• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About Evo Iii Conversion. Need Help

da coolest

I have a lancer CB (1300cc) car and i thought about doing an evo iii conversion on it. but i have seen some people advising to not to do conversion on cars running engines such as 1.5ltr and 1.3ltr. cos of the engine vibration could cause chassis damage in a short term..

Is this true? is it safe to do the evo conversion on the lancer i have?

Thanks in advance!

there is nothing like the original configuratration of any vehicle both in terms of practicality and legality. if you're doing a coversion on a second car, racing car, week end only car, then it's ok otherwise it is ill advised irrespective of who does the conversion.

If its done properly why not. This isnt the first instance where somebody modified a car from its original state to fit his taste... And if he doesnt mind the extra fuel bill, and maybe a hard time selling it off later, maybe the thrill of a Evo IS worth it. If I had only the budget for a Lancer, or an imprezza, and some upgrades I'd do the conversion than sit around dreaming of the day i might be able to own a real evo/STi...

and If you're mechanically inclined even the smaller glitches of the conversion might not be that hard to DIY....

there is nothing like the original configuratration of any vehicle both in terms of practicality and legality. if you're doing a coversion on a second car, racing car, week end only car, then it's ok otherwise it is ill advised irrespective of who does the conversion.

Sorry, gotta disagree... It works fine as a daily runner... Provided you dont get carried away ;)

well I'm familiar with four evo and STI converts(one with a massive turbo and allegedly pumping out 450 horses) used daily with no problems...as shanx said it's only the fuel consumption issue that stands in the way,BUT if you are a true enthusiast an excess fuel bill is a small price to pay for owning such an exciting machine that can make your daily commute an adventure everytime.