• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

260 Z

Bugatti

I'm willing to bet that the 6 Sri car is a 240Z and not a 260Z. Very odd that it should have 260 badging. The rear quarter window is a dead give-away.

Are you mixing it up with the 260Z 2+2? I thought the 240Z did get the 2.6 engine in the same SWB and the +2 LWB format.....

Is there a big difference between the 240 & 260 cosmetically other than the engine displacement 2.4 to 2.6 and the new bumper? Merely 260Z came in because of the new bumper and emissions regulations. Even the 280Z was not improved style wise but much more luxurious than the previous generations and produced a 170hp compared to 140hp in 260Z and 150hp in 240Z.

If I ever get my hands on one of the beauties it would be like this…… This is gorgeous IMO

260z007.jpg

260z014.jpg

260z015o.jpg

260z026.jpg

@GTAm - I think Z changed to 2.6 and 2+2 in the 260Z, before it was 2.4 and SWB but more powerful 150hp compared to 140hp in 260Z

@GTAm - I think Z changed to 2.6 and 2+2 in the 260Z, before it was 2.4 and SWB but more powerful 150hp compared to 140hp in 260Z

According to that wiki link I posted, the 140 was in the US version. Emission regs, as you mentioned. The Jap spec car was over 160.

Are you mixing it up with the 260Z 2+2? I thought the 240Z did get the 2.6 engine in the same SWB and the +2 LWB format.....

No machan, I'm not. The acid test would be to see if this was a 2-seater or a 2+2. The 240 was a true 2-seater whereas the 260 got the displacement bump and a slightly longer chassis to accommodate the two rear seats. That rear quarter window in the pictured 6 sri car indicated that it's probably a 240.

No machan, I'm not. The acid test would be to see if this was a 2-seater or a 2+2. The 240 was a true 2-seater whereas the 260 got the displacement bump and a slightly longer chassis to accommodate the two rear seats. That rear quarter window in the pictured 6 sri car indicated that it's probably a 240.

What I'm saying is that the 260 came in two sizes. One was the longer 2+2.

This car is a 2 seater for sure. The question is if it is a 240 or 260.

Anyway there was a 260Z 2+2 in Colombo that I use to see very often some years back. Silver car. The proportions are distorted compared to this one. Rear window and cabin is longer.

There is another 260Z 2+2 in derelict state somewhere in Kotte.

As a kid I was crazy about the 240Z. However when I went to see my 1st race at Katunayake, maybe in the early 80s, I saw a 240Z get beaten by a modded Mini I was a bit upset :D !

• 2 years later...

i had a pic of an abandoned 260z in SL.. wonder what happened to it.. i'l upload whn i find it.. :wacko:

The one with Venerable Podi Hamuduruvo no?...That is a 240Z though...I believe Venerable Ripper had some recent pictures of it.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Saw the blue one on Monday at Borella Cross road. Looks the same. No bumpers still and wheels spaced out.

just out of curiosity GTAm if one of those nissan 260 Z up of sale how much one going to cost these days?.

just out of curiosity GTAm if one of those nissan 260 Z up of sale how much one going to cost these days?.

That's almost impossible to answer since they are as rare as hen's teeth in SL. More common classics like MGAs and Triumph TRs have some sort of established prices. In this case I guess it will depend on how badly someone wants one and how much 'that' person values it. A WILD guess would be between 1.5m to 2.5m depending on the condition.

• 4 months later...
Heres a shot I took at the very same show.....at the time there was a badge on the nose saying OSANDA

It's safe to say this one is a f*** up. The wheels look messy without at least some flares out to cover them and who would put his name on the middle of the hood and ruin the car! But I do hope he's selling it!

Last week's Sirasa Autovision Had a segment on a 280. Could find it on you tube. It says this is the ONLY 280 in SL. See the following link (I personaly dont like how this guy presenting but the Car is a beauty):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3A-hKsV5Wv0#!

car is a beauty. agreed. but the other two were painful to watch...