• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car Between 3.5 - 4 Mil

rangerover

Guys.

I would be selling my 121 and thus am looking to buy a new car. Given up the idea of a european. My budget is a max of 4 mil. It would be better if i can get a car around 3.5. Could you recommend good cars, and am not too fussy on fuel efficiency (i think this factor has been over hyped in SL) as i do max of about 400Km per month

I like something exciting. And have the following in mind.

1. 2004 Toyota Allion (ok may not be the most exciting, but still very comfy)

2. 2004 Subaru Legacy ( Not the easiest to find)

3. 2004 Toyota premio

Please suggest some cars, for me to start my hunt this week. Also could i get the above cars for my budget?

Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400KM a month gives you so much space to ride in a BMW or even a BENZ may be..

If it would have been me, i would still go for a another Allion knowing its comfort, fuel economy and reliability..Nothing else would let me sleep in peace than having that mind set of 'U can sell it, and its money-alike' :) etc and other known positive factors. (but i still know that before i die that i should own a WRX :D - thats when i have spare monies)

The new honda city could be bought within the budget??

Anyways, the reason i stay away from the BMW's are its maintanance cost. The only BMW i can buy for this price range is the e46 320d, and diesel BMW's have a higher maintanance cost as per what i hear. Because the 320i or so goes above 5mil.

According to some listing on the popular sunday mag, 2004 allions with K registrations go above 4mil? isnt is possible to get someting for around 3.6-3.7? atleast the premio?

Guys.

I would be selling my 121 and thus am looking to buy a new car. Given up the idea of a european. My budget is a max of 4 mil. It would be better if i can get a car around 3.5. Could you recommend good cars, and am not too fussy on fuel efficiency (i think this factor has been over hyped in SL) as i do max of about 400Km per month

I like something exciting. And have the following in mind.

1. 2004 Toyota Allion (ok may not be the most exciting, but still very comfy)

2. 2004 Subaru Legacy ( Not the easiest to find)

3. 2004 Toyota premio

Please suggest some cars, for me to start my hunt this week. Also could i get the above cars for my budget?

Cheers

There was a pretty nice 2004 B4 Legacy for sale at a Kirulapana car sale, opposite Dankotuwa showroom, it was not on display....u will have to go an inquire about it.... it was going for abt 3.4 mil or somewhere around that price...I'm sure u can negotiate a better price....

Happy hunting! :)

There was a pretty nice 2004 B4 Legacy for sale at a Kirulapana car sale, opposite Dankotuwa showroom, it was not on display....u will have to go an inquire about it.... it was going for abt 3.4 mil or somewhere around that price...I'm sure u can negotiate a better price....

Happy hunting! :)

That is the car i have in mind. How are the resale values and maintanance cost of subaru's?

That is the car i have in mind. How are the resale values and maintanance cost of subaru's?

i don't know whether we're talking about the same car but not so long ago there was a manual legacy b4 rsk in seemigly good condition for lot less than your budget. personally i find the legacy bit too boy racer type and bit crude (exterior and interior), that is why i suggested skyline V35 to you. but in terms of driving pleasure i am sure subaru is a notch ahead. but i am also sure subaru will be more costly to run.

Edited by isurujosh

The Legacy is certainly a lot less common and arguably(this one is NA) more fun to drive etc. that said, it's probably one of the hardest cars to sell, when the time comes. This particular car has been on sale for quite a while. Of your three options, I would probably get the Premio.

Since you arnt doing that much driving, I think a 320d would be nice. Its a classy car. maintainence wise, the subaru would certainly be cheaper to run. The subaru will give you power but you'll have a lotta trouble selling it. If I had that budget too, I'd have probs choosing too! dont go for Allions or Premio. Nice comfy cars but why be average ne? ;-)

But thinking again, If I had the cash, I'd go for the Subaru!!

Ahhh.. ok.. I'm confused n I'm confusin u. u decide. :-)

why go for obvious choices like allion. go for this mate. you will never get bored with nissan V6s.

Skyline_V35_G35_2.jpg

where is this V35?. I cannot see the picture....

I'm intrested in this one. Can you pass the info to me. .Please!!

Edited by nissmoz

where is this V35?. I cannot see the picture....

I'm intrested in this one. Can you pass the info to me. .Please!!

skylinev35g352.jpg

sorry mate i don't know of any specific V35 that is for sale right now. i just suggested to range rover that he should try find one. but there is a 350z for sale for about 5 million. it might be of interest to you.

skylinev35g352.jpg

sorry mate i don't know of any specific V35 that is for sale right now. i just suggested to range rover that he should try find one. but there is a 350z for sale for about 5 million. it might be of interest to you.

Thanks Mate. 350Z is intresting....may be later. But I need a 4door car at this point. same time I need a "smile in my Face" like you are saying.

Well mate as mentioned by many resale will be the tough part.....the mkt. 4 a Subaru is quite limited.....but given it's a 2004 model & assuming mileage is low......there will be some (hopefully rich :rolleyes: ) enthusiasts....

Maintenance again since it's a reasonably new model (u normally get only the 99' or 2000' B4's over here) & mileage is low i would assume u wont get any serious running issues.....hence maintenance shouldn't be a big issue 4 u.....

I'm just a noob...I have never driven a Subaru yet..... but doing my ground work hopefully 2 get a 2000 B4 but finding a accident free, reasonably well maintained car, within my budget is quite difficult..... :(

If i was in ur shoes & had the dough u could easily guess what i would go 4 given ur 3 choices.... ;)

P.s. sent a PM with sum more info. that could help u out...

Edited by EXMAC

skylinev35g352.jpg

I think it'll be hella difficult to find a V35 here. The Skyline 250GT is a little in evidence, but the full 3.5l is pretty rare. Nice car if it can be had tho.

y would a person seeking an upgrade from a corolla settle for an econobox like honda city (although brand new) which is essentialy a downgrade? this man needs something that will put a smile on his face not a smile on his pocket.

Couldnt have put it any better my self. Actually the skyline is a good choice, Never thought about it. I hear that there is a 250 and also a 350 or 300. The later was going for 35 last dec in a sale on darley road.

The issue with the 320d, is getting a well used one for that price. Since these are diesel cars, maintanace can be quite high

Any thoughts about the Toyota Mark2 2003 or the cefiro 2004? could these bought at my budget?

The best car for u will be a MAZDA3/ AXELA

dont go for Subaru b4 RSK, its not easy to maintain plus you need an extra petrol tank :) very hard to sell too.

buying an allion is like cash, buy it use it, next day put on paper, day after its sold.

Mazda Axela/3 got style, very stable car, within your budget, not hard to sell either I sold mine in a week after i put an ad on autolanka (which i regret selling :( ).

Honda Fit Aria is quite an econo car but too toyish.

I think it'll be hella difficult to find a V35 here. The Skyline 250GT is a little in evidence, but the full 3.5l is pretty rare. Nice car if it can be had tho.

hmm since it's against the forum rules can't put out a lot here but i do know of a V35, in the same color that might be up for sale for the right offer!

pics of that car are on my flickr page :)