• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ae110 Fuel Meter Problem....or Is It Normal Reading

riddle

guys....i bought a 110 (AUTO 1.5cc) recently(4days ago) and day before i filled my tank(~5k) and went on a trip to beruwela(lets say approx 140km)...

i had some issues with the a/c before and i had a small check up at a local ac garage(compressor problem...since the previous owner promised to repair it..im not much concerned abou it atm)

but once i came home i was surprised to see that the fuel meter was only a lil bit lower to FULL TANK(before starting the trip it was a lil bit higher than full tank) ...

this happens to be the first long distance trip on this car and i ran it without a/c the whole day..

but is this possible???running ~140kms and get an extremely satisfactory fuel reading(i went constantly on 50-60 and never did more that 70kmph since it was my first time)..

orelse is there anything fishy going on with the fuel sensor??i mean would the a/c repair guy accidentally pulled any wires or something???

the owner claims that the cars runs about 11-12kms in col and 14 out station WITH A/C....

guys im confused..pls help me

thanks alot...i hope you experts would know how a noob(ME) WOULD REACT n this matter..hehe

THANKS/

guys....i bought a 110 (AUTO 1.5cc) recently(4days ago) and day before i filled my tank(~5k) and went on a trip to beruwela(lets say approx 140km)...

i had some issues with the a/c before and i had a small check up at a local ac garage(compressor problem...since the previous owner promised to repair it..im not much concerned abou it atm)

but once i came home i was surprised to see that the fuel meter was only a lil bit lower to FULL TANK(before starting the trip it was a lil bit higher than full tank) ...

this happens to be the first long distance trip on this car and i ran it without a/c the whole day..

but is this possible???running ~140kms and get an extremely satisfactory fuel reading(i went constantly on 50-60 and never did more that 70kmph since it was my first time)..

orelse is there anything fishy going on with the fuel sensor??i mean would the a/c repair guy accidentally pulled any wires or something???

the owner claims that the cars runs about 11-12kms in col and 14 out station WITH A/C....

guys im confused..pls help me

thanks alot...i hope you experts would know how a noob(ME) WOULD REACT n this matter..hehe

THANKS/

you cant judge the amount of fuel used by simply looking at the portion of the gauge needle. Usually full tank stays without showing a movement on the gauge needle not because entire full tank is unused but because floater hasn't moved down until fuel level goes down below the thickness of the floater(plastic box sorta thing) also first half of the tank goes down slowly and second half goes fast. This i noted in my car as well as my boss's carina. So it should be same for you. Best thing to check out fuel consumption is to refill tank full and find out how much of fuel it burnt for the trip.

you cant judge the amount of fuel used by simply looking at the portion of the gauge needle. Usually full tank stays without showing a movement on the gauge needle not because entire full tank is unused but because floater hasn't moved down until fuel level goes down below the thickness of the floater(plastic box sorta thing) also first half of the tank goes down slowly and second half goes fast. This i noted in my car as well as my boss's carina. So it should be same for you. Best thing to check out fuel consumption is to refill tank full and find out how much of fuel it burnt for the trip.

I've observed the same thing with pretty much all the cars I've driven.

Its a Toyota so its possible he burnt less than 8.2 as well :P

well time to look around, check which brand holds the guiness record for longest mileage per tank with 90+ mpg :P (disclaimer : i personaly don't intend to start a brand war, just highlightin facts as part of community education) ;)

well time to look around, check which brand holds the guiness record for longest mileage per tank with 90+ mpg :P (disclaimer : i personaly don't intend to start a brand war, just highlightin facts as part of community education) ;)

probably it has a Krisco Nihal tuned downgraded ECU :P

probably it has a Krisco Nihal tuned downgraded ECU :P

:P could be, but this is deisel hybrids, checkout the links. Now I wonder CRISCO Nihal driven a hybrid allion around :D

http://green.autoblog.com/2008/05/22/hyper...lia-at-75-6mpg/

http://www.peugeot.co.nz/News/MediaDetails...x?ArticleID=142

http://www.peugeot.co.nz/News/MediaDetails...x?ArticleID=139

http://www.peugeot.com.au/oct-08-dec-08/pe...-economy-drive/

http://www.peugeot.com.au/fuel-economy-world-records/

Fuel Economy World Records

Peugeot is the proud holder of two Guinness World Records for fuel economy, both set using HDi diesel technology in the tough Australian conditions.

Our first world record was achieved in 2002 for the furthest distance travelled on a single tank - 2,348km (Melbourne to Rockhampton) from a single 70 litre tank of fuel. The record was set in a Peugeot 406 HDi.

Our second record, originally set in 2004 and then broken again in 2008, was for the overall round Australia fuel economy.

The 2004 trip, in a 307 Touring 1.6 HDi travelled a distance of 14,634 at an average of 3.49 l/100km. Bettering that effort was a trip 4 years later, this time in a 308 1.6 HDi. The figures are even more amazing, with a distance of 14,580km travelled at an average of just 3.13 l/100km.

The cars used in each trip were completely unmodified from what you would find on the showroom floor. Making the 308's world record even more remarkable was that the car was carrying the additional weight of two people plus luggage needed for the 25 day trip.

• 7 months later...

Fuel Economy World Records

Peugeot is the proud holder of two Guinness World Records for fuel economy, both set using HDi diesel technology in the tough Australian conditions.

Our first world record was achieved in 2002 for the furthest distance travelled on a single tank - 2,348km (Melbourne to Rockhampton) from a single 70 litre tank of fuel. The record was set in a Peugeot 406 HDi.

Our second record, originally set in 2004 and then broken again in 2008, was for the overall round Australia fuel economy.

The 2004 trip, in a 307 Touring 1.6 HDi travelled a distance of 14,634 at an average of 3.49 l/100km. Bettering that effort was a trip 4 years later, this time in a 308 1.6 HDi. The figures are even more amazing, with a distance of 14,580km travelled at an average of just 3.13 l/100km.

The cars used in each trip were completely unmodified from what you would find on the showroom floor. Making the 308's world record even more remarkable was that the car was carrying the additional weight of two people plus luggage needed for the 25 day trip.

Record for single tank has been broken - 1531 miles (~2450 km) by a diesel passat bluemotion:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8040430/Driver-sets-new-world-record-by-driving-1531-miles-on-single-tank-of-fuel.html

or you can get 10,000mpg on this one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/green-motoring/5570549/Eco-cars-travel-distance-equal-to-London-to-Sydney-on-one-gallon-of-fuel-Shell-Eco-Marathon.html