets assume that its reasonable to opt for high-end vehicles like a 7 Series, a S-class or even (gasp) a Maybach when getting armoured cars. But does that mean that Sri Lanka needs them? Even if we did, can we afford them?

Like 'The Don' and some of you guys pointed out, it doesn't make sense to buy cars while cheating soliders out of body armour or tsunami victims out of developmental projects.

Besides we already HAVE 20 odd armoured Beemer's in addition to the three bullet proof S-class Merc's the President's using.

So why on earth do we as a county need to spend 10% of the money the government just borrowed off global lending markets at a premium interest rate, to buy another bunch of cars for a few overfed politico's?

ok u do it when u become the president of SL :)

yeah machan true , just imagine if i became the president of Sri lanka i import all of my favourite cars to sl ... Bugatti Veyron / koenigsegg ccr / pagani zonda......lambo... subaru, evo,.. actually its endless ;)

yeah machan true , just imagine if i became the president of Sri lanka i import all of my favourite cars to sl ... Bugatti Veyron / koenigsegg ccr / pagani zonda......lambo... subaru, evo,.. actually its endless :blink:

guess you are not planing to stay in power for a long time

guess you are not planing to stay in power for a long time

Guys can't this be moved to another topic or something? Cos everytime I see this on the front page I think there has been another bomb in colombo

Guys can't this be moved to another topic or something? Cos everytime I see this on the front page I think there has been another bomb in colombo

i'll just change the title of the topic...since its all related it makes things easier...wat do u hav in mind?

i'll just change the title of the topic...since its all related it makes things easier...wat do u hav in mind?

I donno, how about security situation or something like that :blink: