• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cheap & Fast ~

topgear

Hi guys!

I've suddenly got this urge to drag! :-) It may not last long but still, I think this is going to be a good topic.

Lets say all I have is 500k. I need to buy a car and pimp it to pull. I'm not talking about extremes mods but I'm talking about something moderate that will give me some say in the speed scene! What do you guys suggest?

Remember, it's not 500k for the car. It's 500k for the car + extras. And all I'm looking for is performance. Not visual styling. + I dont want the car to run me bankrupt pumping fuel either. Neither do I want a motor that will blow up and need to be replace every 6 months!

I think you know what I'm talking about mates! ;-)

Bring in the suggestions guys! Gimme the car, suggested mods, estimated costs, and projected life time

Dont see many CRX out there for sale ne.. Mini would be nice but good cars are pretty expensive ne.. I do like the mini moke also.. Ford Laser is also a good option. But I need my ride to do at least 8 - 9 kmpl or Im still in a mess. Charade is also good ne.. bout how much would charade come up 2? but charade doesn't pull like that ne. Laser pulls. mini moke too.. A friend of mine had a 1.6 Corona 9 sri with 17 inch chromes and itz superb! muscle car like! :-)

80s Ford laser is the way to go..

One of my friend recently bought laser just for 3.5lax. It's 16 sri 1500 FF one & was in good condition.

It's better If u can get a good condition 1000 or 1300 mini below 5 but it's hard in these days. May be you can get a good 850 but it's damn in power. Moke is expensive than mini too..So better settle down with a laser :)

80s Ford laser is the way to go..

One of my friend recently bought laser just for 3.5lax. It's 16 sri 1500 FF one & was in good condition.

It's better If u can get a good condition 1000 or 1300 mini below 5 but it's hard in these days. May be you can get a good 850 but it's damn in power. Moke is expensive than mini too..So better settle down with a laser :)

Yaa! For a car without doors and a hardtop, I dunno why moke is so expensive! :-) So is the laser fast? and do you happen to know what it is like to maintain one? I'm also contemplating getting down a mini 1300 efi... there are people doing that ne :)

Yaa! For a car without doors and a hardtop, I dunno why moke is so expensive! :-) So is the laser fast? and do you happen to know what it is like to maintain one? I'm also contemplating getting down a mini 1300 efi... there are people doing that ne :)

a frnd of mine had a laser.he was so wanting to get rid of it and finally end up exchanging it with a bike deal.sad u miss it.

not only mini..u will get some other options too.. like smuggled subarus and evos :D or ducatis ;)

Hehe.. I'd prefer sticking to the Mini's. Keeps a "low" profile! You know any places mate? I checked a famous spares guy and the bugger want 700k for a 1.3 efi and he'll fix n paint n all lu! I asked him to go scratch his b*lls! I'm sure even a drive to Delkana might prove worthwhile! ne?

Is there like no chance of me getting a Mini cooper or mini moke for less than 500k. maxa 500k. Document nathi unata kamak na! anyone know of anything like that?

The option does seem tempting, given how cheap some of these can be had but you'll always run the risk of getting caught, to say nothing of the world of hurt you're in for (in every sense) should you be unfortunate enough to have a crash in one of these stitched up jobs.

Hehe.. I'd prefer sticking to the Mini's. Keeps a "low" profile! You know any places mate? I checked a famous spares guy and the bugger want 700k for a 1.3 efi and he'll fix n paint n all lu! I asked him to go scratch his b*lls! I'm sure even a drive to Delkana might prove worthwhile! ne?

if its someone related to lions damn yes he is alws demanding his stuff a lot but after quiet period of time the price goes down and down.. so wait and see.. did u check the vehicle? and the famous tractor guy also does the same kind of things but he got some nice stuff for affordable prices.

hehehe yes yes keeping low profile and taking the advantage of knowing SMUGGLERS hehehehee

no idea about delkanda people machan.. but i heared that an allion was ruined by a delkanda assembler so better stick with known people.

one of my friends told dat minu**** area is now gaining some fame for so called "BUT" vehicles.. all vehicles in good shape but asking price it too high.

The option does seem tempting, given how cheap some of these can be had but you'll always run the risk of getting caught, to say nothing of the world of hurt you're in for (in every sense) should you be unfortunate enough to have a crash in one of these stitched up jobs.

That is true but that is like an extreme scenario.. I mean the crashing part. Faking a reg shouldnt be such a prob.. :violent-smiley-099:

I dunno y but I've got this real craze now so I badly need a mini!!!

if its someone related to lions damn yes he is alws demanding his stuff a lot but after quiet period of time the price goes down and down.. so wait and see.. did u check the vehicle? and the famous tractor guy also does the same kind of things but he got some nice stuff for affordable prices.

hehehe yes yes keeping low profile and taking the advantage of knowing SMUGGLERS hehehehee

no idea about delkanda people machan.. but i heared that an allion was ruined by a delkanda assembler so better stick with known people.

one of my friends told dat minu**** area is now gaining some fame for so called "BUT" vehicles.. all vehicles in good shape but asking price it too high.

dude, plz PM me contactz! :rolleyes:

a lil chat wit these spare part importers and you learn alot! :D

Dude think twice before going for so called "bud" (or what ever u call it) vehicles. Cuz these days there is a high probablitiy of getting caught.

And safety wise we don not know i which status the car might be. And u cant say that u will not meet with an accident. no matter how good u drive u there are people who will come and ram your ride from front/back/side. trust me on that.

Anyways all the best :)

Dude think twice before going for so called "bud" (or what ever u call it) vehicles. Cuz these days there is a high probablitiy of getting caught.

And safety wise we don not know i which status the car might be. And u cant say that u will not meet with an accident. no matter how good u drive u there are people who will come and ram your ride from front/back/side. trust me on that.

Anyways all the best :)

A few more messages like this and I'll overcome my craze! :-) yaaa. wut ur sayin is true.. if I'm goin for one, I might as well go for a legitimate one than an assembled one. hmmm... I'm thinking now... :blink:

There is a famous guy in Pasyala called Upali who is selling mini spare parts in his house. He is having contacts with most of mini owners & he might have details abt sellin minis . Call him & see . His # is 0332285029

If you're buying a mini, try to find a mechanically restored one. Otherwise in future your weekends will be spent to garages unless otherwise you're a mechanic :)

There is a famous guy in Pasyala called Upali who is selling mini spare parts in his house. He is having contacts with most of mini owners & he might have details abt sellin minis . Call him & see . His # is 0332285029

If you're buying a mini, try to find a mechanically restored one. Otherwise in future your weekends will be spent to garages unless otherwise you're a mechanic :)

Thanks for the contact and thanks for the tip!

A few more messages like this and I'll overcome my craze! :-) yaaa. wut ur sayin is true.. if I'm goin for one, I might as well go for a legitimate one than an assembled one. hmmm... I'm thinking now... :blink:

its alws better to pay our poor government. but otherwise the only difference between legal and black stuff is the price. the quality of end products depend on the assembler. People knows stuff bro (engraving engine numbers chassi numbers and the rest can be done easily). once u get a "BUT" vehicle without proper docs, it will be a real pain in the ass when u trying to sell it.

the thumb of rule for locally assembled vehicles is "MITHURAN ATHAREE PAMANAI" :D

contacts are confidential but i think some AL hotshots might have em cuz :rolleyes: :rolleyes: