• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Cefiro Uncovered

isurujosh

It isnt only office parking machan, parking lots at any place where a lot of people go to (supermarkets, shopping centres etc) are getting increasingly packed now and you do sometimes wish that you have a smaller and more nimble vehicle when navigating through those.

Why do you think VVti and I said we werent gonna comment? ;)

Yup must admit that parking in confined spaces such as that is a real pain, sometimes even in a car.........But still

A double cab can literally take you anywhere......but the shops as it were :)

And yes wise move by you two..........saw that only after I'd posted :lol:

Meow! :P

Hissss.....scratch!!!!! :lol:

VVTi is right...you'd make an excellent MFOC'er with your drinking habits...or what I've heard anyway he he.

OT....Sadly I've never been to one of these famous sessions :( so whens the next meet eh?

Hissss.....scratch!!!!! :lol:

VVTi is right...you'd make an excellent MFOC'er with your drinking habits...or what I've heard anyway he he.

OT....Sadly I've never been to one of these famous sessions :( so whens the next meet eh?

Ha ha ha ha ha... MFOC president drives Nissans!

We have had bad ass get- togethers that resulted in wrecking 121s!! ha ha ha ha.... A Ford truck moving sideways at 40Kmph and hitting a parked 121 is a not a pretty sight. I can still here the crunching of metal, glass and plastic.

In that case...VVTI's Ford can be an option :P

providing i get a good deal "P

Hmmm... it is there for the taking... :) Not this week. Its been taken on an extended test drive to Yala by a prospective 'buyer'... ha ha ha ha ha!!

We have had bad ass get- togethers that resulted in wrecking 121s!! ha ha ha ha.... A Ford truck moving sideways at 40Kmph and hitting a parked 121 is a not a pretty sight. I can still here the crunching of metal, glass and plastic.

:D Yeah heard about that.........

hey ripper,go for a diesel double cab machan,trust me....highly versatile,and it gives you a sense of invinciblility...IMO of course.

And yes wise move by you two..........saw that only after I'd posted :lol:

hey hey who's talkin bad about hondas ahhh....i'll have you know that honda may have toppled rolls royce as the new market leader with the accord...so there!...hmph! :angry:

:P:lol:

hey ripper,go for a diesel double cab machan,trust me....highly versatile,and it gives you a sense of invinciblility...IMO of course.

hey hey who's talkin bad about hondas ahhh....i'll have you know that honda may have toppled rolls royce as the new market leader with the accord...so there!...hmph! :angry:

:P:lol:

Shoulda seen that comin a mile off :lol:

hell yeah...me heart is with a double cab. the only complaint other than parking/reversing is that cornering in those really sucks and not fun.

but it's something that can be overlooked with great things like ground clearance, ability to take a kayak and bikes, keep away tuk tuks etc etc...

say if i can spend 1.8m or so...which ones do you think will work for me?

hell yeah...me heart is with a double cab. the only complaint other than parking/reversing is that cornering in those really sucks and not fun.

but it's something that can be overlooked with great things like ground clearance, ability to take a kayak and bikes, keep away tuk tuks etc etc...

say if i can spend 1.8m or so...which ones do you think will work for me?

that budget should get you a Hilux 106 of between 56 - 59 series plates me thinks. Could be wrong.

possibly a slightly newer L200 or Nissan D21. :unsure:

that budget should get you a Hilux 106 of between 56 - 59 series plates me thinks. Could be wrong.

possibly a slightly newer L200 or Nissan D21. :unsure:

You will be able to buy a good Nissan D21 with the TD27 engine (Turbo diesel 2.7L with full option) for that price and for sure you won't regret. It will be more comfortable than the LN106 becase the D21 has front suspension whereas the LN106 has the spring leaf. Once you get used to it, parking won't be a problem. It is the initial 2 months of driving where you feel the vehicle as too bulky but after two months time you will drive it like a car. Go for a 4WD. Ground clearance and the ability to dominate the tuk tuks will make you feel like a king :rolleyes:

If you can wait for a few months, with the price crash you may even be able to afford a beauty like this one (a D22 of course) for the same budget http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=12585

not hunting at the moment...just looking at available options...

