• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Re-new Revenue License ?

Chris0628

Has anyone actually done this? How do you submit that environmental report thing???

Yeah i renewed mine through that portal. You need to register with them first.

You need to get the insurance and emission test done and they take about half a day to update the revenue license system. So after that you can proceed with online renewal. You have couple of buttons to click on while doing the renewal and they show if validation was successful. Sometimes this may not work as they had a prob with validating my insurance. However, a mail to their admin solved it in about 2 hours. I guess its some data format issues they have. Then you pay with your credit card and they also charge a very small amount as a convenience fee. When everything is done you get a reference number and displays a license you could print to keep with you. After about 4 days i received the original license in registered post to the vehicle's registered address.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Guess what, the home folks have renewed the revenue license when I was out of the country last September, and have proceeded to lose the documents :S At least, I cannot seem to locate it. Seems like the car has been running for a year with the old license still displayed on the windscreen, which I only noticed today :o :o That would have lead to an interesting conversation with a cop had they noticed it...

The question is, the renewed (missing) one should run out at the end of this week. Is it necessary to show this when renewing (I'm guessing it is...) and if so, if I don't find it, am I effed?

Appreciate any help.

Edited by SeanD

Guess what, the home folks have renewed the revenue license when I was out of the country last September, and have proceeded to lose the documents :S At least, I cannot seem to locate it. Seems like the car has been running for a year with the old license still displayed on the windscreen, which I only noticed today :o :o That would have lead to an interesting conversation with a cop had they noticed it...

The question is, the renewed (missing) one should run out at the end of this week. Is it necessary to show this when renewing (I'm guessing it is...) and if so, if I don't find it, am I effed?

Appreciate any help.

But their IT system would have the last renewal wouldnt it?

Appreciate any help.

AFAIK these typical government lethargic folks do ask for the previous physical original copy !!!

Of course they should have it in their DB anyway but most prolly they aren't that tech savvy I guess ...

Seems like the car has been running for a year with the old license still displayed on the windscreen, which I only noticed today :o :o That would have lead to an interesting conversation with a cop had they noticed it...

You must not have lived in Sri Lanka too long. My dad was running on a 2008 license until two months ago. He was just lazy.

You must not have lived in Sri Lanka too long. My dad was running on a 2008 license until two months ago. He was just lazy.

Driving without rev lic or insurence could end up in a heavy fine ( in the range of 25000, in the case of insurence)

is it possible to get the Re-New of Revenue license from Colombo, Even if the car is registered with a Kandana Address ? if so.. then what's the process ??

Quickest & Easiest way ?

u can do it!!! go straight to maligawatta... then tell them u want to get a new revenue license.. (dont get caught to those KAKKAs machan)

• 4 years later...
Any idea how different the process is when u have to change the name in ur revenue licence? I'm going for the first revenue licence renewal since obtaining the vehicle, can i still go through the drive in service?

Hi Range,

What are the documents u provided for this renewal. I am also ran with WP and trying to get a license from CP... ?

Tnx,

Thusi.