• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Mark Ii

Chris0628

Its a nice, roomy comfortable car with a pleasure to drive.

My experience it does ( I had 2.5 ltr engine as oppose to many 2 ltr engine)

about 6 - 7 per ltr in city, which I was quiet happy considering the size and plus factors

even many standard cars would do around 8-9 per ltr.

maintenance I didn't had major issues and was quiet ok.

As most of the cars were 99 YOM If you could find a decent low mileage car

it's a good car.

• 11 months later...

I've been using a mark II for 7 years with zero trouble. Only negative is fuel consumption around 6 to 7 within Colombo, and 10+ long distance. considering it's weight, 2L 6 cylinders and great rear wheel drive, 6 for me is a great deal. My entire 7 year period, I've only changed tires twice, break pads from Toyota 3 times and had a radiator leak (small fix). anyone who says it does more than 8, it's a lie.

if you're a driver with some passion, loves spinning wheels and left others on road with the cruising power, mark II is a great deal considering it's price for features and comfy.

• Like 1

By the way, as we're in 2011, and Toyota Prius 2008 hybrid, which does 40KM/L can be found around 2.7 Million, I don't see a reason why people should buy 10 years old fuel thirsty white elephant. :rolleyes:

I sold mine (1999, GX-100) for 2Mil and felt sorry for the buyer. :huh:

Just to check, I called a person who advertized YOM 2000, GX-100 and asking 2.7Mil, and he told me it does 8.5 KM/L and I was laughing :angry-smiley-048:

I think we all should move away from all the fuel hungry vehicles as these are not very practical. Even though my car didn't gave me problems, but my petrol cost for the months comes close to 30,000 - 40,000 a month. Yeah, 20 rupees per kilometer closely (115/6 for the safer side)

• Like 1

I think we all should move away from all the fuel hungry vehicles as these are not very practical. Even though my car didn't gave me problems, but my petrol cost for the months comes close to 30,000 - 40,000 a month. Yeah, 20 rupees per kilometer closely (115/6 for the safer side)

It's so easy to pull info out of your a**. If we all did it like you wouldn't life be so much easier?

• Like 1

I disagree. I have a car that gets the same mileage and I don't spend that much a month. And I can afford the mileage I get, so its practical for me.

Here's my wish to you. I hope you are condemned to drive a tiny broken down rust bucket with little metal bits that come out of the seat and stab you in the behind while driving and causes you to knock your knees and elbows on something everything you breathe and gets you over 10kmpl.

Hi guys... just curious to know.. what are the pros/cons of the Toyota Mark II (2000-2004)

Very nice car. A close relation used one for many years, on company petrol though ;) Once it was sold, that bugger had to replace the engine mounts and he couldn't find those here. And for importing from Singapore, cost seems to be around Rs. 90k. So I've been told, not sure whether it's accurate. I've driven this car and liked the comfort and handling. I was actually looking for one a few months ago but failed to find one in decent condition.

By the way, as we're in 2011, and Toyota Prius 2008 hybrid, which does 40KM/L can be found around 2.7 Million, I don't see a reason why people should buy 10 years old fuel thirsty white elephant. :rolleyes:

Just to check, I called a person who advertized YOM 2000, GX-100 and asking 2.7Mil, and he told me it does 8.5 KM/L and I was laughing :angry-smiley-048:

Naah.... some of us will hold on to our gas guzzling white elephants for little bit more time... :)

YOu are still trying flog that Prius of yours, isn't it?

I dont pump that much gas to both the gas guzzlers I have... :) So unless you want to tell us that you can spare 40K a month on gas... ;)

My Alfa figures makes your MArk II look like a Prius... ;)

• Like 1

Always wondered whther there are Mark II Tourer-V models here

Mark II what a muscle car. fantastic. Always liked the look of the 96 model. I think the newer once use EPS ( the car I rented for two weeks was EPS) and it seems to be the weak point of the car. But all in all Fantastic car.

Hi guys... just curious to know.. what are the pros/cons of the Toyota Mark II (2000-2004)

Smooth and comfortable cars with soft but fairly rugged suspension. EPS makes the steering light for a car of its class (but not 'Axio' light).

Fuel can get up to 8ish on a combined cycle following a tune up. Thick city running would be 6-8 but never recorded under that so far.

Spares are available at G.S. M*t*rs and at the Agents. PM if you want a breakdown of costs.

Check for sludge and engine wear resulting from this.

Valve Sensors give with age and are likely to need replacement in the 2000/2001 cars which have run over 150k. Not like they pop every day but each sensor is around 12k new and there are 6 of them.

There was a 3.0 GX 90 with massive alloys running around a few years ago. But yet to see any Tourer V versions.

ok lets assume your hypothesis that you spend 30k-40k a month on petrol,

for the ease of calculation ill take the average figure which is 35000Rs

So that means if you divide your monthly fuel consumption by the price of 1Lt of petrol you get the amount of fuel you consume in one month [ 35000/115=304.3Lt ]

now again back to your point of 6kmpl on your markII

and if you multiply that by your claimed kmpl you have driven [304.3 x 6 = 1826 Km ] 1826 KM in a month !

So even if you go to work for the whole 30 days of the month you will be driving 1826/30 = 60.86 Km daily !!!! bloody hell, what do you run a taxi service or something ?

Buddy your not fooling anyone, i suggest you get your head out of your a** and grow up !!! :angry-smiley-048::violent-smiley-099::angry-smiley-024::action-smiley-060:

• Like 1

Well can't be completely false as we use the Yaris every single day and runs around 1500km+ per month, it does around 9-10 normally and gives a fuel bill of around 20000Rs per month. One person I know goes 100km+ per day for work, got himself a diesel just for that :)

One person I know goes 100km+ per day for work, got himself a diesel just for that :)

:lol: Take bus drivers as an example, they drive about 300kms for work each day! And they have diesels just for that too. :action-smiley-015:

Edited by DevakaC

Well travelling 60Km daily is not very unrealistic number.

For example I know 2 guys who travel Matale - Kandy which is around 30Km in one trip and comes to 60Km in both ways.

And what about daily travelers who come to colombo from Kaluthara or Panadura I am sure they are doing smoe thing minimum 60Km - 80Km daily basis.

Edited by MkX

Nah machan I wasn't picking on that just messing with the person who claimed some close to unreal numbers.

Ok no problem, just corrected my small mistake :)

Is the Toyota Verosa and Mark II the same thing? Like export and JDM versions?

Not really, the Verossa was JDM only while Mark II was for both JDM and export markets afaik. The Verossa was made during last gen of Mark II and both were then replaced by the Mark X.

Same platform, similar price and similar specs - http://specs.cars-directory.net/~compare?ids=MzE5NjYsMzMyNzk=

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Well can't be completely false as we use the Yaris every single day and runs around 1500km+ per month, it does around 9-10 normally and gives a fuel bill of around 20000Rs per month. One person I know goes 100km+ per day for work, got himself a diesel just for that :)

Yes true machan but keep in mind that the calculation was done for the bare minimum and if we calculated for 40000Rs and 7Kmpl and a more realistic number than to assume he goes to work on all 30 days ( maybe 26 ) the figure would drastically change :alc:

This was more of a "i earn so much that i dont mind spending 40k just for fuel" kinda statement ;)

Edited by The Stig