• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Mark Ii

Chris0628

On 1/31/2011 at 4:19 PM, milindu said:

Smooth and comfortable cars with soft but fairly rugged suspension. EPS makes the steering light for a car of its class (but not 'Axio' light).

Fuel can get up to 8ish on a combined cycle following a tune up. Thick city running would be 6-8 but never recorded under that so far.

Spares are available at G.S. M*t*rs and at the Agents. PM if you want a breakdown of costs.

Check for sludge and engine wear resulting from this.

Valve Sensors give with age and are likely to need replacement in the 2000/2001 cars which have run over 150k. Not like they pop every day but each sensor is around 12k new and there are 6 of them.

There was a 3.0 GX 90 with massive alloys running around a few years ago. But yet to see any Tourer V versions.

What is the meaning of rugged suspension? I thought Mark II to be quite comfy.

1 hour ago, BuBi said:

What is the meaning of rugged suspension? I thought Mark II to be quite comfy.

I think what is implied is that it is durable and can last harsh road conditions, so although the suspension works overtime to keep the car nice and smooth it won't wear out that easily.

I am sure you know you brought alive a 7 year old thread..but since you did ask a reasonable question I guess it would be okay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iRage said:

I think what is implied is that it is durable and can last harsh road conditions, so although the suspension works overtime to keep the car nice and smooth it won't wear out that easily.

I am sure you know you brought alive a 7 year old thread..but since you did ask a reasonable question I guess it would be okay. 

Yeah I do. I am currently researching about Mark 2s. Do you know anything about spare availability? Some say spares are hard to come. 

On 3/3/2018 at 11:18 PM, BuBi said:

Yeah I do. I am currently researching about Mark 2s. Do you know anything about spare availability? Some say spares are hard to come. 

Which Mark II are you considering ?

Well...parts are there but not there as well...

Whilst looking for parts for my Mark X what I have discovered is that most of the general mechanical parts for the X90, X100 and X110; especially the X110) are there (the shop people were trying to see if these parts would fit the Mark X...some do by the way). True, you can't just walk in to any parts shop and expect to find whatever part...but the parts are there in most "Toyota" parts shops. Also, some parts are interchangeable with other Toyota/Lexus models. Just to save yourself the headache with things like brake pads, etc..you might want to pre-order/import your own parts before hand and keep it with you.

Early (X80 and X90) series body parts might be a bit hard to find but the X100 and X110 series parts are a bit easier to come by. the thing is..these cars are kind of getting its own little cult in SL so there are people/enthusiasts who bring down parts for these cars from Japan who are quite helpful.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, iRage said:

Which Mark II are you considering ?

Well...parts are there but not there as well...

Whilst looking for parts for my Mark X what I have discovered is that most of the general mechanical parts for the X90, X100 and X110; especially the X110) are there (the shop people were trying to see if these parts would fit the Mark X...some do by the way). True, you can't just walk in to any parts shop and expect to find whatever part...but the parts are there in most "Toyota" parts shops. Also, some parts are interchangeable with other Toyota/Lexus models. Just to save yourself the headache with things like brake pads, etc..you might want to pre-order/import your own parts before hand and keep it with you.

Early (X80 and X90) series body parts might be a bit hard to find but the X100 and X110 series parts are a bit easier to come by. the thing is..these cars are kind of getting its own little cult in SL so there are people/enthusiasts who bring down parts for these cars from Japan who are quite helpful.

There were several advertised by the quick site. 2000-2001 model year vehicles. 100 and 110 yeah. Those are the ones I'm after. 

I also happened to stumble upon a Jap site called "Amayama" for spares. Would that work for me? Is E-bay an viable alternative? 

Pre-ordering the parts is also sounding fair.  

Thanks for the descriptive post mate. Cheers. 

By the way, I have also heard that there is no fixed prize for these vehicles. Would it possible to knock down several lax from the original offer? 

12 hours ago, BuBi said:

There were several advertised by the quick site. 2000-2001 model year vehicles. 100 and 110 yeah. Those are the ones I'm after. 

I also happened to stumble upon a Jap site called "Amayama" for spares. Would that work for me? Is E-bay an viable alternative? 

Pre-ordering the parts is also sounding fair.  

Thanks for the descriptive post mate. Cheers. 

By the way, I have also heard that there is no fixed prize for these vehicles. Would it possible to knock down several lax from the original offer? 

I haven't used Amayama..but quite a few seem to use it. The other option is there are several proxy sites that you can buy stuff from on Yahoo Auctions - Japan. The thing is for some stuff you need to do a bit of hunting around for shipping options. For example...a rubber bush or something can be easily mailed over, a body part can be justifiably couriered or shipped over...but something like brake pads suck because at times you end up paying more for shipping than the parts itself. There are people in SL who consolidate shipments and bring things like that over...bottom line is don't stick to just one channel of supply.

No there are no fixed prices....sellers post whatever they want :D Then depending on levels of desperation (on the sellers part) the price may go down. So always negotiate. The thing is these cars, although are old, are quite solid and well equipped (as much as a Premio/Allion) and gets decent fuel mileage. Also, projects drive up the prices as well...(for now most are after 100 series Chasers and Crestas).

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, ArtfulDodger said:

what would be the ideal price if I am to buy a 2003 model Mark 2? Anything I should know about this model specifically? 

Hmm...I think the prices range from about 2.5mil to about 3.5 mil ? The facelift (which you are looking at) will be more towards the upper end of the spectrum. The 1G-FE engine (you are not going to find a 1JZ engine) is pretty solid and the A42 (I think) transmission is old but is a solid workhorse. just look for the usual signs of wear and tear on those (smooth shifting, etc...in all modes). Look at the rear diff and listen for any whines. The diffs are pretty solid but if not maintained they do wear out (again..just like any other car). What to look for specifically..nothing really....just look for rust in the trunk space, especially the side tunnels where the wheel well is at. There are vents in there where water comes in during washing and gets retained. Because it is covered by the trunk upholstery it does not get cleaned up and eventually leads to rust (because the water outlet gets clogged up)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iRage said:

Hmm...I think the prices range from about 2.5mil to about 3.5 mil ? The facelift (which you are looking at) will be more towards the upper end of the spectrum. The 1G-FE engine (you are not going to find a 1JZ engine) is pretty solid and the A42 (I think) transmission is old but is a solid workhorse. just look for the usual signs of wear and tear on those (smooth shifting, etc...in all modes). Look at the rear diff and listen for any whines. The diffs are pretty solid but if not maintained they do wear out (again..just like any other car). What to look for specifically..nothing really....just look for rust in the trunk space, especially the side tunnels where the wheel well is at. There are vents in there where water comes in during washing and gets retained. Because it is covered by the trunk upholstery it does not get cleaned up and eventually leads to rust (because the water outlet gets clogged up)

Ah nice thanks.. i was expecting that you would reply :D