I'd love a mazda 3 but that's beyond budget right now...

so i've kinda narrowed it down to a ViRS, 323 or A33

Double cab too is an option but a few friends who own them complain of parking hassle in the city.

a Honda?! :o

Can I know who dis "Lady Project Manager" is...? @ Malabe office..??! (Interested in the car, and not the lady :rolleyes: )

Can't say Bugs :) yup, Malabe, you'll see the car there. She was at the Christmas party last year :) I gather she spent some time in Aussie, is a big Holden fan, and considers V6s little toys :D Haven't talked cars, but I think she's a proper petrolhead :)

Isuru why do you say that?....the 323 is a bloody good car overall. OK I know I'm a bit biased on this

but I think there are loads of people who are extremely happy with their 323's.

Looks, comfort, fuel efficiency, good maintenance costs etc etc..........plus if you get a 1600 GLX manual its just what Ripper wants

I'd say it was better than a ViRS...

I must hastily add, that this is just an opinion and I dont want to start anyone off about Hondas. :D

in my opinion once you take money out of the equation 323 comes last in all attributes like comfort, acceleration, handling, exterior appearance, especially interior is a big let down for the 323.

i am sure a manual cefiro in good order should do 8km per liter in traffic. itz a bloody big bargain for a car of that size, comfort and refinement!!! the trick is to find a JDM one with non-deteriorating interior.

Edited by isurujosh

• 2 weeks later...
I am extremely happy. Before I got the car I went to A*W and got a full diagnosis report and made sure everything was right in the sensor department. No sooner I got the car I did a throttle body cleanup and an injector clean up. I also had to replace an ignition coil (bit pricey but said to be a big determinant of fuel consumption in a cefiro). I guess all the good work paid off. My cefiro (A32) along with pradfred's (A33) is the only automatic ones that i know that reach 7.5 Km/L in rush hour traffic. I don't know any more A32s but I know quite a few A33s that do only 5.5 Km/L. This again proves the point that Nissans have highly unpredictable fuel consumptions.

First of all, thanks for the valuable analysis you shared with us.

Congrats on the stats Isuru. I guess for a car of the size of Cefiro, yours do well on fuel. I got a Sunny (manual transmission) which actually does around 9-10Kmpl in the city. However what I have discovered is that the car needs to be properly cared for, to do that. Original air filter, throttle body cleanup and engine tuning every 35000 kms, good synthetic or semi-synthetic engine oil, graceful driving is the formula to use. Not everyone takes care of their cars, so I think the owners are to be blamed for the poor fuel consumption.

<_< Having said that I wonder whether things are different for Toyotas, don't they have to be pampered to get the maximum out of them? or they are usually well looked after by the owners because they have paid a hefty sum?

After 400km+ I decided to refill my tank full and do the nubers. My car is Nissan Cefiro A32, with automatic transmission.

408.3 Kms

54.63 Liters

7.47 Km/L

Fuel Type: IOC Extra Premium Petrol. (Petrol shed dude told me that it is 92 Octance, though I doubt it is. Anyway it's only 4 bucks more than usual.)

Running Conditions: Almost entirely rush hour traffic with my self and wife driving with normal driving habits.

Wow, those ARE good figures. I myself get only about 6.5 kmpl in the city, and that's with regular driving. Plus mine's got the same displacement and weight too. Where would be a good place to get the throttle body and injector cleanup done? And I pump 95 Octane. Does that matter in terms of fuel consumption?

Wow, those ARE good figures. I myself get only about 6.5 kmpl in the city, and that's with regular driving. Plus mine's got the same displacement and weight too. Where would be a good place to get the throttle body and injector cleanup done? And I pump 95 Octane. Does that matter in terms of fuel consumption?

I do the engine tuneup and throttlebody cleanup at the Nissan Agents. They do a pretty good job.

