• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Cefiro Uncovered

isurujosh

Actually the JDM one has a different fuel injection mechanism. They call it NEO. Theoretically it gives a slightly better fuel economy.

Grille (front shell) of the singapore/sri lanka brand new one looks like the N16 grille with a Nissan badge. JDM one has a different grille and a cefiro badge on it.

Edited by Crosswind

Hey Guys,

I am in hunt for a Cefiro A33. Could you guys please enplane how to differentiate the Japaneses A33 and the Singaporean A33.

Cheers,

Easiest way is have a peek at the speedo.

The Jap models (JDMs) have a speedo marked upto 180kmph. The Singapore models ( which are the export models) have it upto 260kmph. ( assuming the speedos have not been swapped!)

Edited by CJ5

4) the general inconsistent fuel consumption of nissans. i have seen so many honest people who says their nissan fb15 (automatic transmission) does 9km/l in traffic and i also have seen so many honest people who says their nissan fb15 (automatic transmission) does only 7km/l in traffic. i my self have used a 1996 nissan pulsar with 1.5L engine that did only 6-7 km/l in traffic but i also have seen people prove to me that their's do 9km/l which is not bad at all. i think no party was lieing. there is something about nissans that offer inconsistent fuel consumptions and i don't attribute that to driving behaviors alone, it's something to do with cars for sure. the same is true for cefiro's. whereas some do 7km/l some other do only 5.5km/l, both kinds being identical on paper.

Isuru, I beg to differ. I've used Nissan's for a long time. What I have noticed is that: you need to use a good engine oil + have the routine services done on time + have a clean air filter and A/C filter. That is the normal formula to get the maximum out of a Nissan ( :rolleyes: guess that's the formula for any vehicle). But what I have observed is that you cannot skip or cut corners with these routine maintenance with Nissans. If you do so, it will gradually start becoming thirsty. Also, its good to have the throttle body cleaned up once in a while.

Driving a MT, what I have observed is based on my driving style, the fuel consumption figures change a lot! its not a matter of small figures. If I'm in a real hurry and drive fast in the city with a lot of abrupt braking and pickup, (due to slow tuk tuks and Prius drivers), I could almost burn twice as much gas than I normally do! Crazy ha? but that's the truth. If your driving style is not very aggressive, you would easily improve on the kmpLs.

The other thing is if you are drive within the speed limits, you will make the maximum savings :wacko:. Guess this is proof that SL speed limits were not set for safety, but fuel consumption in mind!

When someone claims that their Nissan does x amount of kmpl, than my Nissan, I usually like to observe their driving style if I can. IMO that is the best way to understand what makes the difference!

Edited by isam

Good generic maintenance argument there.

The laurel however was maintained meticulously by my ex-s dad. This was me driving from galle to Moneragala. Had to pump two full tanks for the round trip. When I ran the numbers halfway it gave me 5.5kmpl. On the way back I thought oh screw it and drifted the car on a by road. Ah, the joys of trashing that vehicle!

Edited by Komisiripala

Isuru, I beg to differ. I've used Nissan's for a long time. What I have noticed is that: you need to use a good engine oil + have the routine services done on time + have a clean air filter and A/C filter. That is the normal formula to get the maximum out of a Nissan ( :rolleyes: guess that's the formula for any vehicle). But what I have observed is that you cannot skip or cut corners with these routine maintenance with Nissans. If you do so, it will gradually start becoming thirsty. Also, its good to have the throttle body cleaned up once in a while.

Driving a MT, what I have observed is based on my driving style, the fuel consumption figures change a lot! its not a matter of small figures. If I'm in a real hurry and drive fast in the city with a lot of abrupt braking and pickup, (due to slow tuk tuks and Prius drivers), I could almost burn twice as much gas than I normally do! Crazy ha? but that's the truth. If your driving style is not very aggressive, you would easily improve on the kmpLs.

The other thing is if you are drive within the speed limits, you will make the maximum savings :wacko:. Guess this is proof that SL speed limits were not set for safety, but fuel consumption in mind!

When someone claims that their Nissan does x amount of kmpl, than my Nissan, I usually like to observe their driving style if I can. IMO that is the best way to understand what makes the difference!

I do agree,

When my wife drives the FB 15 it always yields better fuel economy. She usually don't take the risks and sticks to the road rules.

• 1 year later...
just opened to check if its him........

+1

I wasn't the only one then :D
Me too :P
Just went to the Department of Immigration & Emigration with Wimale Aiya to get his new passport under the name "CefiroLover". :sport-smiley-004:

Rofl

• 2 years later...

there are few stain marks in the leather seats of my cefiro.. and also a small patch... can it be cleaned into mint condition and is there any place i can patch it up? or do I have to do all the seats with rexin leather? 

Also im having the singapore export model, so the rear speakers are located in the doors.. anyone has an idea what type of speakers i should install for my rear doors? also if i replace rear doors with a brand, do you think i should also replace my front door speakers with the same brand or just keep the stock speaker set for the front doors?

Edited by PreseaLover

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

there are few stain marks in the leather seats of my cefiro.. and also a small patch... can it be cleaned into mint condition and is there any place i can patch it up? or do I have to do all the seats with rexin leather? 

Also im having the singapore export model, so the rear speakers are located in the doors.. anyone has an idea what type of speakers i should install for my rear doors? also if i replace rear doors with a brand, do you think i should also replace my front door speakers with the same brand or just keep the stock speaker set for the front doors?

1. What do you mean patch ? like the leather wearing out patch ? or a stain patch ? If its the first..then the long term solution is to fix it. If it is a stain, depending on what has stained it, it might be "cleanable"

2. rexin leather....well...yeah you can put it....you can put better proper leather too. Depends on how much you want to spend. But get it done at a proper place (which will be a bit pricier). If not properly done leather seat wrappings can'end up looking like a chicken skin hanging on a bone.

3. Speakers....yes..get a decent brand. If you are replacing the rear you might as well replace the front (you do get sets of 4). After all they are nearly 2 decades old.

59 minutes ago, iRage said:

1. What do you mean patch ? like the leather wearing out patch ? or a stain patch ? If its the first..then the long term solution is to fix it. If it is a stain, depending on what has stained it, it might be "cleanable"

2. rexin leather....well...yeah you can put it....you can put better proper leather too. Depends on how much you want to spend. But get it done at a proper place (which will be a bit pricier). If not properly done leather seat wrappings can'end up looking like a chicken skin hanging on a bone.

3. Speakers....yes..get a decent brand. If you are replacing the rear you might as well replace the front (you do get sets of 4). After all they are nearly 2 decades old.

yeah its a wear out patch.. ah right.. il get it done at a proper place.. thanks irage :) 

Drove 35km's today in the traffic and checked the fuel consumption.. it did 5.3km's per litre.. is this a good figure or a bad figure? I was hoping it would at least do 5, and it does.. but some say it does 6 ryt? so should i do a tuneup? Ravi in kelaniya said this doesnt need a tuneup as the previous owner did all his repairs through ravi so he knows the car.. 

That seems reasonable for the size of engine and car....my Mark X does about 6.5ish but other people say tey get 8 and 9...so yeah...people make all kinds of claims...at the end of the day there are factors unique to you that might make it just 5.3 kmpl. the previous owner might ave gotten 5.9 with the same car....so..be happy it does 5.3...

At most just keep the tyres properly pressurized and if it was tuned recently then just let it be,,,

• Like 1