• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Cefiro Uncovered

isurujosh

13 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

@PreseaLover The car looks mighty fine mate! Congrats! It looks even better than the Presea (to me anyway.)

Does the driver's side door have a color mismatch? Maybe it's the camera angle...

I still think you should open a dedicated thread for the car :D

That looks clean! The search seems to have paid off well. Congratulations!

Not sure whether it's the number plate, but I have a feeling I've seen this car quite often in the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davy said:

That looks clean! The search seems to have paid off well. Congratulations!

Not sure whether it's the number plate, but I have a feeling I've seen this car quite often in the past. 

if you lived in kelaniya and a buddhist then yes, you have seen this in the temple before, because the previous owner of this car is the monk in the dalugama temple.. which is why Ravi knows about the car well, since he did all the repairs in the car for 2 years.. however i need to replace the hub racers and the lower arm bush as i hear a dok dok noise from the driver side tyre and a hummmmm noise when accelerating... 

On 7/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, PreseaLover said:

there are few stain marks in the leather seats of my cefiro.. and also a small patch... can it be cleaned into mint condition and is there any place i can patch it up? or do I have to do all the seats with rexin leather? 

Also im having the singapore export model, so the rear speakers are located in the doors.. anyone has an idea what type of speakers i should install for my rear doors? also if i replace rear doors with a brand, do you think i should also replace my front door speakers with the same brand or just keep the stock speaker set for the front doors?

I guess the normal size of the speakers allowed is between 6-6.5 inches (can be simply measured if you take off the door boards). If you prefer a good bass (assuming front original speakers has a good bass and sound quality) you can go ahead with JBL or Pioneer speakers. Even Kenwood is great ( i had all four speakers in my Honda with original Kenwood setup and four 6.5 inch speakers and those has a really good bass and sound quality)..

If your frond speakers are good, i would suggest to replace the rear with the same brand as front, of go with some branded speaker which gives better output when it is connected to your headset..

36 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

I guess the normal size of the speakers allowed is between 6-6.5 inches (can be simply measured if you take off the door boards). If you prefer a good bass (assuming front original speakers has a good bass and sound quality) you can go ahead with JBL or Pioneer speakers. Even Kenwood is great ( i had all four speakers in my Honda with original Kenwood setup and four 6.5 inch speakers and those has a really good bass and sound quality)..

If your frond speakers are good, i would suggest to replace the rear with the same brand as front, of go with some branded speaker which gives better output when it is connected to your headset..

Yeah I upgraded my rear speakers with Kenwood, as I had kenwood in my presea as well... and the sound now is amazing, I feel like in a different world driving the cefiro with sounds... :) I usually dont use the headset, I put high volume to my rear speakers and feel the sound from all directions.. Pet#o guys said i dont have to change the front speakers as the originals are really good so i did only the rear.. like they said i dont feel much of a difference too.. the sounds are good :) 

5 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Yeah I upgraded my rear speakers with Kenwood, as I had kenwood in my presea as well... and the sound now is amazing, I feel like in a different world driving the cefiro with sounds... :) I usually dont use the headset, I put high volume to my rear speakers and feel the sound from all directions.. Pet#o guys said i dont have to change the front speakers as the originals are really good so i did only the rear.. like they said i dont feel much of a difference too.. the sounds are good :) 

That's awesome.. By the way i mistakenly typed headset instead of headunit :D 
Anyways Kenwood is a good brand. By the way how much did it cost you and what was the size of speakers?

4 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

That's awesome.. By the way i mistakenly typed headset instead of headunit :D 
Anyways Kenwood is a good brand. By the way how much did it cost you and what was the size of speakers?

Hmm.. im not sure of the size, buts its the normal 2 way speaker they said which is used for most cars speakers. Good bass and treble and loud too.. it costed 6k in total with labor cost. they only took 500 bucks for labor. The Galleroad joint is more friendly and less crowded, I recommend anyone to go there instead of the polhengoda joint. 

• Like 1

Nice car mate!.When you plan to change the front, consider infinity as well. I've upgraded all four door speakers to Infinity reference 6022ix ,which is a huge improvement from factory speakers (Both bass and clarity) 

• Like 1

So for those who wanted to know in detailed differences of the Excimo and 2.0 I analyzed the 2 cars as I went to inspect close to 30 cefiro's (both eximo and 2.0's) here they are... 

1. Singa version has electric seats, leather seats, auto bonnet (no need of pulling out that iron pole to have it stabilized, once you lift the bonnet it stays in the air supported by bonnet shocks) 
2. singa version has an 
odometer of 260km/h but japan version has only upto 180km/h
3. singa version is faster in pickup and japan version is slower compared to the jap
4. japan version has the grille similar to the N17 and singa version has a different grille
5. Singa version comes with size 15 tyres by default and jap version comes with size 14 
6. Singa version comes with 2 cigerette lighters..one for the dashboard and one in the rear.. so you can have 2 charging points
7. you can change the brightness of the odometer in the night in the singa version but in jap version you cant do that.. 

I also saw 2 different excimo models - one had the rear speakers in the rear doors and the other had the rear speakers in the board behind the rear seats. However, in the singa version the rear speakers comes to the rear doors. 

If  I have missed anything in this list please add :)  

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Pasindu111 said:

do you guys think that this will be a good choice? or am I gonna get f*ed so bad with this choice? 

depends on the condition of the car. If the car is not in good condition, finding parts locally might be a bit more challenging than for the average Corolla. If in good condition and the car requires just some basic stuff done to it..you might be walking away with a good deal. 

THis applies to any car...