First of all, thanks for the valuable analysis you shared with us.

Congrats on the stats Isuru. I guess for a car of the size of Cefiro, yours do well on fuel. I got a Sunny (manual transmission) which actually does around 9-10Kmpl in the city. However what I have discovered is that the car needs to be properly cared for, to do that. Original air filter, throttle body cleanup and engine tuning every 35000 kms, good synthetic or semi-synthetic engine oil, graceful driving is the formula to use. Not everyone takes care of their cars, so I think the owners are to be blamed for the poor fuel consumption.

<_< Having said that I wonder whether things are different for Toyotas, don't they have to be pampered to get the maximum out of them? or they are usually well looked after by the owners because they have paid a hefty sum?

thanks isam:)

bdw in our family we have had 3 toyotas, 2 nissans, a mitsubishi and a honda over the years. our experience is that hondas and toyotas need not be pampered to offer consistent and good fuel mileage.

well mate for starters you can use the wurth fuel system cleaner you add to the fuel tank. see whether there is an improvement and if not then you can try a throttle body clean up. if you are living around wattala i can point you to a guy who specializes on relatively luxury vehicles and who does a safe job on this clean up thingy. nevertheless there are many joints (mainly using 3M) across the country that do this throttle body clean up. infact this is the same thing that mainstream calls as "engine tune-up". bdw don't forget to check the status of all your ignition coils as well. yet another most important determinant of fuel consumption in a cefiro is your driving style. keep below 2000rpm consistently and you see the consumtion hitting 7.5 in traffic. exceed that and then you find efficiency decreasing exponentially. in this very same car that returns 7.5 consistently i have even recorded 5.5km/L running very fast consistently.

well mate for starters you can use the wurth fuel system cleaner you add to the fuel tank. see whether there is an improvement and if not then you can try a throttle body clean up. if you are living around wattala i can point you to a guy who specializes on relatively luxury vehicles and who does a safe job on this clean up thingy. nevertheless there are many joints (mainly using 3M) across the country that do this throttle body clean up. infact this is the same thing that mainstream calls as "engine tune-up". bdw don't forget to check the status of all your ignition coils as well. yet another most important determinant of fuel consumption in a cefiro is your driving style. keep below 2000rpm consistently and you see the consumtion hitting 7.5 in traffic. exceed that and then you find efficiency decreasing exponentially. in this very same car that returns 7.5 consistently i have even recorded 5.5km/L running very fast consistently.

I do try to keep it under 2k revs, but with everyone on the road itching to steal your space like it's the lottery, it's kinda hard not to kick down.... :D However, I did manage to bring the consumption to about 7, but that was with very light footed driving. And that was no fun at all.... :mellow:

Btw, are these fuel system cleaners particularly good for the engine? Any adverse effects?

I do try to keep it under 2k revs, but with everyone on the road itching to steal your space like it's the lottery, it's kinda hard not to kick down.... :D However, I did manage to bring the consumption to about 7, but that was with very light footed driving. And that was no fun at all.... :mellow:

Btw, are these fuel system cleaners particularly good for the engine? Any adverse effects?

Big_D, but i thought the pleasure of driving a cefiro is in the quite ride, not keeping up with traffic. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that's all you hear while cruising. about the fuel system cleaners... i had a issue with cold starts that they were talking bit more time than usual. my mechanic advised me to use the cleaner to unblock the fuel pump and yes it did work for me. now it's "gahapu gama start in an instant no matter what"

Big_D, but i thought the pleasure of driving a cefiro is in the quite ride, not keeping up with traffic. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that's all you hear while cruising. about the fuel system cleaners... i had a issue with cold starts that they were talking bit more time than usual. my mechanic advised me to use the cleaner to unblock the fuel pump and yes it did work for me. now it's "gahapu gama start in an instant no matter what"

Oh but you see, I don't own a Cefiro.... :D My car's similar to yours (at least, in engine capacity and weight), hence the questions.